EA Sports MMA - $9.99 w/Free Shipping @ Newegg

Great game for $10. I played UFC 2009, but I wasn't really into it and only played for a few hours. I like this game a lot better. Controls are easier, loading times are shorter. It does suck that it doesn't have all the UFC fighters and branding, but its still fun.

Really enjoyed this more than the 2 UFC games.

NAIL'D is back from NewEgg @ 8.99

Wish BLOOD DRIVE would return, but alas.

This game exceeded my expectations when I got it from Gamefly a few months back. Anyone on the fence about it, go after it. I might even pick it up at that price...

I rented this a while back and wouldn't recommend it. More time loading than fighting and the fighting wasn't very interesting.

It looks like the 360 version is sold out.

Shame, game is excellent. As a huge MMA fan, I thought this game was much more realistic and more fun than the UFC series. The punches/kicks had weight to them, and the submission system was fun and not completely broken like it is in UFC 2010. Plus, the character creator in the game will just about allow you to make any UFC fighter who's not in the game.

Load times are bad, however.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Grabbed a copy shortly before lunch break. I've heard it is better than the UFC games, so thought I would grab it. I need to check out a list of fighters on Wiki real quick, because I didn't follow the game too well before launch. I only remember a handful of the guys in the game.

great price....will only buy ea games at a steal because of the bs $14 online pass they charge you when you buy used....

Great game. Shame UFC is so angry at EA for some reason and so EA has to grab whatever other talent they can. EA MMA is a damn fine, underrated game.

My only problem is the full mount feels weak as heck. The AI is cheesy. And the new updates only apply to Fight Now, not Career mode.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Great game. Shame UFC is so angry at EA for some reason and so EA has to grab whatever other talent they can. EA MMA is a damn fine, underrated game.

My only problem is the full mount feels weak as heck. The AI is cheesy. And the new updates only apply to Fight Now, not Career mode.[/QUOTE]

Dana White is PO'd cuz he tried to get EA Sports to make a UFC game for years, and he said that EA said that "MMA wasn't a sport now go away while we make Rugby, Cricket, and Arena football games."

That's just business. If he takes that sort of thing so personally, then he's not one for the business world. EA probably would have been happy to work with him now that MMA has picked up, but it's hit the high water mark and surged back a bit on popularity.

It's a shame he's throwing such a huge mantrum. EA's approach to MMA was a lot better, in my opinion, than UFC Undisputed's work. It could have still used work, especially where the AI is concerned but was still solid.

I remember when I first tried the demo. I played on the hardest difficulty and you literally can win in under 30 seconds by just spamming punches. I saw this game for $20 and I was like okay, maybe the full game addressed that issue and since I liked the roster, I bought it. BIGGEST WASTE OF TWENTY DOLLARS EVER. The only people that like this game are the people that didn't take the time to learn ufc's system and/or automatically like a game they are good at. You can blast through the career mode just spamming punches and winning in under 30 seconds each time. This game is garbage. Don't believe me? Download the demo and try it.

[quote name='tim44']I rented this a while back and wouldn't recommend it. More time loading than fighting and the fighting wasn't very interesting.[/QUOTE]

You may be thinking of the UFC title that spends 3 minutes loading after each menu. The EA game is very quick to load and the fights are actually fun (and not tedious like the UFC games).

Shame its out of stock though.

Too bad another EA MMA game probably won't get made since UFC now owns Strikeforce (the promotion in the EA MMA game).

If they combined the UFC Undisputed Striking system + EA MMA grappling system the result would be a much better MMA game.

bread's done
Back