EA Access Subscription (X1 Exclusive), $5 A Month/$30 for Year for Select EA Games

dvgamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Today, EA revealed EA Access, an Xbox One-exclusive subscription service that grants players access to EA's so-called Vault.

Subscribing to EA Access will cost $4.99 a month (or $29.99 a year), and since the program is technically in beta, only four games will initially be available: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, and Battlefield 4, "with more titles being added soon."

Additionally, EA Access will also net subscribers 10 percent discounts on all EA digital content, which includes full games and DLC, as well as access to trials of new EA games nearly a week before they come out (with saves that copy over to the final game, should you choose to purchase it later). Games that will be eligible for early access and save copy-over are Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA Live 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Memberships can be purchased on Xbox Live, and will also be available at retail stores like GameStop and online destinations like Amazon. The subscription service will launch "soon," according to EA, and will be available in North America and Europe.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/29/ea-announces-subscription-service-on-xbox-one-ea-access?abthid=53d7d3116415330f4400000c

Pretty cool move by EA and great exclusive for X1. No word on whether you stream the games or download it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, dude... you were on that quickly. I was skeptical when I saw the tweet from Peter Moore, but after reading, this sounds kind of cool. I don't know that I'd pay for a year, but I can definitely see myself trying it out for a month.

Who would pay $30 for 4 games 5 days early, I don't understand that logic
Did you read the link at all? You get unlimited access to all games they put in the vault (4 for the beta) AND 5 days early access to certain stuff, in addition to the discounts on downloadable stuff.

They said the same thing about about season pass and instead removed ncaa football and my season pass didn't transfer to next gen which was lame. Not worth it.

They said the same thing about about season pass and instead removed ncaa football and my season pass didn't transfer to next gen which was lame. Not worth it.
This is not the same thing. You are getting access to full games here as part of this. The EA Season Pass never claimed you'd be able to transfer it to next-gen.

[quote name="Matt Young" post="11965493" timestamp="1406655668"]This is not the same thing. You are getting access to full games here as part of this. The EA Season Pass never claimed you'd be able to transfer it to next-gen.[/quote]
True, it'd be really cool if they had every EA game and let us try out games before we buy

I guess a cool idea, but I always feel like these things turn into an "obligation to play" situation because you are paying. I personally feel like that with subscription based everything. But for $5 a month it's not bad at all. I would pay that to play some Battlefield and whatever other games might be available. 

Meh...very similar to Season Ticket. But instead of Ultimate Team bonuses, you're getting access to "vault games". Considering how dirt cheap EA's older games get and how quickly the communities die off and/or get shut down, I'm not sure how much of an incentive I consider this.

Even the Season Ticket program wasn't worth it for me. $10 more for some old games isn't going to sway me. I guess it could change if the vault really grows. But EA isn't even going to have that big of a library on X1 for a while anyway. No deal, Peter Moore.

That's why I find the 1 month option appealing. $5 for access to just the games in the beta would be worth it to me for 30 days, and they're supposed to offer more titles in the full program. But I certainly see why others feel that it is not worth the price.

That's why I find the 1 month option appealing. $5 for access to just the games in the beta would be worth it to me for 30 days, and they're supposed to offer more titles in the full program. But I certainly see why others feel that it is not worth the price.
Yeah, I guess it's not terrible if you were really into one game and you wanted to pay $5 to play it early. I could see that. And I guess if you really wanted to play all four games in the vault, that's a pretty cheap "rental".

As for adding more games, I can't see them adding anything new'ish (which means EA UFC and Titanfall probably won't be considered for a good while). So, you're looking at Need For Speed Rivals and NBA Live 14? Maybe Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare if you're lucky. Those are the only other possibilities.

$5 for one month of that definitely isn't bad though. Kind of surprised they'd let you do just a single month like that though. Makes me wonder what the catch is, haha.

If it's up and running before Madden 15, I might do the month for the early access to that and NHL.
Yeah, I had that thought too. With those games coming out only 2 weeks apart, $5 isn't bad. But then again, with my stupid Comcast bandwidth cap, the 5 days might not be worth wasting 20-30gb per game.

I'm thinking I might go for it just for Madden and NHL
Yeah, for $5, you can't go wrong. If Comcast weren't motherfuckers in my area, I'd probably do it. My only other hesitation would be how slow the servers used to be for the Season Ticket games and how long it took to download those games. These are probably going to be at least 3 times as big. You could be downloading that thing for like a day and a half, lol :lol:

Huh, because I'm in the xbox dashboard preview program I have access to this now. I was going to use ms credit, but it only uses credit cards. I think I like this, but I'm going to sleep on it before signing up.

Yeah, for $5, you can't go wrong. If Comcast weren't motherfuckers in my area, I'd probably do it. My only other hesitation would be how slow the servers used to be for the Season Ticket games and how long it took to download those games. These are probably going to be at least 3 times as big. You could be downloading that thing for like a day and a half, lol :lol:
Yeah, I don't usually have a problem though as we have a 90mbs connection. I just might get the full year as I plan on more EA games like Fifa as well.

That's not how it reads. 4.99 a month of 29.99 a year. If you had to pay a year up front, the math of 4.99 a month doesn't add up to 29.99.
Not any different than Xbox Live or other services that offer monthly and yearly options. Commit longer, pay less than the monthly rate.

Figured for $30 bucks, why not? Traded in my Fifa, Madden and BF4 copies for a good price. Sure they are digital but Madden is on its way out as is Fifa. I just need a new hdd as they keep adding stuff.

"Play First: EA Access members will get to experience trials of new EA games early on Xbox One. Starting 5 days before release, you’ll be able to try the game for at least two hours and then save your progress. Once you purchase the digital or physical copy, you can use your save game and continue the experience."

I just hope the 2 hour limit is for games like Dragon Age. If they put a limit on Madden and NHL, that would be dumb but I guess it would cut down on players boosting.

Seems like an OK deal, although, I generally buy Madden and NHL on Day 1, so this is not really ideal.  How many people realyl want to play last years sports games?

Also, if I subscribe, can I play Madden 25 online against my friend who owns the physical disc?

Seems like an OK deal, although, I generally buy Madden and NHL on Day 1, so this is not really ideal. How many people realyl want to play last years sports games?

Also, if I subscribe, can I play Madden 25 online against my friend who owns the physical disc?
the games in vault are the legit full version o fgames you download from market place.

Well, I caved and signed up.  I already traded in Madden and BF4 that I had on PS4 a while back, so it's good to play with my other set of friends now.  $30 was cheap enough. 

Well, I caved and signed up. I already traded in Madden and BF4 that I had on PS4 a while back, so it's good to play with my other set of friends now. $30 was cheap enough.
I caved in as well as I said in the other thread: Haven't bought a Madden since Genesis, can't recall the last time I played a Fifa ame, and Battlefield is a nice bonus. I'm hoping they add Need for Speed by XMas and I'm interested to see how the Dragon Age preview/trial works. Depending on how things look in a year I'll probably sign up for another, it all depends on the speed and additions of games, I'd imagine newer sports games before next August.

All I can say is that I really like the service. The couple hours of Dragon Age got me playing the 360 games again and picking up some free nerd points on soccer and football is a bonus.

bread's done
Back