Eb-$10 Games!Harvest Moon/Star Trek Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Sigh, this is gonna make me go to EB on a daily basis....

EVERYDAY THEIR MORNING UPDATES WILL DROP A GAME TO $10!!!!

Usually this price drop will last for 1 day...USED Will be reduced to $4.89 on most cases...

THE LIST SO FAR:

$20
Sonic Rush ADV 2 (DS)

$15
Nervous Brickdown[DS}

$10
Resident Evil: UC (wii)
NHL 2K8 (360)
Blacksite (PS3)
Guitar Hero (360)
Guitar Hero 3 (game only) (Ps2)
Rock Band (Ps2)
Manhunt 2 (wii)
Timeshift [PS3/360] :cry:
TC New Blood [Wii] :D
Touch the dead[DS] -> :) (could be $15)
Legend of the dragoon[Wii] :D
Alien Syndrom[Wii] :D
SC: legend[Wii] :D
Blacksite area 51[PS3/360] :cry:
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption[Wii]:cry:
Battalion Wars 2[Wii] :D
Chibi robo[DS] :D
Virtua fighter 5 online [360] :cry: (I'm not sure about the PS3 version)
Motor Storm[PS3] :D
Sonic Rider [Wii] :D
Sonic Secret Rings[Wii] :D
Fantastic 4 :D (I've only seen used copies at $4.89, suggesting its still available)
UNcharted [PS3] :roll: YMMV (most likely not available)
Conan [PS3] :D
Hellgate (Collector's edition) [PC] :D
$5
DQ Joker :D
Jam session :D
Master of Illusions[DS] -> :) $10

[quote name='SumDumRetard']There's a stigma attached to RFD and there seems to be a fair amount of users going against the backlash. People who openly spout how they grabbed 20-30 of a game are now vilified rather then applauded for their actions.

Of course this doesn't always happen but I'd like to think most users on CAG understand that if you do horde, you don't boast about it and the trend seems to be applying on other sites now as well.

However there really needs to be a drop in this whole "CAG is better then RFD" attitude that's going around here, we aren't better then RFD and RFD isn't better then us, the whole purpose of these sites is to announce good deals for hardworking people that deserve a break once in awhile.

If someone wants to comment on a PM they attempted, it's their business. People have no right to whine and complain about how they attempted to actually get a deal that would normally be out of reach.

It's funny we complain about RFD here alot but I can guarantee a number of users here openly grab as many copies of the sales as they can, they are just smart enough not to post it.[/quote]

I agree 100%

There is absolutely no need for the "us and them" attitudes. Many CAGs are RFDers as well (notably the ones doing the majority of the complaining on this site) What most people here are unwilling to acknowledge is that a good percentage of the deals found in this section of the CAG forums were originally posted on RFD (and vice versa).

As far as hoarding is concerned, it isn't condoned on either site but it happens.
Common sense suggests that if more people are exposed to a deal, shelves will clear faster and inevitably more hoarding will occur.

Remember that this site is viewable by unregistered users. There's nothing to stop someone viewing this site from doing the same thing. If you want to keep something between you and your friends, you have that right, but don't do it in an open forum and expect it to stay that way.

Incessantly whining about RFD or having an anti- RFD signature accomplishes nothing and just makes you look like an a**hole.:roll:

I saw a sick site today,

I was in ebgames checkin out the Manhunt 2 deal and another guy walks in buys 3 copies of manhunt 2 and 3 copies of there left over DQM:J. Then i headed over to walmart and on my way out i see this same guy trying to return all 6 games to walmart claiming he lost the reciept.

Picked up GH3 360 used for 4.99. Great deal. Now I need a guitar though. EB sells used wireless ones for $40...but I'd rather spend 20-30

[quote name='mp3sn']Some f**ker bought all 13 copies at Oakridge (8 new + 5 used) :bomb:

I am so pissed off......[/quote]

Wow I would've said something if I saw him do that. I don't even want the game though.

But eh, hope I can get there early enough to grab UC.

[quote name='afterburn999']I saw a sick site today,

I was in ebgames checkin out the Manhunt 2 deal and another guy walks in buys 3 copies of manhunt 2 and 3 copies of there left over DQM:J. Then i headed over to walmart and on my way out i see this same guy trying to return all 6 games to walmart claiming he lost the reciept.[/quote]

I really hope the cashier there is not that retarded.

gonna pick up a couple copies of used rather than one new, i will give my brother one of my GH2 guitars, he likes these games, i also got the "free" disturbed tracks for rockband, check out the main video game deal part of the forum if you havent, before they fix that.

also, afterburn999, you should have said something, make him regret it, than let eb know what he tried to do. I'm not sure if that is even legal.

I was in ebgames checkin out the Manhunt 2 deal and another guy walks in buys 3 copies of manhunt 2 and 3 copies of there left over DQM:J. Then i headed over to walmart and on my way out i see this same guy trying to return all 6 games to walmart claiming he lost the reciept.[/quote]

That is so wrong.....

I think it's fine if you want to buy a game cheap and then trade it in to BBV or whoever for a profit, but trying to return it to Walmart is total fraud......

Horrible, looks like I'll miss out on Rock Band PS2. It would have been worth it, just for the extra songs with my Guitar Hero controllers. Alas.

The EB thread on RFD is making me a bit queazy. Buying eight copies of Guitar Hero 3 is not something you should be patting yourself on the back for. I've nothing against the site, they help me find a lot of great deals. But sometimes.. heh, the hoarders are a bit much.

I was in ebgames checkin out the Manhunt 2 deal and another guy walks in buys 3 copies of manhunt 2 and 3 copies of there left over DQM:J. Then i headed over to walmart and on my way out i see this same guy trying to return all 6 games to walmart claiming he lost the reciept.[/QUOTE]

Did he succeed?? I hope not. That's what makes RFD the worst site to post a deal. I never bother to check that site for deals anymore, as all the hoarders are there lurking, just by seeing 1 reply for the thread while 2,0000000 views. I don't mind buying games for other or for myself or once in a while trading it in, but literally clearing out all the games and trying to commit fraud, is bad enough. One of these days, Redflagdeals will get audited on the BBB for encouraging fraud.

[quote name='mp3sn']That is so wrong.....

I think it's fine if you want to buy a game cheap and then trade it in to BBV or whoever for a profit, but trying to return it to Walmart is total fraud......[/quote]So depriving a fellow CAG of a a deal to turn a personal profit is OK, while defrauding a corporation that pulled in 11+billion last year (that's PROFIT) is not?

Wow. Of course legally speaking you're completely correct. Its flat out fraud. I'm just surprised that people feel its OK to put others at a disadvantage for personal gain just because it isn't illegal. When did treating your fellow (wo)man in a manner you'd like to be treated fall out of style? Especially on a board created specifically for helping each other out!

I don't commit fraud and I don't hoard--I'm not trying to push the "screw the man" agenda here, or a "Walmart is epic fail", or whatever the phrase is today.

If you feel taking advantage of these deals just to flip them for profit is A-OK, you might want to keep that to yourself on these boards, or even in general....just say'n.

My perspective's always been this:
- buying a game to trade in that nobody else will want (I remember the good 'ol days where crap like Paintball qualified for Trade 3) = OK
- buying a game to trade in that people would actually want= asshat

I've always left games for other people so other potential customers can enjoy them. Nowadays tho, it seems less and less likely those other people actually buy these games to play.

Speaking of, I think I'm going to grab RE:UC, so I can send it to family in the US.

[quote name='Firestorm']My perspective's always been this:
- buying a game to trade in that nobody else will want (I remember the good 'ol days where crap like Paintball qualified for Trade 3) = OK
- buying a game to trade in that people would actually want= asshat[/quote]
Amen. I got a PS3 during the EB insano "we'll give you $20 for every trade-in, and if its not on our list we'll still give you $10" deal. My first foray into trading to a retail store, and all I had to use were terrible games from BBV like aquaman!

That soon ended and the next deal I took advantage of was a Roger's 2/40 with FFXII. I bought 2 copies and felt like an ass. Later a friend of mine complained he couldn't find any copies around town. I'd already traded mine in and felt like a bigger ass. Swore I'd never buy popular games just to trade and stuck with it.

Just wish more people would return the favour.

I went in today and was lucky enough to find Trauma Centre, so I picked that up. There were a couple used copies of GH3 on 360 that were there...and I almost bought it - but I just doubt I'll ever get around to picking up a guitar for it. And I already have it on PS2...so I don't really need it (just an awesome price is all).

My buddy from BBV just told me that some asshole came in and wanted to trade in a good 30 copies of GHIII, manager had to come in and refuse the damn thing and the guy wouldn't leave until he got his god-given right to scam everyone.

Yech.

And I'd pick up Manhunt II if I hadn't finished it already.

[quote name='kathos']My buddy from BBV just told me that some asshole came in and wanted to trade in a good 30 copies of GHIII, manager had to come in and refuse the damn thing and the guy wouldn't leave until he got his god-given right to scam everyone.

Yech.

And I'd pick up Manhunt II if I hadn't finished it already.[/quote]

Assholes like that ruin it for everyone. When it comes to flipping, I try not to buy more than one copy, and I play each game for a little bit at the very least. Flipping just for profit can be silly, but playing the game then flipping it for a profit is a great deal for CAGers.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Did he succeed?? I hope not. That's what makes RFD the worst site to post a deal. I never bother to check that site for deals anymore, as all the hoarders are there lurking, just by seeing 1 reply for the thread while 2,0000000 views. I don't mind buying games for other or for myself or once in a while trading it in, but literally clearing out all the games and trying to commit fraud, is bad enough. One of these days, Redflagdeals will get audited on the BBB for encouraging fraud.[/quote]

Jump to conclusions much? Sure, it is well known that hoarding occurs on RFD, but for all we know this could've been you, me, or a fellow CAG. Don't assume, it's the brother (mother?) of all ****-ups. Yeah, let's definitely audit a community deal site because a handful of individuals buy games and sell them for profit:whistle2:s

[quote name='game_fanatic']Jump to conclusions much? Sure, it is well known that hoarding occurs on RFD, but for all we know this could've been you, me, or a fellow CAG. Don't assume, it's the brother (mother?) of all ****-ups. Yeah, let's definitely audit a community deal site because a handful of individuals buy games and sell them for profit:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true RFDer, who think that only a small minority are recking the community. Most of the community are hoarders or stealth members who never post, but when see a deal click on a thread like crazy. If you brag about hoarding here, you won't win much sympathy from me or some other CAGers. That's the reason why most ex-RFDers left RFD for CAG, cuz of the hoarders ruining the buying pleasure for some. Also you got majohnmaniac, the greatest RFD spammer there.

hmmm so far kinda disappointed in the 360 games on sale, but its probably a good thing I got a huge backlog of games to play. How long is this deal suppose to last?

[quote name='collector42']So depriving a fellow CAG of a a deal to turn a personal profit is OK, while defrauding a corporation that pulled in 11+billion last year (that's PROFIT) is not?

Wow. Of course legally speaking you're completely correct. Its flat out fraud. I'm just surprised that people feel its OK to put others at a disadvantage for personal gain just because it isn't illegal. When did treating your fellow (wo)man in a manner you'd like to be treated fall out of style? Especially on a board created specifically for helping each other out!

I don't commit fraud and I don't hoard--I'm not trying to push the "screw the man" agenda here, or a "Walmart is epic fail", or whatever the phrase is today.

If you feel taking advantage of these deals just to flip them for profit is A-OK, you might want to keep that to yourself on these boards, or even in general....just say'n.[/quote]

I said A GAME. Not hoarding like 10 copies....
I don't see how buying a game for play or buying a game as a cheap-ass gift or buying a game for whatever hell one wants to do with it makes a difference. As long as one doesn't hoard.

Also, what you just said is that you buying a games just because you're playing it does not put others at a disadvantage? Does that mean if there is only 1 copy of a game in the store you would leave it behind so someone else can enjoy it instead of you?

Is this canada only?
definitely interested in Resident Evil UC

Nevermind, I see which section i'm in now.
I knew this deal was too good to be true.

thanks, I missed the last one at Morningside and 401 but what made me made is I went there on Saturday, and the employee said they only had used ones and I doubt they received shipments of this game. Even with motorstorm, they tried to sell me a new one when there was clearly a new one available for 10cent (not much i know), but new is better.

So i went to EB at woodside and picked up what I needed including the Rock Band game for PS2, since I already have a guitar hero controller, and logitech microphone.

Metrotown EB Games has a couple of new Trauma Centres still for $10 and a couple of GH3 new as well if anyone is looking for them.

[quote name='mp3sn']I said A GAME. Not hoarding like 10 copies....
I don't see how buying a game for play or buying a game as a cheap-ass gift or buying a game for whatever hell one wants to do with it makes a difference. As long as one doesn't hoard.

Also, what you just said is that you buying a games just because you're playing it does not put others at a disadvantage? Does that mean if there is only 1 copy of a game in the store you would leave it behind so someone else can enjoy it instead of you?[/quote]They're just opinions; wasn't calling you out.

I never said anything about hoarding 10 copies--just that I don't hoard. I was initially going to write "'I'm just surprised that people on a video game enthusiast forum feel its OK to put others at a disadvantage strictly for personal financial gain just because it isn't illegal.", but I thought that was getting a little wordy.

The difference is that I'm happy to hear that someone gets the game other than me as long as they PLAY IT. If they buy it solely to flip, that pisses me off. The slogan under that banner up left reads "never pay full price for your video games, gaming hardware, and more!", not "HOT HOT HOT!! Buy up $10 games, never play them, and like totally flip them for the monie$!!!"

Did you ever lust after some hottie in school, that you would do anything for but could never get with? The gal who that shit-head jock was dating who totally didn't care about her? The guy who didn't treat her right and sold her on the street for smack? Yah? Then you should understand the pain that is a quality game gone unplayed by a CAG only to be flipped for $$$. ;)

wasn't calling you a hoarder--just ranting in general.

peace.

CAG is not free of lurkers or hoarders. The main difference is that the lurking and hoarding happens on a much greater scale on RFD, and if someone on there brags about buying 30 copies of GH3, they're more likely to get support. Over here on CAG people who hoard are vilified, so they stay silent. Another difference is that MJM posts on RFD, which really fills up a thread with mostly useless info.

But I agree with this by collector42:

The slogan under that banner up left reads "never pay full price for your video games, gaming hardware, and more!", not "HOT HOT HOT!! Buy up $10 games, never play them, and like totally flip them for the monie$!!!"

Since when did RFD turned into Red Flag Flip? Totally ruins the definition of a "deal." Maybe it's just me, but I get a little thrill out of running to the nearest store and grabbing an awesome deal or price-match (I think it's called retail therapy.) ;) Price-matching a game for peanuts then trading it in to BBV and getting a $60 game for $10 seems kind of "fake" to me.

Wow. Reading some of the stories here is pretty sick. But EB staff should be cuffed upside the head for letting one person buy 13 copies of a game. Any retail employee who doesn't limit quantities on something they know is either in high demand (let's say a Wii) or is a great deal (Guitar Hero for $10) is a moron.

I don't have a big problem if someone buys one copy of a cheap game and decides to flip it... But even that kinda bugs me. At least buy games you can play. Personally, I'm buying a lot of stuff through this sale to try that I'd never otherwise buy, because I know I can get pretty much what I paid for it in return. I bought GH3 and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, because I already have it on PS2 (but maybe I'll dump the PS2 version).

Unfortunately, while the web is the great informer about deals like this, it also makes them suck. 2/$30 ($40 lately :( ) at Rogers would be awesome if almost every Rogers I've gone to didn't get cleaned out seemingly within hours of opening. I don't know why I've actually managed to score some of these EB deals. I just wish I could have found another copy of Virtua Fighter... I thought about picking it up for a friend and wasn't sure if he had it. By the time I got in touch with him, it was gone.

can we stop the petty infighting?

Stealing money from walmart is worse than flipping one copy or even 30 copies of a game(what a asshole btw) to Blockbuster.

Ever since RFD has come into strong effect the deal has gotten considerably worse due to their hoarding ways. Pricematching 1 copy of a game does not constitute hoarding though.

Getting 7 is. The majority of the RFDers have kept themselves behaved and even bitched out the ones who were out of line.

Gamer should probably lock this thread and start another to see if the bickering will stop. So many pages of people bickering back and forth.

hopefully you guys are right, i'd like to play both manhunt 2 and umbrella ella ella cronicals, i think it is free bus day in guelph too, save yourself some gas money if you live in Guelph :)

[quote name='kathos']My buddy from BBV just told me that some asshole came in and wanted to trade in a good 30 copies of GHIII, manager had to come in and refuse the damn thing and the guy wouldn't leave until he got his god-given right to scam everyone.[/QUOTE]

that's just gross. I'm going to stop in at eb games tomorrow since I need to go to the mall anyways, but I wont hold my breath on finding a gh3 lol.

[quote name='JnJosh']... and umbrella ella ella cronicals... [/quote]

i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

Any word on new games today, or games from yesterday (Guitar Hero, Rock Band) being carried over to today?

[quote name='Lockescythe']can we stop the petty infighting?

Stealing money from walmart is worse than flipping one copy or even 30 copies of a game(what a asshole btw) to Blockbuster.

Ever since RFD has come into strong effect the deal has gotten considerably worse due to their hoarding ways. Pricematching 1 copy of a game does not constitute hoarding though.

Getting 7 is. The majority of the RFDers have kept themselves behaved and even bitched out the ones who were out of line.

Gamer should probably lock this thread and start another to see if the bickering will stop. So many pages of people bickering back and forth.[/quote]I'm done bitching--I agree, let's get this thread back on track and focus on the great deals!

I do feel I have to add (and I promise this is it!) that those people are not "stealing money" from Walmart, they are defrauding them. Walmart is receiving a new product in exchange for their money, or I'm assuming more likely store credit. Still deplorable, but I get hung up on technicalities. ;)

OK--deal time! Sorry for the diversion.

Im not in today at the store but there was 3 games come off the "sale" and 3 games added for today. 2 on ps3 and 1 on 360. I did not see GH3 come off that list. but since im not there to see todays price changes im only going from what information came in last night.

There is still 5-6 copies of GH3 for 360 used at 4.99 and 5 copies new at 9.99 in kitchener sportsworld location

[quote name='NolbertoS']Spoken like a true RFDer, who think that only a small minority are recking the community. Most of the community are hoarders or stealth members who never post, but when see a deal click on a thread like crazy. If you brag about hoarding here, you won't win much sympathy from me or some other CAGers. That's the reason why most ex-RFDers left RFD for CAG, cuz of the hoarders ruining the buying pleasure for some. Also you got majohnmaniac, the greatest RFD spammer there.[/quote]

I'd love to see some numbers that back up your accusations there, bud. What is this "true RFDer" nonsense? Jesus, it's not like I'm part of some sports team or national pride group, it's a deal website, plain and simple. Just shut your mouth, and get on with your life. You don't like RFD? Good for you, no one cares. You don't like the hoarders? Too bad, they're not going anywhere. I am reading this thread to find out about cheap games, not to hear you b*tch and whine about hoarders. Thank God for the ignore button.

[quote name='JnJosh']hopefully you guys are right, i'd like to play both manhunt 2 and umbrella ella ella cronicals, i think it is free bus day in guelph too, save yourself some gas money if you live in Guelph :)[/quote]

Awesome! Thanks! Now I don't have to walk for once! :applause:

so called a couple of ebs.

One said nothing.
One said blacksite has dropped to 9.99 again. And Manhunt 2/Umbrella Chronicles are 9.99.
Another said Umbrella is 9.99 and thats it.
Last one said RE and Manhunt.

So I can confirm RE and Manhunt Wii.

[quote name='Lockescythe']so called a couple of ebs.

One said nothing.
One said blacksite has dropped to 9.99 again. And Manhunt 2/Umbrella Chronicles are 9.99.
Another said Umbrella is 9.99 and thats it.
Last one said RE and Manhunt.

So I can confirm RE and Manhunt Wii.[/quote]

Thanks, Lockescythe. RFD just confirmed Manhunt and RE:UC as well. Any word on the games from yesterday going back to normal price?

I called a local EB, said Blacksite for PS3 was $10 and NHL 2K8 for 360 was $10. Now the question is, do I buy Blacksite again for the PS3, or just keep my Xbox 360 copy??

[quote name='gamer602']smackdown 07-$5
08-$10[/quote]

Save yourself some money and time, pick up the vastly superior 07

It sucks living close enough for the temptation to drive to an EB is there but far enough away from one that the amount of gas used to get there would be over half the savings :(

[quote name='gamer602']Where do you live? there's like 4 EB within 15 mins of where I live.....[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to get Blacksite for ps3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back