EA Sports Active

I think it would be difficult to use dumbells. EASA requires you to hold the remote and nunchucks while doing strength exercises (and the way they are oriented at various point in the exercise matters so you can't just hook it somewhere).

Let us know how it works out for you.

Hows everyone doing with EASA?

I finished my medium level 30 days challenge yesterday. It was fun. Was not too hard after the initial shock and combined this with indoor bike and a more restricted calorie diet, I have lost some weight and more importantly, some muscle tone since there are certainly muscle groups that I normally don't work out because they are a pain in the butt... but with EASA, I did everything asked whether I like it or not so there are definitely improvements with muscle toning.

I started another 30 days today, this time at hard... man, it kicked my butt again. Calories burned: 323, time: 29:51, Exercises: 18/18

Man... I didn't have trouble with inline skating before, but on hard, it hurts so bad... and fast kickback even for short distance hurts. I can't wait till it string one of those squat, jump lunges, squat hold, squat jump deal... ;/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've really only been doing the upper body strength and toning workout a couple of days a week, but that's because I run on my treadmill twice a week and had been playing basketball twice a week. Even with using EASA only twice a week (for about 3-4 weeks), I've definitely seen a difference in my upper body. However, I'm cutting back to only playing ball once a week, and I'm now going to do my workouts/exercises in the morning before I go to work. I think I'm going to start the 30 days challenge on hard in a couple of days.

I've been using this for about a month or so now. It's by far the most intense workout game on the Wii that I have (Wii Fit, My Fitness Coach which I never got around to using, and Gold's Gym). I had gotten down to a large shirt size and 38 waist awhile ago and bought some clothes in August from using the other games. But since I started using this 3-5 days/week, those shirts and pants are already getting too big. At this rate, I'm going to be broke from having to continually buy new clothes (hey not a bad thing considering in 2008 when I started working out using the PS2's Eye Toy Kinetic, I was a size 42 waist and up to XXL in shirt size and my back was always hurting due to the excess weight). But is there a cheapassclothing site anywhere?

So it definitely works and I still want to lose about another 30 lbs or so in the next 6 months or so. You will want to invest in stronger resistance bands to get the most out of it.

Sorry to bump thisvery old thread, but I just bought this game from gamestop $30 seemed like a decent enough risk. Also picked up golds gym cardio earlier for $10 from amazon. Are people still using these games. I dont have any expectations on this replacing a legit workout plan or gym routine. But it should be fun for quick workouts at home to supplement at already existing exercise plan. Has anyone picked up the ea active more workouts newer version. I've read some issues with the EA active accesory kit. Poor quality of the leg strap/resistance band. Luckily i have stronger resistance bands from my p90x workouts, any better leg strap alternatives?

I have EA Sports Active: More Workouts and it is really good. It includes ab exercises which were not included in the first one, plus a warm up and cool down "station" with stretches.

My original set of resistance bands broke long ago, so I replaced them with heavier duty ones which gives an even better work out.

There shouldn't be any problem with the leg strap... mine still works just fine and I got the original game the week it came out (and have used it regularly).

[quote name='mickeyp']I picked this up also I will try it out next week.[/QUOTE]

You should start on EASY unless you're somewhat fit and stay active. I started on medium setting and it nearly killed me during first few days and it took almost the entire first 30 days to get used to it. Moving up to hard was like starting at medium again. :D

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Where did you get the resistance bands from?[/QUOTE]

There should be some at your local sporting good stores.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Where did you get the resistance bands from?[/QUOTE]

I got mine from Target. They're not the greatest ever but there are much better than the ones packed in with the game, so they get the job done.

[quote name='laaj']You should start on EASY unless you're somewhat fit and stay active. I started on medium setting and it nearly killed me during first few days and it took almost the entire first 30 days to get used to it. Moving up to hard was like starting at medium again. :D

There should be some at your local sporting good stores.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I didn't know if they hooked into the Wii controller or were somehow special for the game.

I already bought the ea active bundle recently, but i see the more workouts version for $29.99 at BestBuy. I have some giftcards to use so i'm wondering if i should get more workouts, wii sports resort , or New SMB.
I just started the original ea active, so not sure if would make sense to immediately buy the new version
Honestly, the ea accessories are terrible quality, especially the bands.

bread's done
Back