EA Flash Deals: 03/04/11 Dead Space 2

Chrono Gear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (96%)
Todays First Flash Deal (of 3) is Dead Space 2 with 3000 likes. Need to hit it by 11:30AM. No word on discount %, free shipping inclusion, or platforms. Likely to follow Mass Effect 2 which was 50% off +Free Shipping on all available platforms.

**I will probably be too busy at work to update this so just look for the one offs today.**

The link for anyone unfamiliar with EA's Flash Deals Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/eaflashdeals

The discount code (will be displayed after unlock):
d3adsp8ce21

FAQ (in progress):

Q: What is EA Flash Deals?
A: Special discounts on video games sold through EA's online store typically ranging from 50%-60%. Often they include free shipping but do include tax (at least in my area). These deals are offered exclusively through the EA Flash Deals Facebook page.

Q: How can I help make the deal go live faster?
A: "Like" the required post on their Facebook page and tell your friends about it. Typically they require 500-1,000 likes. The Mass Effect deal required 1,500 and is the highest to date.

Q: What if I don't have/use Facebook?
A: You can still look at the page and see the "likes" and even see the deal when it goes live. It is recommended that you get a Facebook page so you can help get the "likes" up faster to ensure that the deals go live.

As an alternative you can follow EA Flash Deals on twitter (@EAFlashDeals) and they will post the deals when they go live as well. You can have their tweets sent to your phone so you will be immediately notified when a deal goes live.

Q: Where do I go to buy these games?
A: EA's online store.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Almost immediately upon reaching the number of "likes" required a deal will go live.

Q: How long is the deal good for?
A: Early posts by EA state the deals are good for 50-1,000 units. Although that number has probably been increased but there is no confirmation. Since there are many people clamoring for these deals they often are completely claimed within 20 minutes. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that if you want a deal you stalk their page until it goes live.

Q: Do these deals stack with coupons?
A: The deals stack with coupons. I have personally used a $20 coupon on NBA Jam and as a result it was completely free shipped during a past deal. Other coupons may work. It's always worth a try but YMMV.

Q: Do the unlock codes post faster on Facebook or Twitter?
A: In my experience Facebook does get the codes faster but it's only a minute or two.

Q: I didn't get a confirmation email. Does that mean my order didn't go through?
A: There is sometimes a huge delay in receiving confirmation emails. As long as you saw it on your computer screen go through you should be fine. Order tracking on the store site also has had reported issues as well. It is recommended that you check your credit card/bank account to confirm your order was placed.

Q: Are these discounts taken off the current price or standard MSRP?
A: While the store has lower than MSRP prices listed normally for some games, these deals are taken off of MSRP.

Q: How much is shipping?
A: The deals come with a free shipping option but there can be 3-4 days processing time before your order goes through in addition to ship time. You can select faster methods for premium shipping prices.

Q: Does the discount work for preorders?
A: So far there has been no preorder discount but that doesn't mean it can't happen in the future.

Q: Do these discounts work internationally?
A: It appears these discounts are only usable in the US EA online store.

Tips for getting deals:

1) Have the desired game in your cart ready to go.
2) Stalk the EA Flash Deals Facebook page until the deal goes live.
3) Follow @EAFlashDeals on Twitter for updates when codes go live.
3) Don't wait for the OP to update with the discount code. If it's not updated right away you may miss your opportunity to get the desired game.

Past Deals
02/25/11 Mass Effect 1 & 2 50% off + Free Shipping
02/24/11 NHL 11 60% off + Free Shipping
02/19/11 NBA JAM 60% off + Free Shipping
02/18/11 NBA JAM 60% off + Free Shipping
02/17/11 Medal of Honor 60% off + Free Shipping
02/16/11 FIFA 11 60% off + Free Shipping
02/11/11 Dragon Age Ultimate Edition 60% off + Free Shipping
02/07/11 Battlefield Bad Company 2 70% off + Free Shipping
02/04/11 FIFA 11 60% off + Free Shipping
02/03/11 Battlefield Vietnam Expansion Pack (PCDD) 70% off
02/02/11 EA Sports MMA 65% off + Free Shipping
01/31/11 NBA JAM 60% off + Free Shipping
01/27/11 NFS:HP 60% off + Free Shipping
01/26/11 Madden 60% off + Free Shipping
01/22/11 NBA JAM 60% off + Free Shipping
01/20/11 Dead Space 75% off + Free Shipping
01/10/11 NCAA Football 11 55% off + Free Shipping
01/06/11 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 $27.47-32.97 + Free Shipping
12/28/10 NHL 11 50% off
12/22/10 Medal of Honor 50% off
12/20/10 NFS: HP 35% off
12/15/10 Sims Late Night Expansion Pack 40% off
12/13/10 NBA JAM 50% off
12/11/10 NCAA Football 11 50% off
12/09/10 Madden NFL 11 50% off

Special Thanks to contributors to this FAQ: confoosious

-Feel free to PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this thread.

On a personal note it truly thrills me to be able to have a chance to give back to a community that has helped me save a ton of money. I only hope I can do justice to this site and follow in the footsteps of some of the other thread managers like reddjoey in particular and keep this thing as up to date and as useful as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to get flamed to all hell for this. But I hated ME1. Couldn't even force myself to play through it very far to find out what the hype was all about.

We really need a consistent place for all these Flash Deals.

OP - you should change the first post to be more of continual post of EA deals....

also it looks like ME1 is only available on PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably would buy if they had the PS3 one for $20. $30 for a game I've bought and played through for PC is still a bit much.

Good deal though for folks who haven't tried it out.

[quote name='gage006']I'm going to get flamed to all hell for this. But I hated ME1. Couldn't even force myself to play through it very far to find out what the hype was all about. Should I give ME2 a go?[/QUOTE]

I played ME1 and liked it (at most), but nowhere as much as the second. I just found it boring. The second one, however, I didn't mind playing through a few times and loved it. I'd say it's worth it.

[quote name='Luxuria']I played ME1 and liked it (at most), but nowhere as much as the second. I just found it boring. The second one, however, I didn't mind playing through a few times and loved it. I'd say it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

See, I'm the opposite. I thought ME2 didn't have enough RPG elements. I wish they would have left ME1s elements/side quests/story intact, but implemented the better controls/framerate of ME2. Oh, and unlimited ammo with overheats instead needs to come back

[quote name='Luxuria']I played ME1 and liked it (at most), but nowhere as much as the second. I just found it boring. The second one, however, I didn't mind playing through a few times and loved it. I'd say it's worth it.[/QUOTE]
i think the story was way better in me 1, ME 2 story not that good, only the character stories but the overall arc of the story was much more fun in ME 1.

Mass Effect 1 was awesome almost 4 years ago when it came out, but by now everyone else has had a chance to make it better (mainly Bioware itself) so it's gonna be a bit dated. Actually, now that I think about it, I still think that game is awesome. Oh well, to each his own.

[quote name='gage006']I'm going to get flamed to all hell for this. But I hated ME1. Couldn't even force myself to play through it very far to find out what the hype was all about.[/QUOTE]

Me too but the second one is great. I loved it.

ME2 PS3: $30
ME2 Xbox: $10

gonna pick up an extra ME2 for the collection before they start going PH. (Save the "what does a box matter" posts. )

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']I'm kind of the opposite.

I loved ME1.

ME2 bored the hell out of me, though. I feel like it was a step down.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']I thought ME2 didn't have enough RPG elements. I wish they would have left ME1s elements/side quests/story intact, but implemented the better controls/framerate of ME2. Oh, and unlimited ammo with overheats instead needs to come back[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts.

[quote name='gage006']I'm going to get flamed to all hell for this. But I hated ME1. Couldn't even force myself to play through it very far to find out what the hype was all about.[/QUOTE]
you are not alone
most. overrated. game. ever.

I played it but i never found what was so appealing.

Well like all Bioware games, its alot better on PC, especially with ME1. You had the same squad controls as ME2 on PC, but on 360 there was only like Regroup and Find Cover or something.

ME1 on PC Id even say was better than ME2. Like others, I also Liked the RPG elements of it but ME2 still does a great job of it and making the game more of a shooter.

ME1 on 360 was complete crap to me and I didnt even get into it after I saw how retarded the AI is.

But when you guys talk about ME1, its nice to clarify whether its PC or 360 cause the PC has the same squad controls as ME2.It may just be one difference that bugs me but it was a huge difference to me. Being able to tell Garrus and Wrex where to set up (Wrex up close, Garrus sniping) made it alot more fun during the battles cause then I could be between them and help cover. It was just alot of fun like that.

I've updated the OP with as much meaty material as I can for now. Have to leave for work but will edit and include the discount code as soon as it goes live.

PLEASE READ THE FAQ AND TIPS SECTIONS. I don't want to see this thread get bombarded with complainers that miss the deal because I was unable to post the discount code fast enough.

I'm tempted to get a 360 edition even though I have the CE simply because I feel like I am going to break the discs everytime I try taking them out of that steelbook.

You don't have to have an account to see the number of likes.

chrono, some suggestions: Free shipping. list the EA deals from the past and their prices.

Excellent idea, chrono :applause:

@Donutkid: 596 as of 1PM CDT.

This is going to be a great deal for those :ps3: owners; $30 for ME2 about 1 month later.

[quote name='confoosious']You don't have to have an account to see the number of likes.

chrono, some suggestions: Free shipping. list the EA deals from the past and their prices.[/QUOTE]

Good ideas. I'll add those tonight as well. Now I really have to get going to work! (So hard to leave sometimes)

do flash deals stack with coupon codes?

i have a $20 off code that was given to me today because of a late order a few weeks back. Would be glorious if they stacked... When they had 50% off almost everything they worked together.

Is it worth getting the second one without playing the first one? was looking at the 360 version since I don't want to spend $30 on the ps3 one

[quote name='AJVtony831']Is it worth getting the second one without playing the first one? was looking at the 360 version since I don't want to spend $30 on the ps3 one[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of story threads that the sequel continues on. You should be ok if you take the time to read a very detailed summary of the first game's story before heading into the sequel.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Thank you sir...or ma'am![/QUOTE]

Lol, you are welcome. And I am a sir; I'm pretty sure the majority of us are :D

[quote name='William_Birkin']I would also like to know if flash deal codes stack with coupon codes. Would anyone know if they do?[/QUOTE]

You holding out?

What codes?

[quote name='William_Birkin']I would also like to know if flash deal codes stack with coupon codes. Would anyone know if they do?[/QUOTE]

I believe they do. If you've read previous deals (NBA Jam, DA:O U.E., NHL 11, etc) some people have successfully used b-day codes, $20 off codes, etc., with EA flash deals.

bread's done
Back