EB - B2G1 on DVDs

TimTucker

CAGiversary!
Didn't see anything posted about this yet, but the EBs around here just started B2G1FREE on DVDs again. Didn't see anything indicating how long it's lasting, though.

Stopped by the store today and it looks like the sale was extended until end of July.

Fliers also had a note something to the effect of "price drops on many titles" -- I did notice that the original Star Wars trilogy box set had dropped to $36.99, not sure what else may have dropped.

I hit my local EB this morning for this deal and I think I did pretty well!

"THE BIG PURCHASE"
Toy Story "Toy Box" Set (OOP) - $25.99 - 10% Edge = $23.39
Mallrats (OOP) - $14.99 - 10% Edge = $13.49
Almost Famous: Director's Cut Bootleg Edition - FREE (was marked $14.99, rang up at $9.99 before the B2G1 deal)

"THE LITTLE PURCHASE"
XXX (the older version, not the re-release) - $4.99 - 10% Edge = $4.49
The Majestic - $3.99 - 10% Edge = $3.59
The Corruptor - FREE (rang up at $3.99 before the B2G1 deal)

I'm totally shocked that I was able to find the Toy Box there though!

These B2G1 at EB can be great sometimes. I personally haven't found much, some cheap ol' kung fu movies and a GitS, but my friend has found quite a few Criterion movies. He found the first and second Robocops this way. Thanks for the post OP.

[quote name='heyyoeddie']I hit my local EB this morning for this deal and I think I did pretty well!

"THE BIG PURCHASE"
Almost Famous: Director's Cut Bootleg Edition - FREE (was marked $14.99, rang up at $9.99 before the B2G1 deal)

"THE LITTLE PURCHASE"

I'm totally shocked that I was able to find the Toy Box there though![/QUOTE]
Yeah, awesome finds with the Toy Box and Almost Famous Bootleg! Congrats.

I got Alias Season 3 $12.99 --> free
24 Season 3 $18.99 --> $17.10 after edge discount
and Hitch $14.99 --> $13.49 after edge discount

Alias was the free one

A lot of the TV sets are really cheap, the other Alias and 24 seasons all sell for under 24.99, but my EB didn't have any other box sets.

[quote name='heyyoeddie']I hit my local EB this morning for this deal and I think I did pretty well!

"THE BIG PURCHASE"

"THE LITTLE PURCHASE"

I'm totally shocked that I was able to find the Toy Box there though![/QUOTE]

wow. i've been looking for that toy story box forever. awesome find

I imagine this works on brand new movies, and that they have Miyazaki anime like Nausicaa and Spirited Away for cheap...

...right?

God, I'm a geek. I'd rather watch anime than CSI. And I automatically typed "games" instead of "movies".

[quote name='Blade']I imagine this works on brand new movies, and that they have Miyazaki anime like Nausicaa and Spirited Away for cheap...

...right?

God, I'm a geek. I'd rather watch anime than CSI. And I automatically typed "games" instead of "movies".[/QUOTE]

I assumed it was used DVDs only. I just picked up a ton of Miyazaki dvds from Best Buy and MediaPlay.

Do all of you find it necessary to specify when you used your edge card? A 10% discount is nothing noteworthy in the least, and none of us stand to be impressed that you're using a $5 card that any avid game buyer owns (and buying games in the masses is really dumb anyway). Please stop noting this everytime you buy something and decide to run here and post it, unless it's really relevant to your purchase.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Do all of you find it necessary to specify when you used your edge card? A 10% discount is nothing noteworthy in the least, and none of us stand to be impressed that you're using a $5 card that any avid game buyer owns (and buying games in the masses is really dumb anyway). Please stop noting this everytime you buy something and decide to run here and post it, unless it's really relevant to your purchase.[/QUOTE]

It is relevant, and should be noted when used. One posts all discounts involved to give as accurate an account of the deal as possible. If one omits the fact that a discount was taken, the reader assumes that there was no discount, and therefore thinks that, if they can find the same item, it would be 10% less with the discount card. What about accuracy annoys you so much?

Hmmm, I will go tommorow and hopefully I could find 24 season 2 & 3.. And maybe some anime, they always dump it in some large bin.

[quote name='guessed']It is relevant, and should be noted when used. One posts all discounts involved to give as accurate an account of the deal as possible. If one omits the fact that a discount was taken, the reader assumes that there was no discount, and therefore thinks that, if they can find the same item, it would be 10% less with the discount card. What about accuracy annoys you so much?[/QUOTE]

It just annoys me that some people think they're impressing others by mentioning a lowly 10% discount, but maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture here?

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']It just annoys me that some people think they're impressing others by mentioning a lowly 10% discount, but maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture here?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't really think the point is to impress anyone, just to describe the deal for others who want to get in on it.

Edge cards are retarded unless you're thinking about buying ten Xbox 360s. $5 off a brand new game, big whoop.

If I have to pay more than $50 in one order, then screw it. ;)

Guessed, what ones did you pick up and how much was it? Not over $50 I hope. ;)

for some reason newer dvd sets are not in their system yet and i managed to get the best deal anyone will get out of this.

the office seasons 1,2+ the 2 hr. special $5
dave cheapelle season 2 $5

and drumroll... the craptastic
everybody loves raymond season 4 FREE (for my mom lol)

edit:gg
with my discount card it came to $9 and change... and they were all mint so they were probably stolen or something prior to being traded in

Yeah, TV Shows are usually cheap. They also had Punk'D season 1 for $11, but I'm not a fan of that show. I don't know why anyone would trade in a tv show box set though.

[quote name='Blade']Edge cards are retarded unless you're thinking about buying ten Xbox 360s. $5 off a brand new game, big whoop.[/QUOTE]

How about combining Edge discount + CAG15 for a 25% discount on any used game that you buy online? That's retarded? And how is saving $5 on a brand new game, a bad thing? Maybe CAG isn't the right website for you if you're thinking this way...

For everyone's information, I list the 10% Edge discount to show the complete deal. I think if you see the deal listed that way, you will see that even after just a few purchases, the $5 Edge card is one of the best deals you will find all year.

[quote name='Blade']Edge cards are retarded unless you're thinking about buying ten Xbox 360s. $5 off a brand new game, big whoop.

Guessed, what ones did you pick up and how much was it? Not over $50 I hope. ;)[/QUOTE]

Edge card would do no good on a purchase of ten Xbox 360s. They also don't get you $5 off a brand new game. Do you actually know what an Edge card is, or do you just like to call things you don't understand "retarded"?

I haven't gotten any DVDs from this deal, I haven't been to an EB during the offer.

[quote name='Blade']Edge cards are retarded unless you're thinking about buying ten Xbox 360s. $5 off a brand new game, big whoop.

Guessed, what ones did you pick up and how much was it? Not over $50 I hope. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, think about it. If you pay $5 for the card, and you get $5 off one $50 game, then you do it again, it all adds up.

So the card only costs $5?

And no, I don't know what it is, you retard. ;)

I was referring to how much you spent at wherever you picked up the Miyazaki DVDs, which ones you got, and how much it was. I was going to buy them at the B&N deal, but it would've resulted in $60 for three movies and wouldn't have been much of a deal.

Oh, cool. I thought it was some credit card endorsed by Visa.

Sorry, there isn't an EB store within 100 miles. Not my fault. ;)

[quote name='Blade']So the card only costs $5?

And no, I don't know what it is, you retard. ;)

I was referring to how much you spent at wherever you picked up the Miyazaki DVDs, which ones you got, and how much it was. I was going to buy them at the B&N deal, but it would've resulted in $60 for three movies and wouldn't have been much of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Aah. I bought 4 at BB, using the Disney gift card coupon, total was $45+ tax. I bought 3 at MP (the 3 that weren't on sale at BB) for $17+ tax each, but I got 20% off of one of them.

Tried my hand at this deal today, but came out empty handed (guess this is good though since my wallet's hurting from the DDD sale). Was hoping to maybe get lucky with one or two Criterions or that Toy Story set, but didn't see anything of note. They had a Nirvana DVD that was only 4.99, but there wasn't anything else that I wanted (plus it wasn't in the best condition), so I passed on it. The guy that works there said they had ATHF Volume 1 and 2, but those were gone on the first day of the deal (no biggie since I'm getting them anyway from DDD :D). They did have Simpsons Season 5 in good condition though.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']It just annoys me that some people think they're impressing others by mentioning a lowly 10% discount, but maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture here?[/QUOTE]

You do miss the point. They arent trying to impress, they are saying how they got such a good deal so that others can follow in their footsteps. If i had just showed up at best buy expecting to get the same price and then foudn out i couldnt because i dont have an "edge" card, i'd be pissed at the poster who didnt give me all the facts.

Unfortunately my EB pared the DVD section down to next to nothing a month or so ago. It went from one side of a standing rack to half of one basket (the kind into which many EBs dump all of their old NES games) They maybe have 50 DVDs total. There are a few other ones semi-close to me which I might try to check out at some point.

sman - GPAWS

bread's done
Back