EB and Mad Maestro

terribledeli

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I'm visiting an EB at my mall today and just browsing around for cheap games.

I came across the most insane thing I've ever seen...Mad Maestro with a price tag of $52.99 new.

Yes, the same Mad Maestro many of us traded in for store credit.

I wish I had brought my camera because it was so absurd I'm sure many won't believe it. When I asked about it, the clerk told me that sealed copies of the game are rare and that is the reason for the price.

:rofl:

That's pretty good, I love the fact that they bothered to put the price at over $50. I've only seen that before on a used copy of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

I'd have to confirm this tomorrow lol. Did the clerk actually scan the box or did he just give his opinion? Considering EB hasn't sold new games for $52.99 in years, it just sounds like a very outdated price tag.

[quote name='terribledeli']So I'm visiting an EB at my mall today and just browsing around for cheap games.

I came across the most insane thing I've ever seen...Mad Maestro with a price tag of $52.99 new.

Yes, the same Mad Maestro many of us traded in for store credit.

I wish I had brought my camera because it was so absurd I'm sure many won't believe it. When I asked about it, the clerk told me that sealed copies of the game are rare and that is the reason for the price.[/quote]

Sealed copies ARE very rare. Check out this eBay auction that still has 21 hours to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8171103739&rd=1

:hot:

Its probaly a joke. When I use to work at Game Crazy I would mark Madden 64 at $59.99 and out "Very rare Version! Nude Cheerleaders!" and leave it on the counter. It would getstolen each week ;-)

I saw a TRU Exclusive Xbox game, Sneakers on the shelf tagged for $49.99 new.. :shock:
An innocent looking game "innocently" overpriced by EB for parents whom would buy it for their kids..

Maybe he just assumed I didn't realize it was a game that was readily available (one of my wal-marts sells it for $12). Or a joke is possible. Either way, it was pretty damn funny to see it.

bread's done
Back