EA Store SUCKS.

Van

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
11/29/07 - So I ordered The Godfather and NFS: Carbon from them using 20% off Paypal coupon thing.

1/05/07 - I write them and ask wtf is going on because I still haven't got them, they reply "Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

This order is in the final stages of processing and will be sent to you soon. You will be receiving an email soon with a shipment tracking number.

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Thank you,

Anurag
EA Online Store."

So I wait. FF to today.

I open a new ticket asking what the deal is because that one was closed from being too old.

"Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Your order is in final stages of processing. We have not yet received funds form Paypal, once we receive them your order will be processed.

If there is anything else we may do to assist you please let us know.

Thank you,

Anurag
EA Online Support. "

So now I'm damn well and pissed off and I respond with "Yeah well Paypal took the money from me on Nov. 29th, so I want my games. Your dealing with paypal has nothing to do with me, and I didn't read anything that said if I paid with paypal I would have to wait over two freakin months to get my games."

I won't be ordering from their sorry asses again.

That sucks. And who the hell is Anurag? *google search* Aha, here we go.

Anurag - Boy Name
"attachment, devotion, love"
Indian Name

There you go. You'll get your stuff because he is devoted to your satisfaction.

I fucking hate eastore. I am going through the exact same problem. On 12/17/07 I ordered nfl tour using that paypal coupon. They took my money right away. The game came out on 1/8/08 and I still haven't gotten it. I sent them 3 emails asking for a refund or to ship my game and I just get that exact same "This order is in the final stages of processing and will be sent to you soon. You will be receiving an email soon with a shipment tracking number." crap.

I filed a dispute with paypal and reported EA to the BBB. Its been almost two weeks since I opened my paypal dispute and I haven't heard anything from that. Its been 3 days since I complained to the BBB and I haven't heard anything from that either.

I try to avoid paypal wherever possible. By the time you know you have a problem with the transaction, your funds are typically long gone. If I do use paypal I always pay through a CC as well.

[quote name='camoor']I try to avoid paypal wherever possible. By the time you know you have a problem with the transaction, your funds are typically long gone. If I do use paypal I always pay through a CC as well.[/quote]

EXACTLY. NEVER do a paypal account linked to a bank account, only to a credit card (preferably one that is very pro-customer, like my AMEX business platinum).

If I ever have a problem they have no problem issuing a chargeback/reversing or removing the charges.

BTW the EA store doesn't suck if you have a hookup (check out my new topic in this section). I've got a new EA buddy...works wonders.

[quote name='ryan838']I fucking hate eastore. I am going through the exact same problem. On 12/17/07 I ordered nfl tour using that paypal coupon. They took my money right away. The game came out on 1/8/08 and I still haven't gotten it. I sent them 3 emails asking for a refund or to ship my game and I just get that exact same "This order is in the final stages of processing and will be sent to you soon. You will be receiving an email soon with a shipment tracking number." crap.

I filed a dispute with paypal and reported EA to the BBB. Its been almost two weeks since I opened my paypal dispute and I haven't heard anything from that. Its been 3 days since I complained to the BBB and I haven't heard anything from that either.[/quote]
http://www.hellgateguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6936

I'm about to try this.

Edit: It doesn't work, it just keeps disconnecting me when it tries to connect me to an agent. fuck eastore

Dang... what a pain. I'm glad I was hesitant about purchasing from EA. Keep us updated OP, I hope you get your money back or the games.

[quote name='LuisRM']That sucks. And who the hell is Anurag? *google search* Aha, here we go.

Anurag - Boy Name
"attachment, devotion, love"
Indian Name

There you go. You'll get your stuff because he is devoted to your satisfaction.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Anurag is also the Japanese way to say analog.

I'm going through this same trouble right now, I placed a pre-order (mistake) at the hellhole of a store for NFL Tour & Burnout Paradise using a 20% coupon. And they are trying to give me that 'final stages of processing' bullcrap too. I already filed a complaint with PayPal though. Burnout Paradise is still worth the $48 but NFL Tour is becoming close to the point where it just ain't worth it.

I've never had this problem with them before either... maybe this is what I get for when their $15 off coupons glitched to $30 off last year and I got Nascar 08 & Madden 08 for the PS3 for $36 each. And considering I don't like the PS3 version of Nascar 08 I think I got lucky there.

I was able to get my money back through paypal. I filed a dispute and they never responded to any of paypals emails so they automatically ruled in my favor. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

[quote name='ryan838']I was able to get my money back through paypal. I filed a dispute and they never responded to any of paypals emails so they automatically ruled in my favor. Good luck to the rest of you guys.[/quote]

Same just happened to me, and I already used it to buy the games on eBay brand new, from actual reliable sellers. And still have 92 cents in my account. lol

Mine is already past the damn paypal dispute date. I think I might try contacting them anyway.

Edit: Paypal can do nothing in my case.

Update. Finally managed to get through to CS but couldn't finish the conversation before getting disconnected, got a email from CS from "GM Messy" that is signed with

EA Senior Supervisor Joseph B.
Player Relations
Tech Support
Electronic Arts

Anyhow they still didn't have The Godfather, so I told them just to ship me Burnout Paradise. So if it comes through I will have got it for $55.26 - 20%.

Better than what I expected I was going to end up getting. Still won't order from them again. Blacklisted just like Walmart.com.

I was going through the same thing with EA for my Burnout preorder. I questioned them twice about what was happening and kept getting the "final stages of processing" spiel. So I e-mailed them this:

Hello again,

Is it possible to have a rough date estimate for shipping? I could have the game already if I would have ordered elsewhere and, while soon means within a week to me, apparently it means any time to you. Also I'm wondering if my order doesn't just keep showing up as "in process" in the system, or in the final stages of prep, because the system is frozen on my order. The information you guys keep giving me isn't particularly helpful since it doesn't seen to come to fruition, and I understand that's because you are probably no where near the actual order fulfillment site. However, it's fustrating for me to ask what is happening and get an answer back that is the equivalent of, "naw, man it's cool." with no real information.

Then I got the GM e-mail offering to cancel my order. Here's where being a girl comes in handy because I just pulled the "ohhhhh, and I'm really looking forward to Spore being releasedas an EA title" pity response back, along with telling them to cancel my order. So I just got my order canceled, my steel wheels car code, my prima e-guide code, and a $20 coupon to the EA store. So I'm appeased.

Susan

[quote name='mtxbass1']You guys know that filing with the BBB is basically useless right? They have no power.[/quote]

Not true at all, ask all of us who got Walmart GC because of the price mistake fiasco a few weeks back. There were thousands of filings that day.

And BBB still emails me asking me if I want to take it farther with WM.

[quote name='linkmon']Not true at all, ask all of us who got Walmart GC because of the price mistake fiasco a few weeks back. There were thousands of filings that day.

And BBB still emails me asking me if I want to take it farther with WM.[/QUOTE]

It's not that the BBB can't get you results, it's that any results you DO get from them are the result of the kindness of each company.

A company is free to ignore a BBB complaint if they choose.

[quote name='linkmon']Not true at all, ask all of us who got Walmart GC because of the price mistake fiasco a few weeks back. There were thousands of filings that day.

And BBB still emails me asking me if I want to take it farther with WM.[/quote]

All of you people who got a gift card back from Walmart did it because Walmart got hounded on from multiple outlets. You can rest assured that your complaint with the BBB did absolutely nothing. The fact that Walmart needed to save face had much more of an impact that a letter to the BBB. The BBB is not a federal agency FYI.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']It's not that the BBB can't get you results, it's that any results you DO get from them are the result of the kindness of each company.

A company is free to ignore a BBB complaint if they choose.[/quote]

Exactly. The BBB needs businesses in order to survive. Who do you think funds the BBB? Businesses pay fees to join the BBB. It's in the BBB's best interest to keep those businesses happy.

The BBB is nothing more than an organization trying to make money. The have no power over businesses at all.

The EA Store does suck. I paid by Paypal with the 20% off as well. I ordered Burnout Paradise which has still not shipped. I wanted the game quickly and have since bought it elsewhere. They refuse to ship it and will not cancel the order because it is too late. Read from the bottom up. I have lost all patience and am now emailing twice a day.

02/13/2008 06:40 PM

Just a reminder that my game has still not shipped. Is there anything I can say that will get someone to take care of this issue? I will continue to hound and hound until I get a satisfactory response.
Customer (Michael W. Morris)
02/13/2008 05:55 AM

Your last response does not indicate WHEN it will ship. I was told on 2/4/08 it would be shipped soon. Now I am told on 2/13, it will ship soon. I PREORDERED to get it early. Please only respond to the following question:
On what day will the product ship?
I do not care if you have to go to the warehouse and box it up yourself.
Response (EA Deval S.)
02/13/2008 05:36 AM

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Your order is in the final stages of processing and will be sent to you soon. You will be very soon receiving an E-mail from us with your shipment tracking number. Once you receive your shipment, you should be able to track your order with the carrier(such as UPS).

Please note: If you do not wish to keep the game, please refuse shipment and the package will be returned to the warehouse. Once we receive the game at the warehouse, we will begin processing a full refund.

I appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

Deval
EA Online Store
02/13/2008 05:31 AM

OK, I understand EA's inadequate policy about refunding the product. I bought this elsewhere and it seems obvious that EA has no intention of shipping my product at this point. How many emails does it take to get a product shipped? Anyone reading this email should be embarrassed at the lack of customer service in this instance. You have my money and I want it back. On 2/4, I was told it was in the final stages of processing and would be shipped soon. What is your definition of soon?
Response (EA Deval S.)
02/07/2008 01:20 AM

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, your order has reached a stage where it may no longer be cancelled. The game will be shipping as ordered. If you do not wish to keep the game, please refuse shipment and the package will be returned to the warehouse.

If the package was shipped by UPS and the package was left on your doorstep and not signed for, you may call UPS at 1-800-Pick-Ups to come get it. You may also call the courier with your tracking number to refuse delivery.

Once we receive the game at the warehouse, we will begin processing a full refund.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

Deval
EA Online Store
02/06/2008 05:23 PM

The response above is not what I asked for. I am requesting a refund. The SIGNIFICANT delay in shipping the product caused me to go buy it at a store where I could actually get to play the game. I expected that purchasing direct from the manufacturer would have given me a reasonable response. I PREORDERED and was put in the back of the line. You should be able to sympathize with my disappointment at the lack of good customer service. Why have a store if you can't provide the goods to the end customer? I would equate this to Taco Bell being out of beef. Sorry if I sound rude, but I would just like a refund.
Thanks,
Mike Morris
Response (Rudra Prayag Pandey)
02/04/2008 01:41 AM

Hi Michael ,

As informed in the previous E-mail, your order is in the final stages of processing and will be sent to you soon. You will be very soon receiving an E-mail from us with your shipment tracking number. Once you receive your shipment, you should be able to track your order with the carrier(such as UPS).

I appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

Rudra
EA Online Store
02/02/2008 09:08 AM

Michael W. Morris
Game has not been shipped yet, has been out for nearly 2 weeks. I would like a refund to my paypal account. I expected a quick turnaround by ordering direct from the manufacturer.

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

I've been getting the same shit in regards to my Godfather order. When I saw it completed through Paypal waaaaay back in December, I assumed it would have shipped around that date.

Still waiting, fucking crooks.

[quote name='falcinator']I've been getting the same shit in regards to my Godfather order. When I saw it completed through Paypal waaaaay back in December, I assumed it would have shipped around that date.

Still waiting, fucking crooks.[/QUOTE]

I always pay EA Store by CC.

I wonder if they wait until you can't file a PayPal claim against them to ship your game to you.

That would be interesting if it was true.

Update: They ended up sending me a copy of Burnout Paradise for the PS3. Today they also refunded me the $55.26.

GO EASTORE!!!!

bread's done
Back