Easy Achievement 360 Games

[quote name='radjago']

I'd have to disagree about NFS: Most Wanted. They're spread pretty far apart and they increase in value as the challenge increases. Those last couple races were insane (30 minutes chases).[/quote]

That is true the last couple are difficult, but you can always use the old "driving onto the top of the bus shelter" trick if you need to.;)

I netted an easy 700 points playing through BioShock.

Would have been more if I had bothered to do more research and inventing.

[quote name='pentapenguin']Hi.

Simple question...I did search and found one thread from a while ago so I wanted to ask again...what are some 360 games that have easy achievements?

I've heard about Eragon, King Kong, X-men...any others?

No I'm NOT one of those achievement lovers...I just want to rack up a few easy achievements and boost my score above 1000 since I don't have a lot of game playing time. :(

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Dumb question - I'm new to the 360 and I'm slowly gaining achievements...is there any advantage to getting over 1000?

[quote name='eshbums']Dumb question - I'm new to the 360 and I'm slowly gaining achievements...is there any advantage to getting over 1000?[/QUOTE]
No, Achievement points gain you nothing tangible in any quantity.

[quote name='eshbums']Dumb question - I'm new to the 360 and I'm slowly gaining achievements...is there any advantage to getting over 1000?[/quote]

they're just nerd points, don't actually net you anything. (unless MS has another gamerscore rewards contest wherein you have to accrue a certain number by a certain date and they give you MS points or XBLA game.)

Either way, you'll have 1000 points in a couple weeks, tops.

Back when they did the "improve your gamerscore" contest you needed 10,000 points to be in the top tier.

Disney's Meet the Robinsons is getting cheap now, and it's a fun action/adventure game. I got 890 points after a 6-7 hour playthrough. Also enjoyed myself whilst doing it.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Any games I can get a bunch of points in over a weekend? No sports/kids' games, please.[/quote]
I got Eragon for $10 at GameStop with a coupon. I think it might take about ~10 hours or so to complete. It's a pretty good game so far.

[quote name='pentapenguin']Bragging rights to your friends. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I have friends that have been obsessed with increasing their gamer score. Mostly by playing lots of random sports games and "kid" games. Their gamer scores would be impressive if I didn't have a way to check what games they got 1000 on or how they got it.

Not to be a dick, but a guy with 1000+ achievement points in a game like Gears of War (aka ZewOne) has more to brag about than a guy with 20,000+ points which were mostly made up of sports and "kid" games.

Any "2006" sports title, specifically the 2k6 games. You can rack up 5000 points easily from playing Madden 06, NBA Live 2006, NBA 2k6, NHL 2k6, & King Kong (well, this one takes about 5-7 hours, but it's very easy).

not sure what the obsession is with achievements

i have a guy on my friends list who is at 46,000...i'm at 1,080 - big effin whoop.

[quote name='Damian']No, Achievement points gain you nothing tangible in any quantity.[/quote]

Well, there's that Xbox achievements contest site. But it's been dormant for months and months. Microsoft seems to have pulled the plug on that lousy shit after the first Old Spice challenge.

I view achievement points differently than most. I don't look at the total score I look at individual ones that would seem cool to have on my list. I have a few friends who have TMNT madden 06 etc points and I consider my Crackdown "Orb Hunter" and "Free Runner" achievements to be more of value. Anyway I would have to say Fight Night Round 3 is very easy and I enjoyed the game.

[quote name='Odenat']I view achievement points differently than most. I don't look at the total score I look at individual ones that would seem cool to have on my list. I have a few friends who have TMNT madden 06 etc points and I consider my Crackdown "Orb Hunter" and "Free Runner" achievements to be more of value. Anyway I would have to say Fight Night Round 3 is very easy and I enjoyed the game.[/QUOTE]

While I mostly agree, I will throw out there that TMNT is pretty good game.

Friend and I were talking about gamer score and how some are ridiculasly high, and was wondering, what are some of the easiest games to get gamer scores on? I see alot of 1000/1000 for TMNT. Basically, what are the easiest games to get points with (not that I would be doing any of the easy games, more so was just corious).

Thanks

[quote name='REL1203']Yeah, i do remember now hearing about Madden 06 being super easy to get some points with[/QUOTE]
Simulate the seasons. Get all the achievements in 30 mins or something like that. Remember seeing it on Cheat on G4TV.

Sports games and movie license games are usually the easiest. EA developed games are known for easy points.

I bet if Microsoft sold acheivement points for MS points some people would actually buy them.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is pretty easy as well. You're guaranteed something like 600 points for playing through the story mode. The rest comes from character missions and time trials, but 600 is nothing to sneeze at for something that takes a couple of hours.

Yeah, I believe you get 1000/1000 in King Kong simply by beating the game, difficulty level being irrelevant. I think it's five levels times two hundred points each. I keep meaning to play the game (got it cheap on eBay), but always wind up neglecting it for more recent and stingier titles.

EDIT: The Namco retro XBLA titles (Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga, at least) are pretty easy 200/200 games, as they allow you to continue and go as far into the game as you'd like (with only your score being reset). And since they don't have any sort of online besides leaderboards (grrr...), you don't even need to sweat earning a single point through competition.

A couple that come to mind that weren't mentioned:

Prey and BioShock are pretty easy since you can't die. And in the case of BioShock, the game was a blast to play through.

CSI- Hard Evidence was really easy too. It's five episodes, and you get 200 points for each episode completed, regardless of score. It will take you about 5 hours.

Prey will net you 750 points for beating it on "Hard" (or whatever it's called) and getting the Achievements for the (intentionally?) crappy arcade games that you get a couple stabs at during the game's most excellent narrative.*

I should be shot (or impaled by giant alien spike machines) for spending $60 on that, just for a 360 fix 'back in the day'. Hell, they already turned me into a mindless drone with that purchase.

*--Honestly, the semi-hidden Art Bell faux-"Coast to Coast AM" broadcasts were much more interesting than the actual story, and they were kind of the carrot that kept me going. Those, and the cheap Achievement points, of course.

Fantastic 4 ROTSS is an easy 1000, rent it though cos it's not great, although I got some enjoyment playing through it.

The Darkness is worth about 650 I'd say for playing through the story, I'm really enjoying it.

COD2 while not the easiest of 1000, is possible with a bit of patience, at least you can get all the points just playing through the single player. Plus you should be able to pick it up dirt cheap by now.

I've had my 360 for only a few weeks, but my score is almost 3000. I am absolutely addicted to getting these things, and they give me tons of incentive even after beating a game, since now people can actually see what I have done. Wish 360 would get some NIS games, I bet they would have crazy achievements....300 hours played etc...

But i would much rather have a high score filled with higher quality games, than a ton of shitty rentals just so I can pad the numbers.

just a question about that xsata thing i usually see a option to save to another device why not just save to a usb key or something and use the save?

My Gamerscore is 2060. I got the EASIEST achievement ever last night. Its from The Simpsons Game. It gives you 5 points just for pushing start to play the game lol.

The only game I've actually gone for acheivements on was Dead Rising.

I highly recommend it, I had a blast getting my Saint Acheivement, and I just figured out Frank the Pimp today, which was a blast.

I don't know what my gamerscore is. I think it's around 7k.

If you want to know, click on my thing over there

Mines around 7556 or something like that. The only easy achievements I have are a total of like 1300 or so from Shrek The Third and Madden 06. But I work for my achievements. Right now I'm kind of trying for 100 hours in DOA4. I think I'm around 80 hours.
Anybody know how to see your time in that game?

I know i'll be destroyed for asking this, but;

Does anyone else dislike achievement points?

It has got to be my least favorite thing about this generation. For me, I don't like to have things unfinished and it feels like if I don't have 100% achievement points I didn't really even play the game. Even if I hate the game I feel as if I need all the points. But I don't do it, because I really don't care for achievement points, but then it makes me feel crappy.

I wish they could remove the number and just have the achievements.

I like the idea of getting achievement points, but only if I get them myself. Simming games or using save files just seems like cheating to me. I love to be playing a game and them BAM, achievement reached, as it makes me feel like I'm doing something good. I do use points to compare with friends on my friendslist (since most of them are IRL friends) just to compare and contrast on who plays what, who's good at what, and what I need to check out.

But cheating on them....what's the fun in that?

[quote name='Mrcapcom']just a question about that xsata thing i usually see a option to save to another device why not just save to a usb key or something and use the save?[/QUOTE]

Because thats for memory card. You cant copy to usb key.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']My Gamerscore is 2060. I got the EASIEST achievement ever last night. Its from The Simpsons Game. It gives you 5 points just for pushing start to play the game lol.[/QUOTE]
new Viva Pinata gives you 10 points for entering Konami code.

6,470 easisest achiment..TMNT casue it was the first time i beat a game in one sitting and i got like 900pts for it

I have a friend who has over 70,000 achievement points, and he had them legit. He's had the 360 since launch. He rents games thru Gamefly, and he buys almost every Live arcade game.

The only 'cheating' he does is that his girlfriend plays some of the puzzle, and other light arcade games for him under his gamertag.

I'll definately go a bit out of my way to unlock achievements in a game I bought or rented to actually play through, but I'm glad to say I've never bought or rented for the sole purpose of boosting my gamerscore. Seriously, who cares? When I compare my gaming merits with friends, I look at game by game anyways, not the total.

bread's done
Back