EA Store Downloads - April Weekend Sales Schedule

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
EA Store Weekend Sale - Downloads

THE BF3 LISTING WAS AN ERROR ON EA'S PART

Friday April 8 - Sunday April 10 - 40% OFF ALL SHOOTER GAMES (PCDD ONLY)
Titles Include: Mass Effect™, Dead Space™, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames™, Crysis Warhead®, The Saboteur™, Mass Effect™ 2, Mass Effect™ Pinnacle Station, Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2, Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, Mass Effect™ 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, Medal of Honor™, Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2: Vietnam, Medal of Honor™ Hot Zone Map Pack, Battlefield 3™ Limited Edition, Counter-Strike™: Source™, Counter-Strike™ 1: Anthology, Battlefield 2™, Crysis®, Medal of Honor Airborne™, Battlefield 2™: Complete Collection, The Orange Box, Battlefield 2142™ Deluxe Edition, Half-Life 2: Episode Pack

Friday April 15 - Sunday April 17 - 50% OFF ALL SPORTS GAMES (PCDD ONLY)
Titles Include: NHL® 09, EA SPORTS™ FIFA MANAGER 09, FIFA Soccer 09, FIFA Soccer 10, EA SPORTS™ FIFA Manager 10, FIFA Soccer 11, FIFA Manager 11, FIFA Manager 11 Team Control, FIFA Manager 11 Live Season, FIFA Manager 11 Premium Online Account, FIFA Manager 11 Fan Pack, FIFA Manager 11 SPECIAL EDITION, NFL Head Coach

Friday April 22 - Sunday April 24 - 33% OFF ALL RPG GAMES (PCDD ONLY)
Titles Include: Mass Effect™, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning®, Ultima Online™: Stygian Abyss™ (Account Upgrade), Dragon Age™: Origins, Dragon Age™: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition, Mass Effect™ 2, Mass Effect™ 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, Ultima Online™: Stygian Abyss™ (New Account + 30 Days of Game Time), Dragon Age™: Origins - Awakening, Dragon Age™: Origins - Ultimate Edition, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® RvR Pack ? Progression Code, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® RvR Pack - Personality Code, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® RvR Pack ? Full (Progression/Personality) Code

Friday April 29 to May 1 - 50% OFF ALL FAMILY GAMES (PCDD ONLY)
Titles Include: Create™, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows™ ? Part 1, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix™

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xellos2099']I call bs man, they actually RAISE the price on Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2: Vietnam 8.97[/QUOTE]

I actually held out on buying in hopes of an additional discount on BC2 Vietnam... but now they've actually raised the price.

BS indeed, especially when the banner (prior to this sale) says that all BFBC2 titles are 50% off until April 10th.

Very, very BS. I'm just not gonna buy it altogether now.

[quote name='CheapyD']EA sent me a (mildy obnoxious) email asking me to take BF3 off the list. It was clearly listed in their email, so it was their error.[/QUOTE]

damn yeah was too good to be true

Why did you list The Orange Box and HL2; I'm not seeing it discounted on the site. Did EA make more than a few mistakes on the list?

Here I figured they'd give deep discounts on BF3 as a way to push their own digital delivery service. Instead, they pissed off any CAGs paying attention (in multiple ways: Vietnam, Orange Box, etc).

I wonder if anyone is going to bother ordering something, or just wait for a steam sale on the items instead.

(golf clap)

[quote name='Phokis']Here I figured they'd give deep discounts on BF3 as a way to push their own digital delivery service. Instead, they pissed off any CAGs paying attention (in multiple ways: Vietnam, Orange Box, etc).

I wonder if anyone is going to bother ordering something, or just wait for a steam sale on the items instead.

(golf clap)[/QUOTE]

:'( I really wanted to pick up the HL2 pack/TOB!

These prices are off the regular price, not the current price, right? So if I am interested in Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate, it's going to end up being roughly the same as it is now?

Just wondering...but do you guys think we should all email EA with the same complaint about them removing BF3 from the list? Even though it was included in the email as being 40% off, then they quietly remove it the day before the sale.

This strikes me as an obvious effort to pound advertisement for BF3 even more (free of course) and thus also really makes me not even want to buy it at all. Had they never listed it, I probably would have ended up paying full price. But because they listed it, then removed it, now I'm pissed at unethical business practice.

Would it even make a difference if we all emailed them?:cool:

[quote name='AionTelos']Do any of these games transfer to steam? Never bought from EA before.[/QUOTE]

No, they don't.

I just figured out today though that you can add a shortcut in your steam game list to launch it even if it isn't a steam game.

[quote name='tranceFusion']No, they don't.

I just figured out today though that you can add a shortcut in your steam game list to launch it even if it isn't a steam game.[/QUOTE]

oh good find, but the EA download manager software still has to be running in order to play the games bought from EA store, correct?

Nope. The download manager is just that. You don't even install the game through it. The download manager just downloads the install files, the rest is all on you.

[quote name='Invader Bugs']Nope. The download manager is just that. You don't even install the game through it. The download manager just downloads the install files, the rest is all on you.[/QUOTE]

Since it's always nice to have a second opinion, I can confirm that this is, indeed, the case. The EA DL Manager DOES NOT need to be running to play. :)

[quote name='mattcube64']Since it's always nice to have a second opinion, I can confirm that this is, indeed, the case. The EA DL Manager DOES NOT need to be running to play. :)[/QUOTE]

Somehow I am just having trouble believing that the folks that pushed SecuROM on us would allow you to download a game installer and then do whatever you wanted with it, complete disconnected from their ability to authorize it.

I'm not saying it's not true, I'm just saying I am having trouble believing it.

You know what is the darnest thing. I seen an email complain about BFBC2 vietnam dlc price jumped during a suppose sale and they respond by, for some reason, added and activated vietnam dlc for me for free.

Fair enough, when I click the vietnam button it load but when I try to connect to server it always dc me. Then I recite a very famous quote by William Shakespear, "fuck It" and proceed to d2d and buy GTA IC complete for 8 buck.

[quote name='mattcube64']Since it's always nice to have a second opinion, I can confirm that this is, indeed, the case. The EA DL Manager DOES NOT need to be running to play. :)[/QUOTE]
ALSO confirmed.

The EA Download Manager (EADM) basically just download and installs the files. That's ALL you need it for. You can run games without it actually running. Makes sense, since they sell their games every avenue [digital and retail] that they can.

A lot of EA's recent games, you can just register right through their EADM, if you like - and just deal w/ EADM.

If you need to back-up your EADM game, it don't keep installers anymore - so you don't have extra installer files and junk laying around to take up another extra amount of GB's. This all is much more streamlined, for the better - you'll just can copy your actual entire game folder as is elsewhere (DVD's, Blu-Ray's, another HDD, whatever).

When you want to reinstall game, take your copy of the game folder - and look for a INSTALLER sub-folder. All you need to do is run the SETUP file(s) that's in there and you're good to go. :)

Does anyone know if there's any way to give/trade away a game that's been registered to EADM?

Is there any way to deauthorize it? If not, is the person going to get authorization errors if they try to play the game? (I realize they will if they try to register with EADM)

[quote name='tranceFusion']Does anyone know if there's any way to give/trade away a game that's been registered to EADM?

Is there any way to deauthorize it? If not, is the person going to get authorization errors if they try to play the game? (I realize they will if they try to register with EADM)[/QUOTE]

I think you cannot transfer games over to others that you register on EADM.

You can deauthorize installs and revoke installs, if you want to say move your copy of the game to another PC of yours. They usually are found in your game folder AND/OR found in your Start Menu.
For more info on deauthorizing installs/revoking installs on PC's of yours, look here.

[quote name='MysterD']I think you cannot transfer games over to others that you register on EADM.

You can deauthorize installs and revoke installs, if you want to say move your copy of the game to another PC of yours. They usually are found in your game folder AND/OR found in your Start Menu.
For more info on deauthorizing installs/revoking installs on PC's of yours, look here.[/QUOTE]

But what happens if someone else tries to use a retail copy of the game that uses disc check after I have registered it with the DM??

[quote name='tranceFusion']But what happens if someone else tries to use a retail copy of the game that uses disc check after I have registered it with the DM??[/QUOTE]
That's worth looking into, I'd say.
No clue, honestly.

Probably some details would be found on EA's site.

If I find some info, I'll let you know.

bread's done
Back