EA Sports Season Ticket - Out Now

mvp828

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
So EA has announced their EA Sports Season Ticket which is supposed to be out on the Live Marketplace now... Here is the story from TrueAchievements.com:

[quote name='TrueAchievements.com']What the EA SPORTS Season Ticket IS:

* A program to give gamers early access (3 days) to all EA SPORTS titles (Madden, Tiger, FIFA, NCAA Football, NHL). i.e. You get to download and play the full game for three days before it gets released to retail.

* 20% off all paid DLC for EA SPORTS titles.

* Free access to premium web content (expanded creation center functions: create more teams, more players, custom graphics options).

* An exclusive online, in-game badge

What the EA SPORTS Season Ticket is NOT:

* A way to charge extra for multiplayer

* A way to take the "standard stuff" out of games and make you pay more for it

* The left hand of Satan come to steal your soul

EA SPORTS' Peter Moore describes the Season Pass more eloquently:

We’ve spent considerable time listening to fans and building this program, and our goal has been to create something for our core audience….people who want to play our games sooner; who either play, or have always wanted to play, several different EA SPORTS games; who enhance their games with downloadable content; or who have an appetite for premium web content. It’s not unlike the way I augment my sports television experience by having memberships to MLB.tv to watch the Red Sox and Liverpoolfc.tv to watch the Mighty Reds.

We also know EA SPORTS Season Ticket isn’t for everyone, which is why non-subscribers can continue to play exactly the way they do today. Our games on disc continue to have all the same great content, and nothing changes. This is entirely additive content for our biggest fans.
If all of this sounds like a sweet deal here are the steps on how you can purchase:

1- Sign in to your Xbox LIVE account

2- Search for and download the free EA SPORTS app from Game Marketplace

3- Locate the EA SPORTS app in your Game Library, and select "Play Game"

4- Purchase EA SPORTS Season Ticket for 2000 MSP[/QUOTE]

TA Story

Peter Moore's Blog Announcement

Link to the EA Sports Live App

* Free access to premium web content (expanded creation center functions: create more teams, more players, custom graphics options).

this is the only thing I'm curious about.

Yeah, this is EA right? Let me guess, 20 percent off madden booster packs or modes no one cares about. What web content could they possible charge for let alone give 20 percent off.....but wait....an in game badge? That is worth the money right there.....talk about a fucking cash grab. EA will charge for anything.

Downloading things a couple days earlier and then having to pick up the retail...naw I am not 15 anymore I can wait until release.

20% off all DLC is another way of saying that they're raising the prices of the DLC and then charging you to get the normal price back. This is all a pretty comical cash grab, but if it works for them then more power to them. For me it ensure I won't be buying an EA sports game. Not that I was going to anyway, but now I *really* won't be buying them, because if I did I'd be getting short changed since I sure wouldn't pay for this farce.

Doubledown it is not FREE. It cost 25 dollars a year, the thing you downloaded is basically a app so you can purchase said product.

I used to buy 4 EA sports game a year and now I am about down to 1. Fifa...as its the ONLY EA sports game that actually improves from a year to year basis with new and advanced next gen tech.

Yea the only game I buy is NHL... I would say the improvements from year to year are definitely getting better. Other than that, I may rent Madden and/or NCAA each year but that is only if I feel like I need a football game fix.

Oh shit I actually forgot about NHL, I dont play hockey games but I have to respect that it is another EA game that actually improves in a tangible way.

I wonder if it's possible to gameshare this... just to download each game 3 days early. I'd pay $5 for a 3 day trial of every game.

bread's done
Back