Earn 5% Back on Gift Card Purchases at Amazon through Oct.

BlueLobstah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Amazon appears to be running a promo through October 31st where you can get 5% back on Amazon.com gift card purchases when using your Amazon.com Rewards Visa, up to $100.

In addition it sounds like you still earn reward points, so it's essentially 8% back. Might be a good time to stock up on some Amazon credit, especially if you plan for future purchases such as Christmas gifts or pre-orders.

is it a one shot deal? or lets say, can i buy a $60 gc than next week buy another gc and still get the 5% on both gc purchases?

For the record,

every year Coinstar does a promo with Amazon in November:

Give the machine $40 in coins, get $50 in Amazon GC (some years they give it to you up front, some years they make you mail in for the extra $10 gc).

It's a 25% return and totally worth it (I start saving my change in July to have it for November for fun).

Wouldn't recommend this 5% deal with this one coming up

[quote name='Lt Dan']For the record,

Give the machine $40 in coins, get $50 in Amazon GC (some years they give it to you up front, some years they make you mail in for the extra $10 gc).

It's a 25% return and totally worth it (I start saving my change in July to have it for November for fun).

Wouldn't recommend this 5% deal with this one coming up[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks! I've got a coin jar that I've been meaning to take to Coinstar for an Amazon card, but I've been too lazy. Now I know to keep waiting!

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']For the Coinstar promo, any idea if I could just slip two $20's in to the machine and get the GC that way, or does it have to be change?[/QUOTE]

dunno, but for me it will be easy enough for me to go to the bank with 2 20's and leave with a bunch of quarters :D

[quote name='Lt Dan']For the record,

Wouldn't recommend this 5% deal with this one coming up[/QUOTE]

Whoa, I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be holding on to all my coins until then. :D

EDIT: Whoa, you can put MONEY into a Coinstar? Like, bills and stuff? Holy shit. I may invest a bit in Amazon credit.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']

EDIT: Whoa, you can put MONEY into a Coinstar? Like, bills and stuff? Holy shit. I may invest a bit in Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

Dear Lord... this changes everything.. O___O

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Dear Lord... this changes everything.. O___O[/QUOTE]

For once I think I agree with FT!

The 5% only works if you have an Amazon CC, I don't have one and not planning to get one either. The Coinstar idea sounds interesting... but man, I don't have coins :whistle2:( (I use plastics all the time, so I rarely get coins back as change).

[quote name='Serpentor']The 5% only works if you have an Amazon CC, I don't have one and not planning to get one either. The Coinstar idea sounds interesting... but man, I don't have coins :whistle2:( (I use plastics all the time, so I rarely get coins back as change).[/QUOTE]
Like someone said, just go to a bank with 2x $20 bills and exchange for quarters. Pretty painless.

[quote name='eau']Like someone said, just go to a bank with 2x $20 bills and exchange for quarters. Pretty painless.[/QUOTE]

But that's from the past promotion right? What's the current Coinstar promotion? Anything like 25% return rate?

[quote name='cubeenigma']i heard they charge a small fee for inserting bills for credit. no fee for change though.[/QUOTE]

That's no big deal to me. The Coinstar in my local Kroger is just across from my banl. :D

[quote name='Serpentor']But that's from the past promotion right? What's the current Coinstar promotion? Anything like 25% return rate?[/QUOTE]

The itunes card I think.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']That's no big deal to me. The Coinstar in my local Kroger is just across from my banl. :D[/QUOTE]

"Banl" What exactly is that? haha joking.

The place where the coinstar machine is, is near my "banl" too..:)

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']That's no big deal to me. The Coinstar in my local Kroger is just across from my banl. :D[/QUOTE]

mines inside my HEB so I can just go to CS and get 40 in change lol

Does coin star take any percentage of every dollar for amazon GC's? I know they do if you want to change it to cash, I wonder if it's the same for amazon

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Does coin star take any percentage of every dollar for amazon GC's? I know they do if you want to change it to cash, I wonder if it's the same for amazon[/QUOTE]

They don't

For the record guys, I told people about this at very least for last years round.

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']For the Coinstar promo, any idea if I could just slip two $20's in to the machine and get the GC that way, or does it have to be change?[/QUOTE]

No, has to be coins. Not that big of a deal, if you can't get to a bank to change for quarters I'm sure the supermarket you go to can.

[quote name='dyeknom']Doesnt it have to be 40 cash out, which means the 40$ + x.xx% they take?[/QUOTE]

No. When you exchange coins for gift certificates NO fee is taken, the stores you're buying the GC for fronts the cost. You only pay a fee when you change coins for bills.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I'd get the change in quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies just so the machine doesn't get suspicious :cool:[/QUOTE]
That's...pretty retarded. You're not doing anything wrong, so there's no need.

You guys have to read the link. You don't get 5% back for buying stuff with giftcards. You have to use your Amazon credit card to purchase giftcards to get the 5%.

[quote name='rainking187']You guys have to read the link. You don't get 5% back for buying stuff with giftcards. You have to use your Amazon credit card to purchase giftcards to get the 5%.[/QUOTE]

the thread just got sidetracked to a better deal lol. rather than having to have a amazon credit card, you just have to have change and you get a 25% (for exactly $40) bonus rather than a 5%

Love how 90% of the posts have little to do with the OP. :lol:

I wasn't aware of any coinstar promotion, but thought this might be a good deal for people who have Amazon cards. The coinstar deal is obviously a little less restricting, but 8% right now is still pretty decent for those of us who do have one.

[quote name='Lt Dan']

That's...pretty retarded. You're not doing anything wrong, so there's no need.[/QUOTE]

hahaha he thought you were talking seriously. haha that was funny :applause:

I was at walmart today and decided to take a look at the coinstar machine. I saw that you could only get a voucher or donate to charity but couldn't get giftcards.

Is this coinstar Amazon Gift card promotion in effect now? I have a bunch of coins worth at least $20 sitting on my desk. I'll just swap for $20 in quarters and I'll be good. Also guys there is a e-bill-me rebate thing where if you buy a $100 Amazon gift card, you'll get a $15 mail-in rebate.

bread's done
Back