EA Sports Active 2 - $60 at Walmart

WOW! $40 off so fast. Thanks for the tip!

Personally, I couldn't stay with Wii Fit Plus since it didn't get my heart rate up for long periods of time. The workouts were pretty cool, but they felt like minigames that were very physical.

I did EA Sports Active (3 months) and EA Sports Active More Workouts (2 months) and I liked them. "More Workouts" did more with abs as well as other stuff. I felt my stamina improve when I was on the program - it was pretty cool.

I have EA Sports 2 in a box (Xbox version) and I haven't opened it yet. Amazon got my money since they offered some great deals, but not as good as $40 off!

I tried two local Wal Mart stores, both still rang up at $99.99 and they wouldn't honor the online price. Finally drove down the street and had Best Buy price match. Not bad for $63. Thanks for the heads up. :applause:

[quote name='Lord_Zath']OOS for 360 now.

Varanus - did you print out a screenshot of the website to get BB to PM?[/QUOTE]

No, but that should be fine depending on how anal the BB customer service people are in your area. They are generally pretty good where I live.

I have a Droid, so I pulled it up and showed it to her on my phone. Loves me some smart phones. ;)

BB employees can verify online price matches if they aren't lazy. If the customer service people won't do it walk around and find a supervisor/manager and they will.

I was looking into this product before I picked up Wii Fit Plus on Amazon on BF. I guess I'll continue to give it a try while keeping on the lookout for a deal for EASA2 in the future.

[quote name='rvdrock']Remember 360 is KINECT only...[/QUOTE]

And the worst version due to ganky tracking and less exercises.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']so best version is... ps3?[/QUOTE]

The general consensus from what I have been reading is that yes, PS3 is the best version. Fairly accurate, and nothing to hold in your hands, so you can use your own weights (really is a blessing since the packaged bands are just crap).

The 360 version is just janky because of Kinect having tracking issues. Disappointing for me because I wanted this version the most since it seemed to be the easiest to setup and looked like the most accurate.

The Wii...well, it's pretty solid, especially since you no longer use the annoying Nunchuk+Wii remote combo AND you don't use the Wii remote itself much either. However, it seems that in the Wii version, you constantly (well, every 5 minutes or so, just like in the previous versions) have to hit "A" or just move the controller so that it doesn't disconnect itself, thus bringing up annoying pop up messages.

Damn, I just ordered this from GameStop for $70 yesterday. Well, I guess that's fine since I wanted the PS3 version and it's currently OOS on the Walmart website. It might be too much trouble to have Bestbuy match the website and have them match an item that is OOS. Still, after black friday and cyber monday sales, I would've wanted to save that $10.

[quote name='mr_bungle']The Kinect is having issues? It works pretty well with the other games I've played with it. That's weird.[/QUOTE]
it's not really weird at all. the Kinect tracks really well, but how well it tracks in a game depends on the game itself. kinda like how Dance Central and Kinect Sports got great reviews, and other games (and by other games, i mean pretty much every other game except Fitness Evolved) got horrible reviews...

[quote name='mr_bungle']The Kinect is having issues? It works pretty well with the other games I've played with it. That's weird.[/QUOTE]

This is not just standing there waving your arms and legs, the only thing Kinect can do somewhat well.

If you do have a Kinect just get Your Shape...I have it and even when it has "issues" there are no issues. Plus from what I've seen the actual exercises are better...

Regardless the fact that it's dropping so quick everywhere is not a good sign. The reviews I've seen (even for the Kinect version) are about the same as Your Shape but I don't know seems wacky. Generally stuff just doesn't drop this quick all around.

[quote name='mkelehan']...where it costs $60. :)[/QUOTE]

:p you just wished they sold it not sold it at a reasonable price.

Personally I think the xbox versions should be cheaper as they don't have as much hardware.

Hadn't noticed, thanks for the info.
I can't get directly to the store part of the website because of the localization we get in PR.

It's probably better to get two sets from Walmart. I'll try to find out how much the TIV for the game alone is at Gamestop, and if they even take it like that.

[quote name='joseraul']I'll try to find out how much the TIV for the game alone is at Gamestop, and if they even take it like that.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine they would, since it requires all of the accessories.

bread's done
Back