EarthBound

[quote name='Mattte']Wow, its really gone up. Once Nintendo confirms it for the VC, mine is going straight to eBay.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling this wont happen for sometime. I wont be playing it until then :cry: .

[quote name='karmapolice']I have a feeling this wont happen for sometime. I wont be playing it until then :cry: .[/quote]

Yeah, Nintendo likes to fuck with us. Back in 2005 (?) they name-dropped Earthbound in the unveiling of the Virtual Console and haven't spoke of it since.

People did this in the FYE trade deal thread too, asking for people to tell them what was good flipping material and what not. People want the profit without doing ANY of the work, which ain't gonna fly if I spent an HOUR looking up trade prices for stuff I know I can personally flip and make money on.

You want to know good flipping material, do some of your own legwork.

I have 4 copies Earthbound (2 complete), but every time I get ready to let one go, someone is always asking to borrow one. This is the first time in awhile that I have all four copies at once (there already spoken for when I do sell).

Yeah I am still on my unholy quest trying to get a CAG to sell me a copy of this game since I am coming up empty in my search! As always I will buy the game outright or trade any new Wii, 360 or PS3 game for a copy!

I just wish they would put the damn game up on the VC so I could end this damn search lol!

I actually lucked out and got a copy for about $40 off ebay. It was for a friend's Xmas present. I also picked up a copy of Dragon Warrior 4 from the same seller for myself mainly becasue it was there and I couldn't help myself.

Something funny to note is that when Nintendo Power was first previewing the SNES back in early 1990 they had a picture of earthbound, and were saying it would be one of the early titles. The SNES came out in late 1991, and we got Earthbound, what, 1995? confirmed June 1995.

It's a conspiracy, Nintendo of America just doesn't care about Earthbound or it's fans. It seems to take some people much longer to come to grips with that fact than others, but it's the truth. We're never going to see anything new in regards to that franchise in this country ever, I wouldn't even put my money on a Virtual Console release.

its kind of sad..

IMO the original earthbound ( you know the one for the NES) was "funner" then FF (which it was clearly trying to be).. I liked how easy it was to get into yet challenging enough not to be too dumbed down..

one of my quests is to get a copy of this game "out in the wild" so yard sales/pawn shops/thrift stores..

the closest i've gotten to getting a really rare gem was Super Mario RPG.. (maybe Ogre Battle 64) so i have a feeling its going to pop up one day.. and it'll be a day to remember

you know.. the best thing to do is periodically email nintendo of america customer service requesting that Earthbound be put on the VC.. eventually they'll heed the call.. i mean if 10,000 people say they'll buy it the day it comes out or promise to purchase a Wii just for the game (I'm in that boat) then eventually they'll cave for maximum damage and make buttloads of money.. and if that does well, we may see an official "earthbound zero" or "earthbound 3" come stateside..

you know.. the best thing to do is periodically email nintendo of america customer service requesting that Earthbound be put on the VC.. eventually they'll heed the call.. i mean if 10,000 people say they'll buy it the day it comes out or promise to purchase a Wii just for the game (I'm in that boat) then eventually they'll cave for maximum damage and make buttloads of money.. and if that does well, we may see an official "earthbound zero" or "earthbound 3" come stateside..
...except they won't. People have been doing this for YEARS, and it has yielded absolutely no results. Nintendo doesn't care, plain and simple, and all the e-mails and such in the world isn't going to change that.

[quote name='spmahn']you know.. the best thing to do is periodically email nintendo of america customer service requesting that Earthbound be put on the VC.. eventually they'll heed the call.. i mean if 10,000 people say they'll buy it the day it comes out or promise to purchase a Wii just for the game (I'm in that boat) then eventually they'll cave for maximum damage and make buttloads of money.. and if that does well, we may see an official "earthbound zero" or "earthbound 3" come stateside..[/quote]

While you're at it, ask them to re-release Wavebirds, cheaper wired Gamecube controllers, and every rare Gamecube game out there.

PM me if you get anywhere. :roll:

I don't get why they don't release Wii branded wavebirds (with Rumble...yes please!). It makes SO Much sense, and obviously they've considered it. I mean seriously, a wireless Wavebird that doesn't need the RF adapter perhaps (uses bluetooth like the Wii motes) would be PERFECT. Don't say it'd kill the classic controller either, because there's clearly a market for that. If they can approve the Zapper and Wii Steering Wheel, surely someone in Nintendo can see that a Wii Wavebird (white with blue accents) would be a no-brainer.

bread's done
Back