EA Price Drops Soon (Also a Heads up to use your $15 off codes at the EA Store)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
From Dealrush.com

Effective Monday, May 2nd, Electronic Arts will be dropping the prices on the following titles...

Def Jam Fight for New York (All systems) - $19.99
Lord of the Rings 3rd Age (All systems) - $19.99
NCAA Football 2005 (All systems) - $29.99
NFL Street Vol. 2 (All systems) - $29.99
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (Xbox) - $29.99
Goldeneye Rogue Agent (All systems) - $19.99
The Urbz: Sims in the City (All systems) - $19.99

The new prices should then be effective at all retailers within a few days.

Edit: NCAA is most likely going to be $19.99 instead of $29.99. Also, (All systems) might not include the handheld prices for the games dropping in price.

If you still have your EA Store Newsletter $15 off Coupon Code from February, they expire on May 31st.

EA online store still hasn't dropped their prices yet, what gives? LotR Third Age still shows $29.95, and Oddworld shows $49.95.

Yeah, EA lags with dropping the prices at their own store. Hopefully they'll drop them before the coupons expire.

[quote name='wubb']Yeah, EA lags with dropping the prices at their own store. Hopefully they'll drop them before the coupons expire.[/QUOTE]

They are probably waiting UNTIL the coupons expire to drop the price.

I wouldn't go that far. I think they've always waited to drop the price at their own store after a price drop is rolled out everywhere else. (I remember there being a lag back when I had other coupons to use last year.) I would've been surprised if they had lowered them already as I think the Universal drops just took effect like a day ago according to the OP.

Def Jam Fight for New York (All systems) - $19.99
Lord of the Rings 3rd Age (All systems) - $19.99
NCAA Football 2005 (All systems) - $29.99
NFL Street Vol. 2 (All systems) - $29.99
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (Xbox) - $29.99
Goldeneye Rogue Agent (All systems) - $19.99
The Urbz: Sims in the City (All systems) - $19.99

All games dropped on Gamestop.com.

[quote name='wubb']I wouldn't go that far. I think they've always waited to drop the price at their own store after a price drop is rolled out everywhere else. (I remember there being a lag back when I had other coupons to use last year.) I would've been surprised if they had lowered them already as I think the Universal drops just took effect like a day ago according to the OP.[/QUOTE]

I would, though that's because I'm the permanent cynic.

I figure $11 shipped for the Urbz is about all I'd like to pay for it.

G:RA I picked up from Overstock for $16, LOTR:3A was a old purchase from TRU during B2G1, FFNY was during the $35 price mistake from their launch ($25 shipped after EA code), already have NFL Street 1 and no one's told me why I should get v. 2, already have Oddworld:SW (thank you Scorch), and not going to get NCAA Football 2005.

[quote name='wubb']I wouldn't go that far. I think they've always waited to drop the price at their own store after a price drop is rolled out everywhere else. (I remember there being a lag back when I had other coupons to use last year.) I would've been surprised if they had lowered them already as I think the Universal drops just took effect like a day ago according to the OP.[/QUOTE]

I agree, as I have viewed the pricing habits of their online store in the past. Their online store takes a little while to update to the new prices, but they will for sure drop by the end of the month. I'd give them 2 more weeks at the latest but they will most likely drop by the end of this week at their site.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']All games dropped on ebgames.com as well as bestbuy.com.

Time to use the GGC. :D[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for the preplayed prices to change at EB...

[quote name='cruzincontrol']I was waiting to see if TW 2005 was among these drops...oh well........I have to decide between Golden Eye Rogue Agent or LOTR.....Is LOTr more action hack and slash oriented or more of a rpg??[/QUOTE]

It's an RPG, closest thing that you can compare with it is FFX because of the turn system. Havent beaten the game yet but from I what played (I'm right before Helm's Deep), it's a pretty good RPG for $20. Just dont expect a deep story or good character development.

I was looking at the back of a GGC last week and it mentioned the prices now need to be 29.99 for game to use it on....has anyone else seen this?

[quote name='mattatskul']I was looking at the back of a GGC last week and it mentioned the prices now need to be 29.99 for game to use it on....has anyone else seen this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have seen them. The $19.99 GGC's are still around, however. :)

bread's done
Back