EA Origin Client - 60% off selected PC games, content, 800 Bioware point packs, etc.

Callandor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
OK, EA has a promotion through their Origin PC client right now for 60% off. Code is ORIGIN60. Put it in at checkout.

You have to go through the store in the Origin client itself; the code will not work through the Origin web site store.

The code will NOT work on preorders (BF3, ME3, etc) and doesn't work on all games, namely newer ones (FIFA 12).

It does work on many older games (Alice, Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age's, Mass Effect 1 and 2, etc) and also works on some DLC.

It also works on the 800 Bioware Point pack (for Dragon Age, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 content), but not the 1600 point pack

Credit to Neogaf, as that is where I saw it mentioned first. It was also mentioned in this end of thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306290&highlight=origin

Hot deal, especially for those Bioware points which I've never seen go on sale. I picked up Dragon Age 2 and 2400 points. I didn't see a way to get multiples of the points in one order, so I placed separate orders.

[quote name='pROvIs']I bought three sets of bioware points. Thanks op. I wonder if i should buy more for old republic, hmm.[/QUOTE]

Do you think they will be usable with The Old Republic?

[quote name='soychulo']Do you think they will be usable with The Old Republic?[/QUOTE]

My guess is yes but who knows. The very fact that the game doesn't require origin would mean to mean that it is more than likely.

Picked up Mirror's Edge Time Trials Pack which, coincidentally, I'd decided I was going to buy today, and Bulletstorm.

Awesomeawesomeawesome deal, thanks OP.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Picked up Mirror's Edge Time Trials Pack which, coincidentally, I'd decided I was going to buy today, and Bulletstorm.

Awesomeawesomeawesome deal, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

OK, kinda pissed right now. I fire up Mirror's Edge, go to time trial maps, and get this error:

'Could not connect to EA servers. Make sure you're connected to the internet'

No big deal, I've never been a leaderboard junky. Hit OK. Get spit out at main menu. What the flying fuck? Why do I need to be connected to the internet to play the DLC I just bought?

[quote name='Insoluble25x']Question: Does the code affect multiple items within the cart?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if they're eligible

darn you, OP... I was so prepared to boycott Origin for the rest of my life until I saw this post. now I have to download it just to load up on Bioware Points for SWTOR.

Hmm added Darkspore to my cart and added the code and it's down to $8. Not bad. Need to think if there's any other EA game I'd rather have in that price range...

Thanks for the headups! Will probably just grab the Bioware points although there aren't currently any DLCs that I want. I already bought most of the ME2 DLC :(

Yay phun bucks!

[quote name='IronSerif']Hmm added Darkspore to my cart and added the code and it's down to $8. Not bad. Need to think if there's any other EA game I'd rather have in that price range...[/QUOTE]

Bulletstorm, pick up Bulletstorm.

Picked up Crysis 2 for $16.

Thanks for the tip man. got 2 games normally $30 each for $19.08 after tax.

i am not sure why but it kept taking an extra 1/3 off my cart.

Got a bunch of stuff - Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Dragon Age 2, Shift 2, Spore, and a bunch of BW points (for ME2 and DA2 DLC).

Dammit! And here I thought my buying was over until black Friday, but I think this might be just way to tempting especially for the Bioware points. I have been wanting to get ME2's dlc for while now.

[quote name='warreni']Can someone verify that the code can be used more than once? I'd definitely like to get at least two 800BW packs.[/QUOTE]

It can. I've used it for three separate orders.

(Although I don't know when the code expires.)

[quote name='Callandor']It can. I've used it for three separate orders.

(Although I don't know when the code expires.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='warreni']Can someone verify that the code can be used more than once? I'd definitely like to get at least two 800BW packs.[/QUOTE]

You can only use it on one set of points per purchase, but you can use the code on as many separate purchases as you want. So far I've bought six sets of 800pts.

FINALLY, a sale on Bioware Points. Hello, 60% off Mass Effect 2 DLC! Now I can play your game.

Sorry, Batman, I'll probably be playing Mass Effect 2 when you finally get around to putting your game out on PC.

[quote name='j-cart']Bulletstorm, pick up Bulletstorm.

Picked up Crysis 2 for $16.[/QUOTE]

Hmm Bulletstorm, and I'll definitely consider that too.

How about any of the sims games? I think Medieval is down to $12. Any thoughts on Spore?

did bioware ever say anything about the me2 dlc stuff transferring to me3? I already have all the me2 dlc on 360, don't want to rebuy it if it won't enhance me3 lol

...but I might buy it anyway. Damn you biowareeeeeee

[quote name='DANIEL']dumb question... this is only for PC games, right?[/QUOTE]

this deal can only be redeemed through Origin's client so it's PC downloads only just like steam.

[quote name='DANIEL']dumb question... this is only for PC games, right?[/QUOTE]
Yea, the origin client is a pc software that plays pc game similarly to Steam, so you won't see xbox 360 or ps3 games being sold there,
however EA's online store is apparently Origin as well and you can find xbox 360 games and PS3 games there but the OP states that it is only valid through the origin client

In terms of Bioware DLC, I would say the ones worth purchasing are:

ME 2- Lair of the Shadowbroker and Kasumi's Stolen Memory (extra character and her flash grenades and the SMG you find in the vault are MUST-HAVES for playing the game on Insanity or Hardcore.)

I know CheapyD loves Overlord but I found it kinda dull. It's worth buying on sale but for now (there are some rumblings that it MIGHT be taken into account in ME 3) but it's not as good as Lair and doesn't have the perks of Kasumi minus getting more XP. The Arrival is downright disappointing and pointless since the game is going to tell you what happened in the first few minutes and there's even a Dark Horse comic if you can't wait that long. No matter if you do that DLC or not, EVERY single Shepard story in ME 3 will have what happens in Arrival happen. I paid $7 for it and feel swindled and disappointed, almost as bad as Witch Hunt for DA: Origins.

DA 2- Both Legacy and Mark of the Assassin are awesome, but you probably want to play them post-game as they are fairly difficult and you need access to the potions you can throw to revive your party members. Also the sets of armor you can find in them scale to your level but only when you play the DLC so if you play them post-game they are the best sets in the game but if you do it during your main playthrough the set you get in Act 3 (Champion set) will be better.

Hey, is anybody having problems getting Origin to accept Paypal? I'm getting a weird message about only being able to check out with Paypal if I'm paying in Euros--I live in Louisiana.

[quote name='Hrothgar']Wait, are you saying the code works on Bioware 800 pt packs, but doesn't work on 1600 pt packs?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Awesome deal, got a second copy of Darkspore to play with the life, she finally got Spore Galactic Adventures, and decided to get Sims Medieval and its expansion.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']So what are the odds that ME3 uses the same horrible Bioware points system? I know Dragon Age 2 did, but that was before Origin launched wasn't it?[/QUOTE]

DA1 and ME2 also used it so I'd say very likely

besides Origin isn't that new, it just replaced the EA Download Manager which worked similarly (though not as well)

[quote name='brettsp']Shift 2 worth 8 dollars? I've heard mixed things about it[/QUOTE]

I have it. My dad and I race each other on it weekly. It's a beautiful looking racer that mixes sim and arcade in the right way. 8 bucks won't be a waste of money.

Debating on getting The Sims 3. Haven't played the Sims in a while (since the 2nd when it came out), but wondering if I should wait for a better deal. Has this been the cheapest the game has reached so far?

[quote name='nflsonic']Debating on getting The Sims 3. Haven't played the Sims in a while (since the 2nd when it came out), but wondering if I should wait for a better deal. Has this been the cheapest the game has reached so far?[/QUOTE]

Last year around this time (perhaps closer to x-mas), there was promotion to "buy two EA games, and get both for 50% off." The Sims 3 was already discounted to $20 at the time, but it qualified for this buy-2 promotion, making it $10 in the cart if you bought another title with it. $12 is pretty close to that, especially with no obligation to buy anything else.

With holiday sales coming up, I wouldn't necessarily say this is the lowest price you'll see within the next few months for The Sims 3, but it is the lowest it has been for most of the year (it only recently dropped to $30 retail, iirc).

I wonder if Steam will put games on sale to these prices...

Bulletstorm for $8 is tempting even though I don't have time for it right now. Does anyone know what BioWare points would do in Old Republic? Like would they be able to be used for a subscription cost?

[quote name='MSUHitman']
ME 2- Lair of the Shadowbroker and Kasumi's Stolen Memory (extra character and her flash grenades and the SMG you find in the vault are MUST-HAVES for playing the game on Insanity or Hardcore.)
[/QUOTE]

I don't see the ME2 DLC for sale on the Origin client.

Since the Bioware DLC store absolutely hates putting stuff on sale, this seems like a very rare opportunity to get some cheap DLC for ME2. I already bought Lair of the Shadow Broker before, but I'll probably pick up Kasumi and Overlord now. Arrival looks a bit tempting since it seems like it should be plot relevant for ME3, but all the impressions for it have been rather meh. Think I may be better off saving those points for some ME3 DLC.

[quote name='woodcan']I don't see the ME2 DLC for sale on the Origin client.[/QUOTE]

The DLC isn't on sale directly, just the 800 Bioware points (they also sell 1600 points on Origin, but this wasn't working with the coupon for some reason).

Also worth noting, make sure you buy the points on Origin with the same email address as your Bioware account that you have ME2, Cerberus/online pass thingy, and other DLC registered to. Bit of a hassle from my experience to get their customer support to transfer points from different accounts.

Picked up Darkspore and Dead Space 2, because why not. May grab some points for the essential ME2 stuff.

Today's been a good day for digital games; between this, OnLive, and Steam, I have 5 new games that came out this calendar year for under $30.

bread's done
Back