Earthbound!

n8r0n

CAGiversary!
I just picked up an Earthbound cart at the local Goodwill for $1.00, and it works great.

i concur... great steal on an awesome game... the last time i was in goodwill (looking for a cheap bowling ball and/or golf clubs), it just smelled old...

[quote name='n8r0n']I just picked up an Earthbound cart at the local Goodwill for $1.00, and it works great.[/QUOTE]

yeah, well I picked up two copies at sears back in december 99 for 5 each, and still have them to this day

[quote name='evilmregg']When the hell are we going to get Earthbound on the Virtual Console?[/quote]

When hell freezes over, Nintendo Hates America, example - Club Nintendo. EarthBound 2 (Mother 3), and so on.

[quote name='georox']When hell freezes over, Nintendo Hates America, example - Club Nintendo. EarthBound 2 (Mother 3), and so on.[/quote]

One of the Earthbound kids (Jeff, I think) is in Super Smash Bros Brawl, fueling rumors of EB on the VC and a localization of Mother 3.

If that day comes, I will cry with happiness.

I cried with happiness reading your post... And my ex-girlfriend still has my copy and it's been a year, my hope is lost. I'm crying again but out of sadness.

heh, one day some woman came into the gamestop i was working at with a copy of earthbound (trying to trade it in). i was in the back doing something and then my manager comes through the door with it. the thing was complete AND she had the strategy guide. since she couldn't trade it in, she just gave it to my manager.

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']heh, one day some woman came into the gamestop i was working at with a copy of earthbound (trying to trade it in). i was in the back doing something and then my manager comes through the door with it. the thing was complete AND she had the strategy guide. since she couldn't trade it in, she just gave it to my manager.[/quote]

That is hilarious, she just gave it away...

I bought mine brand new, when it first came out. I think I even have the scratch-n-sniff trading cards. Nothing like taking a whiff of a pile of dirty gym socks.

[quote name='Scorch']One of the Earthbound kids (Jeff, I think) is in Super Smash Bros Brawl, fueling rumors of EB on the VC and a localization of Mother 3.

If that day comes, I will cry with happiness.[/quote]
Jeff has always been in SSB as a trophy... But Lucas, star of Mother 3, is on the main cast, seemingly replacing Ness. That would be what's fueling the hopes of Mother 3 coming to America, especially since that's what happened with SSB:M and the Fire Emblem series.

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']heh, one day some woman came into the gamestop i was working at with a copy of earthbound (trying to trade it in). i was in the back doing something and then my manager comes through the door with it. the thing was complete AND she had the strategy guide. since she couldn't trade it in, she just gave it to my manager.[/quote]

this is the modernized version of "my mom threw away my baseball cards when I left home." :lol:

[quote name='theGrue']Jeff has always been in SSB as a trophy... But Lucas, star of Mother 3, is on the main cast, seemingly replacing Ness. That would be what's fueling the hopes of Mother 3 coming to America, especially since that's what happened with SSB:M and the Fire Emblem series.[/quote]
Ness was in the first SSB and in M, and Mother 1+2 (EarthBound 0+1) Never got a state-side GBA released.

NINTENDO STILL HATES AMERICA! :O

Anyways... I still need to get a cart of EarthBound again. Something happened to mine, and its bothered me ever since, I just won't pay eBay asspirate price-gouger prices.

bread's done
Back