[EB Canada] Eternal Sonata - PS3 - $19.99

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm sure this was mentioned in our forums somewhere but just thought I'd put it here to let everyone know. I have no idea if this is a reissue or if EB is just trying to clear out whatever stock they had sitting on shelves but $19.99 is a great price for a game that has been pretty hard to find (on the PS3).

If you can't find a copy in stores you can also get it through the EB Games website:

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=203719

Wow, that's three games now EB has found in their warehouses: Tales Of Vesperia, Disgaea 3 and now Eternal Sonata.

Eternal Sonata is an excellent RPG for the PS3 and Xbox 360. I loved ES. Great music, interesting premise and addictive gameplay. I loved how everybody and everything was named after a musical term.

very fun game. A nice step back from cod mw2 and its 20 bucks to boot :D. just in the beging of the game so far but its a grat title if you enjoy RPG's. higly reccomeneded.

and this game is rare? i had no idea :cold:.

Wow, so many great prices on RPGs this month. I'd probably pick this up if I didn't have the 360 version. The extra stuff is tempting I just can't justify owning two copies of the same game.

i wished usa shipped here. i want several games that are aviable there........ Canada almost always has the stiff end of the deal

Dammit, I thought I'd never see this game ever again when I bought it 30 bucks in the US! My copy is still sealed. :(

Such a great game. Love the multiplayer mode in it too! It becomes a wonderful game to play casually with friends, as the cutscenes spend 10 minutes elaborating what could be (and like was) said in 30 seconds.

But other than that, it's a great game :)

Great to see all of these games getting reprinted...or something. :lol:

I remember looking for this game last year (I started the 360 version, got the RROD so I figured to get the other version), only to have the EB guy laugh in my face, because it was so rare. Bought it off of Play-Asia for $40 bucks. Still sealed.

:bomb:

But to be fair, it's not like he could have known this was going to happen. But damn it, the same thing happened with Mega Man Powered Up. Everyone told me it was discontinued/super rare, then all of a sudden EB got brand spanking new copies, at a reduced price.

I remember once I went to Anime North and asked a guy at a stand for Ico. Some girl beside me laughed and went lolwut, but on the same stand a few feet away was a guy...selling Ico :D

Wanted to punch that girl in the face though. Obviously I'm going to ask for a rare game at a stand that represents a store aimed at enthusiasts! It's not like I'm asking at Zellers or something.

[quote name='thegamecubist']I remember once I went to Anime North and asked a guy at a stand for Ico. Some girl beside me laughed and went lolwut, but on the same stand a few feet away was a guy...selling Ico :D[/QUOTE]

How much do they charge for these rare games at North? I wanted to check it out this year because I was in the area. I had no idea it was going on, but I didn't want to pay $40 just to walk through.

...is this really a good price? Ive seen this game everywhere...
I get the feeling its gonna drop to 5$ like its xbox counterpart.

[quote name='Mr.']How much do they charge for these rare games at North? I wanted to check it out this year because I was in the area. I had no idea it was going on, but I didn't want to pay $40 just to walk through.[/QUOTE]

I got ICO and Shadow of the Colossus together for $60 used. I thought it was a fair price, though not spectacular.

If you're looking for rare games though, it's better to come the Friday. First dibbs and it's cheaper!

set0, I think they waaaay over-printed the 360. With the PS3 one ocming out later, Nameco got more wise and watched thier numbers a little more closely, which is why it's hard to find.

I paid $45 for my ES on 360 lolz

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']...is this really a good price? Ive seen this game everywhere...
I get the feeling its gonna drop to 5$ like its xbox counterpart.[/QUOTE]
Ya I know this game was in the Rogers 3 for $25 deal. Both the 360 and PS3 version.

[quote name='thegamecubist']I got ICO and Shadow of the Colossus together for $60 used. I thought it was a fair price, though not spectacular.

If you're looking for rare games though, it's better to come the Friday. First dibbs and it's cheaper!

set0, I think they waaaay over-printed the 360. With the PS3 one ocming out later, Nameco got more wise and watched thier numbers a little more closely, which is why it's hard to find.

I paid $45 for my ES on 360 lolz[/QUOTE]

I dunno im looking at price chart and 20$ is the average price...not a huge deal. Wonder if I should wait or not.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

On the one hand, I want to pick it up because I've heard nothing but good things and $20 seems like a pretty good price.

On the other, daily drops. Might be something else good coming up. Don't have a lot of money. All out of trade fodder.

HALP! Don't know what to do! lol

[quote name='evanders']its a great game and will probobly gain profit over time. even if it doesnt its a great game[/QUOTE]

sigh, fiiiiine. Ill pick it up.

Picked up a used copy for 16.19$ (orig price 17.99$). Ill see if I can find a sealed copy for the collection, but they all seems gutted like Vesperia. I was lucky to pickup sealed Tales before they opened it... but probably wont happen twice.

This is a restock, because I had this in my cart at 20$ BEFORE the whole doorcrashers thingamajig, and two or three days in, it went out of stock. Time to order!

I bought this today when I was picking up P3P. The guy even took it out of the same box. I always wanted this for 360, but I'm so glad I waited all those years.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Picked up a used copy for 16.19$ (orig price 17.99$). Ill see if I can find a sealed copy for the collection, but they all seems gutted like Vesperia. I was lucky to pickup sealed Tales before they opened it... but probably wont happen twice.[/QUOTE]
You collect sealed copies? Interesting. Doing it as an investment I take it?

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']You collect sealed copies? Interesting. Doing it as an investment I take it?[/QUOTE]

I try to to do, if the game seems valuable.

Looks like I'm cancelling my crackdown 2 pre-order (still haven't picked it up) to grab these three titles to fill my backlog. :D

Will I have time to play them? Prolly not....:whee:

Scored a new ungutted copy last night... The clerk said these have been flying off the shelves. Damn these $19.99 sweet spot sales on great RPGs!

I'd totally be down if there were trophies. Argh!

At least I have Vesperia to fall back on for a while ...

Saw Eternal Sonata at EB Commerce Court behind the counter, along with Disgaea 3, both sealed. This was yesterday near closing time - I decided to only get Disgaea, wasn't sure about ES and how fun it is... will I regret not getting it? I already have ToV, and just got Demon's Souls too... must resist adding to the backlog ;)

[quote name='Afrodiziak']I cancelled my Crackdown 2 PT also. That game looks like a real turd[/QUOTE]

Yea played the demo, its as fun as the original but its pretty much the same turd as the first one too. I enjoyed crackdown but for the "price" they are asking for it now it ain't worth it. These three games are awesome for the price but my Disgaea 3 was gutted. :cry: Ohh well.....

[quote name='bbbc']I'd totally be down if there were trophies. Argh!

At least I have Vesperia to fall back on for a while ...[/QUOTE]

Didn't know there was no trophies for ES... BOO... Maybe I'll just return ES and keep my 360 version (haven't played it yet), not sure why I bought the PS3 version too....

Must not fall into trophy addiction now... I was addicted to achievements but that died for now...

Grahhhhh....Now I dunno if I want Disgaea 3, Tales of Vesperia or Eternal Sonata!...Failing that, that Sherlock Holmes adventure game is now $14.99.

Yay for Adventure Company price drops! lol

I played the demo and was turned off, but I like the graphic style for this game, so might pick it up at this price.

They had at least one copy at the EB at Carlingwood Mall. However, if they only have one, it's "gutted". A new word from the unemployed heathens at that other site. "Gutted" means a "new" copy that has no shrink-wrap on it. Usually something you see at mall EBs and not standalones.

Again, if you don't have a 360 and/or don't care for trophies, buy it. It's a very underrated RPG.

got it on goozex some time ago. really an excellent game with very pretty graphics. highly recommend it

[quote name='lustyhitter']They had at least one copy at the EB at Carlingwood Mall. However, if they only have one, it's "gutted". A new word from the unemployed heathens at that other site. "Gutted" means a "new" copy that has no shrink-wrap on it. Usually something you see at mall EBs and not standalones.

Again, if you don't have a 360 and/or don't care for trophies, buy it. It's a very underrated RPG.[/QUOTE]

Around here, "gutted" can mean a pristine used copy that they put in the case and sell as new. I watched them do that with a lot of Gaming Guarantee games.

[quote name='Nukkus']Around here, "gutted" can mean a pristine used copy that they put in the case and sell as new. I watched them do that with a lot of Gaming Guarantee games.[/QUOTE]

thats just plain lieing

People bitch and complain about buying gutted games; do something about it. I only step into EB to pre-order brand new games (Halo: Reach, Star Wars: TFUII and Fable 3). I've stopped buying used from them, as Goozex is much more convenient, much cheaper, and provides a lot less to complain about. Sure, it can be slow as hell, but at least I know I'm receiving a used game, as opposed to buying a "new" game that's been opened and manhandled.

My personal policy is never take them unless it's absolutely 100% necessary (I.E. tried a bunch of other stores and couldn't find a new, sealed copy at any of them). There are plenty of other stores out there that'll sell you a pristine factory sealed copy.

[quote name='evanders']thats just plain lieing[/QUOTE]

no it is not. they put the whit retail tags on the used games, i watched them through the window while i was drinking my soda. if you are going to accuse someone of being a liar, then have the facts first, boyo.

bread's done
Back