Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard - Gen. Discussion & Info

eh, it falls into the trap of becoming what you spoof. Its a generic third person shooter with some humor that more often that not falls flat so far. I will give it that on the medium difficulty that its a bit challenging but I would be pissed if it cost me full price to rent it. This will quickly hit the $15 range

It's one of those games that should have started at $29.99 Granted that's still too much for me to pay for it, but when it drops to $15 - $20, I'll probably buy it.

Well, needless to say, I bought it and thought it was worth full price. At times it is weird to move past certain areas, like you can switch the camera from focusing on the left side to the right and at times that big old giant circular pad on his arm gets in the way of aiming. But was an all around fun game. When you beat it you unlock a hard mode which im currently trying to get past and it is quite a challenge

^

good to hear you are enjoying it. I having been looking forward to this game for awhile and forgot it was coming out in March. I am probably going to wait until next week before picking up the game.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Its really repetitive, i recommend a rental or wait til it drops to $20 ish.

its fun, but gets old a bit too fast :([/quote]

agreed, $20 is the sweet spot for the entertainment

Great game, definitely didn't expect it to be that good. The gameplay, I'd say is mediocre, but the humor in the game is more than enough to make up for that. The game itself isn't horrible, and the story is alright.. I'd definitely consider a purchase at around $20 - $30; wouldn't pay full price, though.

I have the PS3 version, but I'll drop in on this thread to tell you they actually did record specific dialog for trophies instead of achievements (for those of you that have played, you know what I mean, I won't spoil it for others).

[quote name='yukafls']Well, needless to say, I bought it and thought it was worth full price. At times it is weird to move past certain areas, like you can switch the camera from focusing on the left side to the right and at times that big old giant circular pad on his arm gets in the way of aiming. But was an all around fun game. When you beat it you unlock a hard mode which im currently trying to get past and it is quite a challenge[/QUOTE]

LOL, at the difficulty selection, do the konami code and it will unlock hard mode off the bat. Cute touch.

I am REALLY enjoying this game so far, i just got to the dexter part and got too tired to keep on playing. I played Madworld right before this but this game seems like such a good time, that im going to finish it first. Comedy is excellent and tons of achievements.

The thing about this game is that the devs can't lose. If it continues to get mediocre reviews they can just turn around and go "that's what we MEANT to do!".

I want to play this because it seems funny as hell but I can't shake the idea that it's just going to be so disappointingly average, we'll see. The gameplay has to be good because otherwise if it's just a funny game, I'll just watch clips of it played on Youtube. I would love to see copies get put on sale for 20 and am holding out.

I just finished it. Really, this is a FUN game. Its asking a lot for 60 bucks tho. I'd say the perfect rental for this year so far. I got 835 achievements in a single playthrough on easy, loved the comedy, voice acting was AWESOME, and i felt the game played just fine. It wasn't anything extraordinary, but its a fun one-time through and i REALLY hope they make a sequel, some of the comedy in it is hillarious.

I'd give the game a B+, even on easy a few things were a lot more difficult then i imagined, but a good challenge and i never got frustrated.

I'm playing through the game and so far its... OK.

The AI is pretty stupid at best, they just stand there and shoot at you. But then I guess you're supposed to accept all the games problems as "its supposed to be that way, you're supposed to be IN a video game, remember?"
Also the game is pretty linear so you shouldn't get stuck anywhere.

But my big issue is that you can't really tell when you're going to die. The screen will glitch a bit and then go black and white but sometimes it happens so fast that you sometimes end up dying before you realize you need to find cover.

The game is simple. Clear out enemies room by room. Then do it over and over. The fact that the game is SUPPOSED to be a video game will allow you to accept random spawning baddies.

Overall, its fun, but it doesn't do ENOUGH of what its trying to do in my opinion. They should have gone over the top with the "being in a video game" concept. Too many times you'll just feel like you're in a average third person shooter before the next cutscene when they remind you, "Hey, don't for get, this is supposed to be a video game"

I played through the game in 2 sittings and thought it was pretty 'meh'. Like Farm said, it doesnt do enough of what it's trying to do, and really comes off as average. In no way is it worth 60.00, but if you like easy cheesemints, its worth a rental. You get about 200 points just for beating the game on easy.

Oh and the disappearing cover is terrible.

bread's done
Back