EA Sports NBA Jam - Releasing October 5th

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Sleep easier pretending. Wii can't have good games obviously with some of you guys.[/QUOTE]

No one wants to deny wii of games. And this game is coming to PS3/360. EA employee has stated its just timed exclusive on the wii. So take a chill pill. Ill check this out while i wait on the real deal on PS3.

For someone who hates the Wii and loves his PS3, you sure spend a lot of time in the Wii forum.
I've read your post history. It's not very surprising. It's pretty much GameFAQs level console warrior-ism.

Oh come now. B6 is just an animated young-un. I'm not entirely certain why he is convinced that picking this up on the 360 or PS3 would make a difference given the art direction of the title, but hey he has his reputation to protect.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']For someone who hates the Wii and loves his PS3, you sure spend a lot of time in the Wii forum.
I've read your post history. It's not very surprising. It's pretty much GameFAQs level console warrior-ism.[/QUOTE]

I am a gamer and go where the games are, which is why i own every single platform out. Just because i don't automatically kiss the feet of anything nintendo puts out, doesn't mean i cannot enjoy their games, or critique them. And really, if you think its odd for someone who owns all consoles to want a game on a HD platform instead of the wii is being a console warrior, then you are living in a twisted reality.

I'd rather have the game on PS3/360 for a better online mode. If it does come to those systems (and the game's good) I'll buy it. I'm buying the Wii version too. I really hope it turns out to be fun.

[URL="kotaku.com/5462939/nba-jam-screens-are-on-fire-sorry/]More Screens[/URL] still no trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is a Wii exclusive I will buy it on that, if it's not I may get it on 360 or PS3 but it depends how much later those systems get the game. If this game ends up being a truly worthy NBA Jam I will have to get it whenever it's first available, I won't be able to wait!

I dunno about the heads of the players... the shots in Nintendo Power made it seem like it would work and it would be a good style. But, now this trailer... maybe I'm imagining it, but it just seems cheap looking and ridiculous. The rest of the trailer impressed me! Won't pay 50 for it, of course, but we'll have to see how much they charge.

The trailer is down ... er not on fire any more. I was going to send it on to my brothers because we played some serious NBA Jam tournament edition in the mid-90s.

I was very happy to hear the wii version has no online. The target audience thats into wiifit and wii sports doesn't need online, no need to waste time and resources for it.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I was very happy to hear the wii version has no online. The target audience thats into wiifit and wii sports doesn't need online, no need to waste time and resources for it.[/QUOTE]

True, but a few EA games have online play (Tiger Woods, FIFA). There's no reason why they couldn't implement it, considering the Wii version is supposed to be the "definitive" version.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']True, but a few EA games have online play (Tiger Woods, FIFA). There's no reason why they couldn't implement it, considering the Wii version is supposed to be the "definitive" version.[/QUOTE]

No game on the wii will ever be the definitive version, ever.

I played this at PAX it was great just as much fun as you remember and more. bringing the wiimote up to jump and then down to slam is best use of the wiimote ever and adds to the BOOM SHAKA LAKA.

I've had this preordered on Amazon for a while and I must say I was very impressed when I saw the rosters for the teams. The fact that some teams have 4 players is awesome and they got some awesome legends as well. With this and the new Donkey Kong Country games I will be playing my Wii a lot in the next few months.

[quote name='blitz6speed']No game on the wii will ever be the definitive version, ever.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....yes...Cool story troll. :roll:

I'm quite shocked this doesn't have online too, but if I remember correctly...they only had 2 people working on it (note, this is the big and rich EA). I find it funny how the demo and the actual version both have things missing so if you wanted the full experience, you are going to have to buy both. I'll pick it up at the bargain bin though, $15 seems worth it.

[quote name='blitz6speed']No game on the wii will ever be the definitive version, ever.[/QUOTE]

This is a true statement.......except I believe the remix tour mode is only going to be on the Wii version. That would make it as close as possible to being the "definitive" version.

[quote name='bg88']This is a true statement.......except I believe the remix tour mode is only going to be on the Wii version. That would make it as close as possible to being the "definitive" version.[/QUOTE]

It will be DLC on the PSN/XBLA version. Guaranteed. Only suckers or people with a wii only will be purchasing the wii version of the game.

[quote name='blitz6speed']It will be DLC on the PSN/XBLA version. Guaranteed. Only suckers or people with a wii only will be purchasing the wii version of the game.[/QUOTE]

Unless my memory is pretty terrible as of now, NBA Jam is only coming to 360 and PS3 by inclusion with NBA Elite. So if you want to buy NBA Elite to play NBA Jam minus the Remix Tour Mode be my guest.

I own all 3 current consoles. Myself and many others will just go ahead and be "suckers" and buy the more complete game on the Wii.

[quote name='bg88']Unless my memory is pretty terrible as of now, NBA Jam is only coming to 360 and PS3 by inclusion with NBA Elite. So if you want to buy NBA Elite to play NBA Jam minus the Remix Tour Mode be my guest.

I own all 3 current consoles. Myself and many others will just go ahead and be "suckers" and buy the more complete game on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

No one is putting a gun to your head to buy the superior version (psn/xbla). And NBA Jam will be on the market at some point as a normal download, this is guaranteed. Don't be dense, they arent going to leave it as a disc exclusive forever.

I'm not really sure I understand why you are trolling in here like you are. I'm assuming that you do not own a Wii.....and you are just acting like this out of self reassurance.

You just keep saying stuff like you guarantee that the Remix Tour Mode will be in the "superior" version as DLC and you guarantee this "superior" version will be sold standalone at some point......with absolutely nothing to back any of this up. You even said earlier that you are glad that the Wii version doesn't have online play.

I really just don't understand why you are in this thread. You are calling us suckers and basically belittling those of us who are excited about this game.

Again, only reason to get wii version is because you only own a Wii. I own a wii. You'd have to pay me ~150 bucks to even play the wii version. I'll be purchasing the ps3 one however.

Hmm.....depending on when the 360/PS3 versions come out I might be able to hold off a little bit to get one of those versions. If those versions don't get the Remix Tour Mode then I will just get it for the Wii.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Again, only reason to get wii version is because you only own a Wii. I own a wii. You'd have to pay me ~150 bucks to even play the wii version. I'll be purchasing the ps3 one however.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha.... See, this is why I love kiddie gamer trolls. They always make the move from opinionated to foolish to downright stupid given enough time.

I'm a bit surprised to see how far EA has backtracked from their original claims about the game being a Wii exclusive. Sure, we all know that "exclusive" doesn't mean jack at this point unless it's made by a first-party development team... but at this point, the Wii version of NBA Jam is looking like a watered down port instead of an exclusive title.

Luckily Wii owners aren't losing out on much. Their version does release earlier, most likely at a lower price, and will be just as much fun as the other versions if you've got several friends in the same room - which is the only way I want to play NBA Jam anyway.

If you are such a gaming snob that you can't have fun with NBA Jam in any form, then that's your problem.

blitz's thumb is no doubt red from all the sucking. He's also on my ignore list now. Should have been a while ago. I'd consider chipping in for a blanky for him, though. Anybody else?

Anyway I'm intrigued by this game, although I can't say I was really into the game in my youth. I'm interested in this version a bit to see what all the hubbub was about. I doubt I'll buy it day 1, but will pick it up when the price drops.

[quote name='rapsodist']NBA Elite 11 for PS3 and Xbox 360 was just delayed till next year, and EA says that NBA Jam will now be released on those consoles as a standalone product "in time for the holidays."

http://www.easports.com/blogs/itsin...-week-xbox-360-and-ps3-coming-before-holidays

I wonder if that means the PS3 and Xbox 360 will end up getting all the content of the Wii version after all. At the least, the Wii still gets the game first.[/QUOTE] Good news for me. I was gonna buy the Wii version but not at launch. Now I can also wait & see how the unshackled 360 version shakes out.

So it goes from
-Wii exclusive to
-Wii version with extra features/modes, but not exclusive
-Wii version with extra features/modes and no online multi (exclusive to PS3/360 versions)
-Wii timed exclusive, with no extra features/modes (??)

I don't see EA releasing the crippled versions only on PSN/XBLA. They gotta milk that cash cow, and they won't release the crippled versions for less than the Wii retail version. Imagine how many copies the Wii version would sell when compared to a cheaper PS3/360 version, even IF it had more features.

I don't care in any way, but EA just showed their hypocrisy and lack of interest in the Wii.

Hey guys.. I was totally wrong about NBA Jam on the HD Twins being the superior versions.. For sure those extra modes will be wii exclusive, man it suc.... Wait a tick.. NBA Jam got leaked on xbox 360, and it has a DLC key as well.. What could the DLC key be for?!

"Remix Mode is a must-have add-on to NBA JAM! With 5 additional game modes to play: Smash, Domination, 21, Elimnation, 2 vs. 2 Remix, Remix Tour, as well 10 unique Boss Battles, the NBA JAM Remix offer is a different way to enjoy and play NBA JAM, and is sure to add hours to your NBA JAM experience."

I for one am SHOCKED. SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='blitz6speed']Hey guys.. I was totally wrong about NBA Jam on the HD Twins being the superior versions.. For sure those extra modes will be wii exclusive, man it suc.... Wait a tick.. NBA Jam got leaked on xbox 360, and it has a DLC key as well.. What could the DLC key be for?!

"Remix Mode is a must-have add-on to NBA JAM! With 5 additional game modes to play: Smash, Domination, 21, Elimnation, 2 vs. 2 Remix, Remix Tour, as well 10 unique Boss Battles, the NBA JAM Remix offer is a different way to enjoy and play NBA JAM, and is sure to add hours to your NBA JAM experience."

I for one am SHOCKED. SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Speculation is speculation. There's no official word on how the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions will be affected now, if at all.

I agree that it seems much more likely now that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions will be brought up to par with the Wii version, and I'll get the Xbox 360 version if that's the case.

But we don't know for sure yet, and there's no need to be a jackass. Just go start an NBA Jam thread in the Xbox 360 and/or PS3 forums.

Yeah I canceled my Amazon order for the Wii version, I will just get the PS3 version when it comes out in a few months. Sucks to wait that long for some Jam action but I think the difference in versions will be worth the wait.

[quote name='cgarb84']Yeah I canceled my Amazon order for the Wii version, I will just get the PS3 version when it comes out in a few months. Sucks to wait that long for some Jam action but I think the difference in versions will be worth the wait.[/QUOTE]

Possibly, I think the Wii as a system has the best chance of recreating the arcade feel due to its status as the best "party" system and users are more likely to play local 4 player on the Wii. However, online play and sports gamers in general would and will prefer the 360/PS3 versions. I dont know which group is larger, but I suspect it is the latter.

Not that is some sort of contest for individual fans, but it certain is interesting as a business case.

Ive seen some videos of the leaked xbox nba jam, and its fantastic. Has all the exclusive wii stuff like the boss battles, etc. Definitely purchasing the PS3 version for some online hoops.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Ive seen some videos of the leaked xbox nba jam, and its fantastic. Has all the exclusive wii stuff like the boss battles, etc. Definitely purchasing the PS3 version for some online hoops.[/QUOTE]

Nah, you'll get the Wii version ;-)

[quote name='ananag112']Why is the Wii version of this game $50? The 360 and PS3 versions will likely be $20 with more features.[/QUOTE]

Jam is not likely going to be less than $50 as a stand alone product. EA is looking to stem the bleeding of NBA Elite. Jam as "Free" DLC was a lure to sell more copies of Elite.

NBA Jam on the Wii, was a chance to avoid having no product on the Wii and maybe tap into the money printing machine Nintendo has built for themselves.

As I said earlier, this is going to be one hell of a business case when all is said and done.

Some of the secret characters have already been found -

ESPN Sportscenter team - Enter ESP as the first name and NSN as the second. Requires two controllers!

Beastie Boys - Enter this at the main menu - up up down down left right left right B +

In addition to these are are Obama, Bill and Hilary Clinton, Bush, Cheney, Biden and Palin but nobody knows how to unlock them currently. There is also another musical guest but EA won't reveal who it is just yet. Who knows who else could be in!

Does anybody know if the TVC fightstick will work with this game? That might be the clincher for me picking up the stick.

Im just going to put this right here....

img0101o.png

bread's done
Back