EA Grand Slam Tennis - Wii - 29.98 (25.28 with ECA) on Amazon

I just picked this up with my ECA coupon as well. Well worth the price since you can then just buy the MotionPlus and it'll come out to be cheaper than if you bought the combo. Wii MotionPlus makes a HUGE difference.

Just a funny note... The TIV for Amazon on this game is $23, for TRU it is 22.50. Essentially you could pick this up, test it out, and if you don't like it just walk into TRU and get your money back.

Bought it from the EA Store for $30 a few weeks ago and hated it, even with the Motion Plus. I'd try hitting the ball to the right, the ball would go left and out of bounds. Try hitting it to the left, it would go right out of bounds. The ball would come toward me, and I would prepare to swing, then all of the sudden my character would swing early, go off balance, and the computer would score the point. It was so terrible I sold it on Ebay and got $40, so I can't complain. It isn't my controllers either, because I have no problem playing Wii Sports Resort or any other Wii game...the game is just terribly made. Its a shame, because I liked the graphics and overall feel of the game, but that controls are broken.

I haven't had any issues with it, but then again I only played 2x. I'm only getting this deal because I know I could resell for more than I paid.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Bought it from the EA Store for $30 a few weeks ago and hated it, even with the Motion Plus. I'd try hitting the ball to the right, the ball would go left and out of bounds. Try hitting it to the left, it would go right out of bounds. The ball would come toward me, and I would prepare to swing, then all of the sudden my character would swing early, go off balance, and the computer would score the point. It was so terrible I sold it on Ebay and got $40, so I can't complain. It isn't my controllers either, because I have no problem playing Wii Sports Resort or any other Wii game...the game is just terribly made. Its a shame, because I liked the graphics and overall feel of the game, but that controls are broken.[/QUOTE]

You are in the minority in those opinions. Perhaps you were doing something wrong with the positioning of your player.

[quote name='sliknik27']You are in the minority in those opinions. Perhaps you were doing something wrong with the positioning of your player.[/QUOTE]

Also, use nunchuck to control your character. Do not do the Wii Sports-esque remote only controls.

you need to re-calibrate after each shot, its stupid but it works. I had high hopes for motion plus, but it seems to be a hardware limitation. Waiting on sony's attempt.

I would have probably bit if I didn't pick up virtua tennis for ~$16 from amazon a few weeks ago, and haven't even opened yet. But all these yearly type games should be bargain bin

Good deal, thanks for post op.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='scottman']I would have probably bit if I didn't pick up virtua tennis for ~$16 from amazon a few weeks ago, and haven't even opened yet. But all these yearly type games should be bargain bin

bread's done
Back