Earthworm Jim HD FREE on Xbla with Japanese Account

mr_bungle

Banned
Didn't see this posted anywhere. If you have a Japanese Gold account or still have a free month left on your Xbox, Earthworm Jim HD is currently FREE. It's also on sale for 400 points, but that's in the XBLA thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
shouldn't this go in international deals? Not particularly useful to us Americans other than making us hate the Japanese players for getting this deal and not us ;)

I have a Japanese account, but its silver, if you have a 48 hour trial sitting around that wouldn't help obtain this as a download right?

Dunno how the three free trials thing works; do you have to do anything special after you make the account? I made a Thailand? one to get the free Plants Vs Zombies awhile back but don't remember being offered a free Gold trial. Maybe it's because I have a refurb?

Also, can you make a Japanese one and have your language still set to English?

Did anyone try the 48 hour codes? If so then did anyone try a usa code on japan account? If nobody tried you never know. I know ms cards you need that country but a free 48 hour trial?

I used my gold trials on my accounts a year ago so no free ones left.

[quote name='lolwut?']Dunno how the three free trials thing works; do you have to do anything special after you make the account? I made a Thailand? one to get the free Plants Vs Zombies awhile back but don't remember being offered a free Gold trial. Maybe it's because I have a refurb?

Also, can you make a Japanese one and have your language still set to English?[/QUOTE]

No, just go to the games tab though. When you click on it you'll see it on the first row of games.

I used a 1-month to make my Japanese account gold and it's still showing up as full price. Wasted that code for nothing.

Still haven't been able to find out anything about how you get the free trial month of Gold; does it just do it automatically? I won't be able to read it if they ask me because I don't speak Japanese, lol

[quote name='lolwut?']Still haven't been able to find out anything about how you get the free trial month of Gold; does it just do it automatically? I won't be able to read it if they ask me because I don't speak Japanese, lol[/QUOTE]

I'ts all in English. You just create a new live account like normal and it will ask if you want gold or not. Pick no and it offers you a 1 month trial. Just make sure when you make a hotmail account to select Japan as the region.

Dammit :(, made an account but apparently my console must be out of free gold memberships (Only made 1 account on it =/).

Looks like ill be buying this.

Quick question though, if someone made an account and had the gold, could they give the information to someone else and they would be able to get it too?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I used a 48 hour free trial code and it's showing up as 800 points for me.[/QUOTE]

Thats the exact same thing i did on my first account. When you made this account, did you go right into redeem code, or did you say no and get taken to the dashboard without any sort of live. (I declined to sign up for Gold, then got a popup saying i had a free month)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Thats the exact same thing i did on my first account. When you made this account, did you go right into redeem code, or did you say no and get taken to the dashboard without any sort of live. (I declined to sign up for Gold, then got a popup saying i had a free month)[/QUOTE]

Ya, it sounds like we both did the exact same thing. I got my free month trial with my second account and just downloaded it for free. So awesome, especially since I was going to buy it this week anyways.

Ugh so pissed. I just found a 48 hour code that specifically says on it "allows access to online gaming, Netflix, photo party, free demos, EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS, promotions and video" and figured it would.work. it didn't. What a waste of a code...so bummed.

If anyone has a extra month, that would make my day...

damn....doesn't work if you've already used up the 3 apparently every 360 comes with... waste of time. good find for anyone else who hasnt already used theirs.

I made a Japan account for Earthworm Jim but I'm much more intrigued by there being a Smackdown vs Raw demo!

Also, Bomberman Act Zero costs more than Fallout 3.

My PvsZ doesn't work anymore on my new Slim, anyone else have that problem? (Since we are on the topic of free games from different countries)

I used a month of gold card and did not work. This is a bummer since i never use this account... Oh well wasted a month worth of live for nothing.

There are some nice exclusive to japan and uk stuff so it is always nice to check them. The uk has the uk exclusive only batman AA map pack for free to! I dig the free theme of avatar on the japan side as well. I also dig the gi joe free theme and picture pack that is free. I been collecting the neat freebies from uk and japan for about 3-4 months now. They even put out demos early at times before the us does. Hell the uk has a sweet demo like the olympics i loved the bow and arrow part of it alot.

bread's done
Back