EA Customer Support Is A Joke

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Ok....I sent in my Rock Band guitar almost 2 weeks ago and I have been getting the run-around ever since.....

reads from the bottom to the top:

Response (Christened P)
02/27/2008 02:18 AM
Hello!

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support. I apologize for the trouble you're having with the game.

The Standard replacement option is an alternative option for those who do not have a credit card or are not comfortable with placing a hold on their account. In this method, we ship you an empty box and a shipping label that you can use to send your faulty peripheral to us. Once we receive and process the item, we will ship you out a new peripheral. This process takes a bit longer than Express since we have to receive your item before we can send the new one.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).

Sincerely,
Chris P.
EA Technical Support

----------------------------------------

Customer (Malik Abuelaileh)
02/26/2008 06:15 AM

WORST.CUSTOMER SERVICE.EVAR.

--------------------------------------------------

Response (Christened P)
02/26/2008 02:52 AM

Hello Malik!

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support. We do apologize for the delay. Rest assured that we are doing everything we can to ship the replacement as soon as possible. We do thank you for your patience.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).

Sincerely,
Chris P.
EA Technical Support

------------------------------------------

That's it? I don't even get a sorry about that? You just give me a robot reply and expect me to be happy about it? I wonder if this problem is class action lawsuit worthy....

----------------------------

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you .

I checked the status and it is still being processed. Once the package is ready for shipping you will receive an email with the tracking number for the replacement.

Sincerely,
Chris P.
EA Technical Support

--------------------------------------------

02/23/2008 07:32 AM
Has my guitar shipped yet? This is unacceptable. You recieved my guitar 12 days ago and I still know nothing nor have I been offered some sort of compensation for this delay. 2nd day shipping (which you tout) is pointless when the turn around time is this long. It has officially taken longer to get my guitar back from you than it did to get a replacement Xbox from Microsoft.

-------------------------------------------------

Response (Christened P)
02/18/2008 03:06 AM

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support. I apologize for the difficulty you're having with Rock Band.

I checked the status of your request and it appears that the warranty request is still being processed by EA and the request is in the 5th phase.

Sincerely,

Chris P.
EA Technical Support
02/17/2008 04:06 PM

When will my guitar ship then? I was told this would be a very fast process with 2 day shipping and that is exactly what is not happening. How do I escalate this issue?

------------------------------------------

Response (Christian T.)
02/17/2008 04:01 PM

Hello Malik,

I appreciate your quick response. The customers that were offered the "Free Game" experienced unexpectedly long delays due to a late shipment from our manufacturer and had to wait to rock it.

This offer applies only to a limited group of customers who were notified directly by EA Customer Support that they would receive a free game. If you did not receive such an email directly from EA Customer Support, then this offer does not apply to you.

For the latest technical support information about your favorite EA games, be sure to check out our online support page at http://support.ea.com.

Christian T.
EA Technical Support
02/17/2008 01:07 AM

Has my guitar shipped yet? Who do I need to talk to about getting the free game EA was offering due to the delay? I have a $170 game sitting here that I want to play guitar on.

-------------------------------------------

Response (Yves M.)
02/13/2008 09:41 AM

Hello Malik,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support.

We apologize but EA Technical Support does not have any details regarding any compensation nor do we make any decisions with regards to who gets compensated. Please wait for an email regarding the details of the compensation, should you become eligible for it.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts game in the future, please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).

Yves
EA Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------

02/12/2008 04:18 PM

Since there is a delay, will I not be offered any type of compensation like previous customers with delay problems?

--------------------------------------------------------

Response (Yves M.)
02/12/2008 01:27 PM

Hello Malik,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support.

I checked the tracking number for your package to EA, which is 1Z67X01W9098071098, and I see that the defective unit was delivered on February 11, 2008. Regarding the replacement that will be sent to you, it does appear there has been a slight delay in processing your replacement unit. We are making every effort to get replacement items shipped out quickly, and yours should be on its way soon.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts game in the future, please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).

Yves
EA Technical Support

---------------------------------------------

02/11/2008 12:25 PM

I sent in my Fender guitar for Rock Band a few days ago and have not recieved any info about it. My RMA number is rma7915219. This is taking much longer than anticipated and would like to be able to play my $170 game soon.

yes EA customer service sucks I emailed them about Rock band also and they gave me some irrelevant info. We emailed back and forth and we're just running in circles. Stupid fucking EA reps!

Well at least you don't have to sign up like for Ubisoft. Not only you must sign up, but it's way longer than the simple two-steps forum registrations. Sons of a...

Malik, you seem to have trouble with a lot of customer service people. Ever think that the problem is you and not them? J/K. Good luck with them.

Funny, I had a replacement drum set within 2 days.

When a company gives you the option for them to send first, you always take them up on it.

Has anyone been able to get compensation of another EA game for long delay times? My Rock Band replacement guitar took almost a month. I haven't had time to call and complain about it yet since most of my frustration was directed initially through email. Just thought I'd see if others wer able to get compensation before I demanded it.

I haven't heard a peep since they received my guitar:

Tracking Detail

Your package has been delivered.

Tracking Number: 1Z ... ... .. .... ... .
Type: Package

Delivered On: 12/20/2007 3:22 A.M.
Signed By: HAMPTON
Delivered To: REDFORD, MI, US
Service: GROUND
Weight: 1.50 Lbs

[quote name='daroga']Funny, I had a replacement drum set within 2 days.[/quote]

Yeah, me too. But I sent it in around the launch, maybe before they got flooded.

OP: Sounds like your talking to a machine.

My guitar broke two days after i bought rock band. I chose the two day express shipping and it took over a month to get here!

For you guys having problems call their customer support line at 1 (650) 628-1001.

I have a similar situation like Malik's where weeks would pass full of robotic responses and no guitar. I sent my replacement guitar in the beginning of fn January! You would think they would have some kind of answer other than "we're sorry, it's still being processed."

So I called their customer support number and got a new tracking number and rma for a replacement that will ship within 5-7 days...

Just keep getting angry and a real person will get to you thats what happened for me...Guess what the drums they sent me suck yeaaaaaaaaaaa. I am now going onto my 4th pair of drums in the past month

My experience below. Luckily I had two Guitar Hero Guitars to play with. I never received an answer as to why my guitar was delayed even though it was blatantly obvious they cancelled my return. This does not include another phone call that wasn't documented. I sold the replacement on Ebay still sealed from EA and it lasted ~30 days before it broke on the guy that bought it from me. I will never buy another piece of EA hardware.

Rock Band (PS3): customer is asking why there was a delay of a replacement of the instruments
Response (EA Tech Joseph S.)
01/10/2008 01:18 PM

Hello,

Recently you called our technical support department for assistance with one of our titles. We sincerely hope the issue you experienced with the game is now resolved, but if you do need further assistance, please let us know. You can also check our extensive online knowledgebase for answers to commonly encountered problems by going to http://support.ea.com , and clicking the Tech Support link.

Thank you,
Joseph S.
Electronic Arts Technical Support

------------------------------------------------
Response (Landon F.)
01/07/2008 10:40 AM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts!

I have requested your replacement to be sent to you:

Your RMA number is: XXXX
Your UPS tracking number is: XXXX

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Landon F.
Customer Support
Electronic Arts
--------------------------------

Customer (Kanownik)
12/30/2007 02:06 AM

It shows my email address and full name on my account. I see them right now on this page that I am typing on. You can't look up the status of an RMA from my EA account name? Oh well, here is the information you requested:

FULL NAME: Kanownik
EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE NO: XXX-XXX-XXXX
RMA: XXX
UPS TRACKING NO.: XXX

UPS is showing that the guitar was delivered to the return center on 12/11 and was signed for by Yicel.
--------------------------------------------------

Response (Lennard B)
12/28/2007 11:14 PM

Hello,

Thanks for contacting EA Technical Support. I apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing with our game, Rock Band for XBOX 360.

To best assist you with your issue, please provide us the following information so we can check your request.

FULL NAME:
EMAIL:
PHONE NO.:
RMA:
UPS TRACKING NO.:

Please provide as much of the above information as possible. If you do not send the above information, it will be difficult to assist you.

Thanks!

Lennard B.
EA Technical Support
-----------------------------------------

Customer (Kanownik)
12/28/2007 01:23 PM

What is the status of the replacement guitar I requested? When I look at "my questions" it says "Cancelled RMA", but I don't understand why it says that. I dropped of my guitar in person at a UPS store and got a receipt over three weeks ago and I have not received my replacement guitar yet.

Well, I just received my replacement guitar today. The original wouldn't strum down hardly at all. It was problematic from day according to the kids, but they just strummed up. Grrr. I wish they told me sooner. Anyways, I just hooked up the replacement guitar and it doesn't strum up unless you press hard. The yellow button is sticky too. The original is more useable than the replacement.

I've written ea in hopes to get this rectified quickly. They have the hold on my Credit Card, and I have two defective guitars.

This game is so cool, that I wish another manufacturor would build a high quality guitar to go with the game. I realize for $169 that they can't make these things out of gold and titanium, but they aren't worth $1.69 if they don't work.

The kids now have to resort to playing using a GH3 guitar, or their old PS/2 Guitar Hero II. Funny how that guitar is still going strong after well over a year of constant playing by three kids and one adult.

Anyways, I'll post again with the good, or the bad.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Anything ever happen with this?[/quote]

oh hell! i forgot about this thread!!

i called customer support and they looked up my RMA#...told me it was lost or some shit and then gave me a new RMA# and a ups tracking number..i asked about the free game and he said EA isnt doing that anymore and I was like "what? long delay, deal with it?" and he told me EA is going to be repairing rockband peripherals for a few months for free. I had my guitar about 4 days later. fucking EA...

I know this topic is almost a year old... but i had to post in it... because of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MJf9Lx8il0

Ive had enough of the cheaters in NHL 09, EA Sports is constantly banning people who DONT cheat. yet the cheaters are constantly allowed to get away with it... and now i got banned..

GIVE ME A BREAK, i only scored 35 goals in over 300 games, and more then half of them was as a Defenseman *Games wise* and 20 percent of my games i played as Goalie.

fuck EA Sports.

Rockband is such a poor quality product. I'm out of warranty and if the guitar breaks, I am out of luck. My kick pedal lasted less than 6 weeks and I was very careful with it (I sometimes didn't even hit the pedal hard enough for it to trigger it). The drum sticks lasted 3 weeks (not under warranty). I ended up buying a 3rd party better quality pedal.

bread's done
Back