EB Edge card question (Tax)

KongaKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
So, I notice when you buy a game and use credit from your edge card, you don't get charged tax. IE: $13.99 game is $13.99 if you use that from your edge.

What if you only use some edge? Let's say you have $30 in edge credit. And you want a $50 game, if you use $30 for credit, to get the game down to $20 cash, do you have to pay tax on $20, since it was cash and not credit, or on the full $50? Anyone know?

It's store credit, not "edge credit". You are not charged tax at most game stores if you use credit. The full amount must be paid in store credit, you cannot use credit and cash and expect it to be tax free. You would pay tax on the full amount.

[quote name='Scorch']It's store credit, not "edge credit". You are not charged tax at most game stores if you use credit. The full amount must be paid in store credit, you cannot use credit and cash and expect it to be tax free. You would pay tax on the full amount.[/QUOTE]

I think you would only pay tax on the cash amount. It should do a breakdown.

Ah good, I figured they wouldn't tax on the Credit part. Thanks for the info. Maybe I can get 200ish to use for the Xbox 360 and get tax down. Thanks a lot!

[quote name='SuprTnr2']I think it's like that at ALL stores :D[/QUOTE]

good, cuz i got 410 bucks saved up in Blockbuster credit for a console...probably the 360 or revolution...and i dont want tax on my console :)

[quote name='Farny']Yeah, Epic Wolf says you only pay tax on the cash amount, only. SO I guess that's how it works.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I like the way you put that...from personal experience you only pay tax on the remaining balance however this only applies to trade credit, meaning if you put cash on anything then that value is also taxable, for example if you put $20 down on a game and then trade some stuff in, you can pay the remaining balance with credit but your still entitled to pay tax's on the initial $20 you placed ;)

[quote name='paintballers']can it work on a console or only games (talking about the tax thing)[/QUOTE]

Are you really that stupid? It doesn't matter...

bread's done
Back