EA's New Years 2011 Digital Download Sale for PC Games

MysterD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
176 (100%)
EA - Digital Download Sale for New Year's 2011

This sale is going on until Jan 2nd.

44% off NUMEROUS games on their site.

Highlighting some games included on this sale...

Black and White 2: Battle of the Gods [expansion] = $5.57
Mirror's Edge = $5.57
Burnout: Paradise - The Ultimate Box = $8.37
The Saboteur = $8.37
Dead Space = $11.17
Create = $16.77

Battlefield 2 - Complete [BF2 + All Booster Packs] = $11.17
Battlefield 2142 - Deluxe Edition [BF 2142 + Northern Strike booster pack] = $8.37
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 = $11.17
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Digital Deluxe [BF:BC2 + BF:BC2 Vietnam] = $27.97

C&C 3: Tiberium Wars = $8.37
C&C 3: Kane's Wrath [expansion] = $8.37
C&C 4: Tiberium Twilight = $11.17
C&C: Red Alert 3 = $11.17
C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising [stand-alone expansion] = $8.37

Crysis = $13.97
Crysis: Warhead = $8.37

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition [DA:O + All 9 DLC's] = $27.97
DAO = $11.17
DAO - Digital Deluxe [DAO + Stone Prisoner + Warden's Keep + Blood Dragon Armor + soundtrack] = $13.97
DAO - Awakening [expansion] = $8.97

Mass Effect = $8.37
ME2 = $11.17
ME2 - Digital Deluxe Edition = $13.97

Medal of Honor: Airbourne = $5.57
Medal of Honor (2010) - Digital Deluxe Edition [MOH (2010) + Hot Zone Map Pack] = $33.57

The Sims 3 [original] = $22.37
The Sims 3: Ambitions [expansion] = $16.77
The Sims 3: Late Night [expansion] = $22.37
The Sims 3: World Adventures [expansion] = $16.77
The Sims 3: Fast Lane - Stuff Pack = $11.17
The Sims 3: High End Loft - Stuff Pack = $11.17

NFS: Carbon - Digital Collector's Edition = $5.57
NFS: Pro Street = $5.57
NFS: Pro Street - Collector's Edition Upgrade [requires NFS: ProStreet]= $5.57
NFS: Shift = $16.77
NFS: Undercover = $5.57
NFS: World MMO - Starter Kit Pack = $11.17
NFS: Hot Pursuit = $27.97

Spore = $13.97
Spore: Creature Creator = $2.77
Spore: Creepy and Cute Parts Pack = $5.57
Spore: Galactic Adventures [expansion] = $16.77

[quote name='agentofdoom']does any one want to find out of that recyclebank 10 dollar off coupon works with these prices? :)[/QUOTE]

What's this all about...?

Kind of crazy that a competing service(Steam) has had better deals on some of those games. I just do not get that from a business point of view.

[quote name='agentofdoom']does any one want to find out of that recyclebank 10 dollar off coupon works with these prices? :)[/QUOTE]
The Recyclebank coupon (which was removed from the rewards on RB's site, by the way) doesn't work on any sale prices, only the full price. Was that way before this sale started, and I imagine it will stay that way.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278843 for those not in the know.

I don't know if it stacks, but there's a recycling website thread somewhere on cag where you can get $10 off EA PC games without too much effort. You can use it for multiple items in one transaction and it'll apply for each item

[quote name='jamezuva']I don't know if it stacks, but there's a recycling website thread somewhere on cag where you can get $10 off EA PC games without too much effort. You can use it for multiple items in one transaction and it'll apply for each item[/QUOTE]

They removed the $10 off thing from their site a few days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about biting on DA: Ultimate since they also sent me a 25% code for my birthday a few days ago. Total would be 20 and some change... good deal?

[quote name='spdronin']Thinking about biting on DA: Ultimate since they also sent me a 25% code for my birthday a few days ago. Total would be 20 and some change... good deal?[/QUOTE]

That's a fantastic deal.

DA:O was fantastic.
DA:O - Awakening was quite good, despite it feeling very rushed.

I can't speak on most of the DLC's really, though.

[quote name='drkpendragon']I just love that EA sells its own games for a higher price than competing services.[/QUOTE]

That's typical of all publishers. They fall too much in love with their own stuff and think that MSRP should stick for years.

[quote name='Vegan']That's typical of all publishers. They fall too much in love with their own stuff and think that MSRP should stick for years.[/QUOTE]

Except that publishers decide the steam prices, not Valve. The same people are setting the prices for both services. Its a matter of understanding the audiences of each service and price discriminating between each group. EA's website is gonna be visited by regular customers who will be impressed by any price drop at all whereas Steam users are more likely to be CAGs who will impulse buy for cheap but be otherwise unimpressed. If anyones really curious of the underlying principles PM me but Ive already typed far too much on my Ipod.

never really liked EA's download service, but the fact that they price it higher than steam at the same time makes you wonder if they are trying to make it fail

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']Except that publishers decide the steam prices, not Valve.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? When Super Meat Boy was $3.75 just a couple weeks after launch and everyone got pissed, Team Meat stated that they were just as surprised as anyone else.

[quote name='Cantatus']A digital version of Awakenings should work with a retail version of Dragon Age, right?[/QUOTE]

There should be no problems with using a digital version of Awakening with a retail copy of Origins. I bought a retail copy of the DA:O and used the EA Downloader to install. Bought a digital copy of Awakening, and it installed with no problems whatsoever.

[quote name='Vegan']Are you sure? When Super Meat Boy was $3.75 just a couple weeks after launch and everyone got pissed, Team Meat stated that they were just as surprised as anyone else.[/QUOTE]

I am quite sure. Either someone at Team Meat wasn't doing their job or it was someone unrelated to the pricing process making the comments. Heres an interesting blog post regarding the process:

http://gamegirl.5elements.net/2009/07/steam-who-sets-the-prices/

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dragon Age Ultimate price is a good one, IMO. Not sure what is was during the week on steam, but currently it is 10 bucks more there. I started the game on the 360 and got so frustrated with the control that I stopped. I hope to finished the game and the DLC on the PC version.

For those interested in BC2 - GET IT.

Though get the vietnam expansion and game separately. Digital Deluxe Edition is about $2 more than if you were to get the game and expansion separately.

Those prices suck. You can get them a lot cheaper during Steam and Amazon sales. Like 50% cheaper or more on some games. Seeing as how I already don't like how EA just pumps out some games (Need For Speed) regardless of quality while ruining other franchises (Command and Conquer, NBA Live) I wouldn't ever buy from the EA store.

[quote name='Lucky13']Those prices suck. You can get them a lot cheaper during Steam and Amazon sales. Like 50% cheaper or more on some games. Seeing as how I already don't like how EA just pumps out some games (Need For Speed) regardless of quality while ruining other franchises (Command and Conquer, NBA Live) I wouldn't ever buy from the EA store.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention EA Downloader is a pain in the ass.

so i have one of those cool $10 ea mega codes taht takes $10 off every pc game in ur cart, im feeling drunk rite now so imma give a code away 2 the first dude taht pms me. ahahahahah i

[quote name='Lucky13']Those prices suck. You can get them a lot cheaper during Steam and Amazon sales. Like 50% cheaper or more on some games. Seeing as how I already don't like how EA just pumps out some games (Need For Speed) regardless of quality while ruining other franchises (Command and Conquer, NBA Live) I wouldn't ever buy from the EA store.[/QUOTE]
Best price posted on original crysis in awhile.

bread's done
Back