EA Origin Cyber Monday Now Live

If you do a purchase of $30, EA will send you a $10 off code for its December sale. If your order is over $39.99, you get free shipping.

free shipping on orders of 39.98 or more (basically 2 19.99 games). this has been up since 12:01 am fri morning. already picked up mass effect 2, alice, and portal 2 for $54 shipped (includes tax)

I want to buy Family Game Night 4 but I have nothing to pair it with.

Anybody local to Riverside/San Bernardino area want to go in on one game each?

[quote name='technicalstylez']free shipping on orders of 39.98 or more (basically 2 19.99 games). this has been up since 12:01 am fri morning. already picked up mass effect 2, alice, and portal 2 for $54 shipped (includes tax)[/QUOTE]

I remember looking on Saturday and the deals were off, so I checked back today. And yeah free shipping on orders of 39.98 and up.

Same deals they ran the other day. Some god ones to be had. The other day it was free shipping on orders over 39.98, I believe.

[quote name='skiizim']I want to buy Family Game Night 4 but I have nothing to pair it with.

Anybody local to Riverside/San Bernardino area want to go in on one game each?[/QUOTE]

I would say that Family Game 2 pack (the one that has 2 and 3) or Monopoly Streets.

If I still lived in Cali, I would join.

Edit: Interesting. They don't carry Monopoly Streets anymore? They used to when it was offered during those EA Flash Sales on Facebook.

I would get sotd and alice but i have a feeling both will either drop in msrp by january or be apart of another epic ea 50% off with free shipping sale like earlier this year. If they drop in msrp and they have another 50% off sale after that happens i would love it !

I get them not letting me have free shipping with a $9.99 copy of ME2, but I really wish free shipping came at a lower price than $40. Or that shipping wasn't disgustingly expensive. I've shipped law school textbooks for less!

I'm thinking about picking up the Sims 3, but I already bought it through Steam. Does anybody know if I can just activate the copy I bought on Steam on Origin?

with no free shipping it makes the deal useless. mass effect 2 is 10 bucks but it negates the savings since the shipping is 8 bucks.

[quote name='Ronin187']I think you get 10-15% off on Origin purchases if your bday is coming up.[/QUOTE]

I got a 25% off coupon for my b-day yesterday.

[quote name='Doomtime']Crysis 2 for $10 on PC is a really good deal.[/QUOTE]Ugh, that's my bite point, but I'm so backlogged. If this was on Steam, I know it'd eventually get cheaper, but as an Origin exclusive, I doubt it will get much cheaper soon. In deference to my backlog, I'm going to pass for now.

In for Shadows of the Damned and Alice: Madness Returns on the PS3.

Alice comes with a code to download the original game for free, does it not?

Had to buy The Sims 3: Pets or whatever for a Christmas gift. I wish I waited for this deal since it's $19.99 on PC. Paid $29.99 on Amazon and it's too late to cancel, as I put in a request and Amazon contacted me 30 minutes later saying they couldn't do it.

I'd love to snag Mass Effect 2 for $9.99, but I just can't justify the insane shipping cost or (even though these prices are awesome) snagging another $30 worth of games.

The two hasbro family game night games for $45 and the $10 Crysis 2 for pc...sold!

Guys, Sims Midieval is $10 for download, thats the base game, the expansion is still $15 though. Edit, the deluxe pack includes both base game and expansion is available for $20. My wife loves this game.

I'd get a bunch more stuff if I didn't already have most of it :) Good deals.

Edit, Yes I just got Alice Prior to this at Best Buy, but either way, good deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
YMMV I inquired with EA's customer service via the chat option on Origin to check on my Battlefield 3 order from BF & to find out about merging my multiple EA accounts. Due to my inconvenience, the online rep provided a 20% discount code for my 'trouble'.

This code did work on my purchase of Alice & FIFA 12. Wound up getting both for $39.99+tax with Free Shipping. No complaints here :D

So I'm trying to use the code I received for my Bday so I can get 25% off Battlefield 3, but it isn't working. Anyone have a clue why? D:

[quote name='FactionG']I kind of sort of want to get Alice and SOTD for PS3 but I don't know...[/QUOTE]

Same...if it was $5 cheaper my brain would turn off and automatically buy it, but the reality is seeing it close to 20 makes me hesitant.

[quote name='Doomtime']Crysis 2 for $10 on PC is a really good deal.[/QUOTE]

Agreed and with DX11 support now, makes the game better just for waiting!

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']For anybody wanting Alice that doesn't want to pay shipping, Best Buy has it for $20.[/QUOTE]

Will the best buy copies (PS3) include the download code for the original Alice game?

If Alice had the first game on disc instead of a voucher I'd bite along with Shadows of the Damned to get free shipping, but not taking a chance.

Thanks OP. Ordered a game on Black Friday and asked about shipping details which took a long time. From that I got a 20% off coupon on my next order. Used that to get NCAA 12, Skate 3, Tiger Woods 12 and NHL 12 for $78 including tax and free shipping.

[quote name='The End']I'm thinking about picking up the Sims 3, but I already bought it through Steam. Does anybody know if I can just activate the copy I bought on Steam on Origin?[/QUOTE]

What's stopping you from trying and finding out for yourself?

Some decent deals there, just picked up Army of Two, Orange Box, Dragon Age Ultimate Edition, and Dante's Inferno. Thanks for the heads up on this deal.

[quote name='foreinter']If you do a purchase of $30, EA will send you a $10 off code for its December sale. If your order is over $39.99, you get free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Hmm..I could be wrong but I think the deal is a 10 off 30 coupon (valid in Dec) for ANY purchase this month.

[quote name='dark-star']Hmm..I could be wrong but I think the deal is a 10 off 30 coupon (valid in Dec) for ANY purchase this month.[/QUOTE]

Yeap that is right.. According to the website, it says make any purchase and you will recieve a $10 promotional discount toward any purchase $30 or more.

Guys, be careful of Arkham City for PC. It totally doesn't work well at all on DX 11. Even DX 9 has a few problems and not to mention the lost save files.

[quote name='Roguestriker']Guys, be careful of Arkham City for PC. It totally doesn't work well at all on DX 11. Even DX 9 has a few problems and not to mention the lost save files.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully, you can turn off the DX11 features. My game was horribly choppy prior to that, but disabling that made the game run flawlessly. Haven't run into the lost save issues yet, and hopefully won't. *knocks on wood*

[quote name='Cantatus']Thankfully, you can turn off the DX11 features. My game was horribly choppy prior to that, but disabling that made the game run flawlessly. Haven't run into the lost save issues yet, and hopefully won't. *knocks on wood*[/QUOTE]
Yeah, turn off the DX11 features in the launcher.
Game runs great here w/ DX9.0 settings.

I ain't run into lost saves issue, either...

Well G4WL ever fix the lost saves issue? [shrug]

Also worth noting - once installed and whatnot, you do NOT have to run Origin to run the game.

[quote name='Roguestriker']Guys, be careful of Arkham City for PC. It totally doesn't work well at all on DX 11. Even DX 9 has a few problems and not to mention the lost save files.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I just got through the game, and while I think it's an awesome awesome awesome game worth $25, it's riddled (pun intended) with PC issues. The garbage DX11, save issues, GFWL, and crashes make this a 'wait for the patch' kind of game. But if you're on the edge of your seat for some Batman goodness, go for it. I loved it.

[quote name='Fabrizo']If Alice had the first game on disc instead of a voucher I'd bite along with Shadows of the Damned to get free shipping, but not taking a chance.[/QUOTE]

Taking a chance on what? It's basically an online pass with the game, so you're definitely getting it with Madness Returns.

[quote name='Cantatus']Thankfully, you can turn off the DX11 features. My game was horribly choppy prior to that, but disabling that made the game run flawlessly. Haven't run into the lost save issues yet, and hopefully won't. *knocks on wood*[/QUOTE]

Ah, scratch that, while I haven't lost saves, I have frequently lost progress. I'm right now having to redo a mission turn in and pick up a Riddler trophy, both of which supposedly saved before I quit.

Despite what a fantastic game this is, it's a shame that there is little evidence they used that extra month and a half delay to make the PC launch as good as it could be. Why there is no option to manually save is beyond me.

Bastion is also $7.50 on Origin. May wait on that for steam or XBLA (Terrible sale on XBLA by the way ...hoarding points for nothing they better come hard for after X-MAS). I think Crysis 2 will be my only pickup.

bread's done
Back