EB B&M Fall Sale Valid 9/17/04-10/3/04

crucify

CAGiversary!
I know there's already a thread (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31020&start=0) for the online version, but the brick & mortar stores are also having a sale with some similar deals. The cool thing is that you do not need to cut a upc out of your game to send in to get your gift voucher. All you need is the receipt and the coupon that you can get from your local EB. Look for the flyer that says "Fall Sale" at the top. Some deals are automated, some are send-ins. As always, read the small print.

On Sale (New)

Gamecube

F-Zero GX Gamecube $5 off instantly
Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 $5 off instantly
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes $5 off instantly
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 $5 off instantly
The Sims $5 off instantly
Sonic Adventure 2: Sonic Battles $5 off instantly
Soul Calibur 2 $5 off instantly
Spider-Man $5 off instantly
Star Fox Adventures $5 off instantly
Star Wars Rebel Strike Rogue Squadron III $5 off instantly

Playstation 2

The Hobbit $10 off instantly
Lord of the Rings Return of the King $14.99
Medal of Honor Rising Sun $14.99
Rainbox Six 3 $9.99
Silent Hill 3 $9.99
XIII $9.99

Xbox

The Hobbit $10 off instantly
Lord of the Rings Return of the King $14.99
Medal of Honor Rising Sun $14.99

PC

$5 off each of the following titles:
Commandos 3
Deus Ex 2: The Invisible War
Hitman Contracts
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness

On Sale (Pre-Played)

BOGO Free: Buy one pre-played Nintendo 8-bit, Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis Game, get one free. Free game must be of equal or lesser value, natch.

Gamecube

Super Mario Sunshine $12.99

PS2

ATV Off Road Fury 2 $4.99
Enter the Matrix $9.99
Madden 2004 $4.99
NCAA Football 2004 $7.99

Xbox

Enter the Matrix $9.99
Full Spectrum Warrior $29.99
NCAA Football 2004 $7.99
Ninja Gaiden $29.99

Gameboy

Pokemon Blue $4.99
Pokemon Gold $4.99
Pokemon Red $4.99
Pokemon Silver $4.99
Pokemon Yellow $4.99

Gift Vouchers

Buy the qualifying item(s) send in the receipt along with the filled out form that you cut out from the Fall Sale flyer, get a gift voucher back in the mail, good for anything at your local EB.

$10 Gift Vouchers
Alias PS2, Xbox
Delta Force: Blackhawk Down Platinum & Delta Force: Black Hawk Down Team Sabre PC (must be purchased together)
Final Fantasy XI PC & Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia PC (must be purchased together)
Shellshock: Nam '67 PS2, Xbox, PC
Tenchu: Return From Darkness Xbox
Viewtiful Joe 2 Gamecube (pre-order)

Buy 2 of the following Gameboy Advance games to get a $10 voucher:

Banjo Kazooie
Crash Purple
Medal of Honor: Infiltrator
Shrek 2
Sonic Battle
Spider-Man 2
Spyro Orange
Tetris Worlds

$15 Gift Voucher

Buy a Gameboy Advance SP and one of the following games:

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
River City Ransom
Shining Soul
Yu-Gi-Oh! Reshef of Destruction
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Sacred Cards

$20 Gift Vouchers
Eye Toy
Max Payne 2 PS2, Xbox
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain PS2
Van Helsing PS2, Xbox

Other Deals:
Get 40% off a Metro Kit for GBA SP when you purchase any GBA game $19.99 or higher
Get 40% off an AC Adapter for GBA SP when you purchase any GBA game $19.99 or higher
Get $25 trade-in credit for a working GBA
$5 off a 100 ft. ethernet cable
Buy an NGage QD and receive $5 off any NGage game
Free Rise of Nations bonus pack when you purchase Age of Mythology Gold for the PC

A gift voucher is basically a cross between a gift certificate and a coupon. After you've sent the form in and gotten the voucher back, you bring the voucher to your local EB (or EBX). You can then use it to get an $X disount on whatever you buy (X being the amount it's worth).

Example: You get a $15 gift voucher and go to your EB and buy the original Halo. Halo is usually $29.99, but the clerk will put the voucher in as a $15 coupon, so it'll bring the price down to $14.99. This is done pre-tax, so you save a little bit more.

You cannot get cash back, so you need to use the voucher all in one shot, but you can buy multiple items that aren't as much as the gift voucher. So you can buy three $8.99 pre-played GBA games or something. The computer will simply take $5 off each of them, if you have a $15 voucher.

You also cannot use the voucher to buy a gift card, or to fund a pre-order. You can use the voucher on a game that you have pre-ordered once it's released.

The vouchers usually don't expire for at least a year. They're fun, I've used them before with no problems.

I don't think you can use a gift voucher at B&M. It is stated that it is only for ebgames.com only. It is like one of those coupon which can't be combine with any other coupon etc... If you use the GV, you can't use the 15% off or saver for free shipping.

All the deals that I listed in this post are B&M deals. These gift vouchers are ones for use at B&M stores.

[quote name='suko_32']When it says Madden 2004 (PS2) for 4.99, is this a brand new one or a Preowned??[/quote]

Preowned. It is listed under "On Sale (Pre-Played)"

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']How much are the PC games before the $5 off?

I'm looking to get XIII and ATV Offroad Fury 2.[/quote]

I checked the prices today. Tomb Raider & Deus Ex:IW were both $19.99 and Commandos 3 and Hitman Contracts are $29.99. Before the $5.

Went to my local EB and picked up Super Mario SUnshine and Ninja Gaiden for $43. Cost me nothing out of pocket b/c of trade ins. Haven't played SMS yet, but Ninja Gaiden is SHAQ FUING HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Crap, I can't do anything b/c I keep on dying. DANG IT!!!!!!! Also picked up the Halo soundtrack from Wal Mart for $13, awesome thing and highly recommended. (random, but figured it was worth putting in. :D )

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Went to my local EB and picked up Super Mario SUnshine and Ninja Gaiden for $43. Cost me nothing out of pocket b/c of trade ins. Haven't played SMS yet, but Ninja Gaiden is SHAQ FUING HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Crap, I can't do anything b/c I keep on dying. DANG IT!!!!!!! Also picked up the Halo soundtrack from Wal Mart for $13, awesome thing and highly recommended. (random, but figured it was worth putting in. :D )[/quote]

The blocking button works wonders, seriously, not trying to kid, buy Ryu can block from 5 different directions at once

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Went to my local EB and picked up Super Mario SUnshine and Ninja Gaiden for $43. Cost me nothing out of pocket b/c of trade ins. Haven't played SMS yet, but Ninja Gaiden is SHAQ FUING HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Crap, I can't do anything b/c I keep on dying. DANG IT!!!!!!! Also picked up the Halo soundtrack from Wal Mart for $13, awesome thing and highly recommended. (random, but figured it was worth putting in. :D )[/quote]

It gets easier as you get better and start blocking and countering, but it always remains frustratingly hard. It's beatable but difficult with plenty of moments that reap death dozens of times before you get it right. Luckily, they released a patch.....to make the game potentially even harder. Go figure. One of those games I cherish and despise all at the same time. Ninja Gaiden certainly is a throwback to the old days. Very well made though.

Mine had multiple copies of ATV Off Road Fury 2 :) The first one I checked was quite scratched, but the second looked pretty much flawless. Pretty great deal! I've been looking for the price to drop on ATV 2, but I didn't think I'd get it for a price this low. . .

Thanks for posting this deal!

Steve A.

bread's done
Back