EB Edge Card?

dtcarson

CAGiversary!
It looks like the EB Edge card costs 5 bucks, I assume for one year, and works online.
What do you get with the Edge card?
I see 10% off used games.
Does it works with used DVD's as well?
I think I recall having seen bonus trade credit if you've got an Edge card, which may or may not matter to me, I don't trade in much stuff.

Do you get anything else with the card, or just that discount? I guess if you buy ~2+ used games a year from them, you break even.

[quote name='dtcarson']It looks like the EB Edge card costs 5 bucks, I assume for one year, and works online.
What do you get with the Edge card?
I see 10% off used games.
Does it works with used DVD's as well?
I think I recall having seen bonus trade credit if you've got an Edge card, which may or may not matter to me, I don't trade in much stuff.

Do you get anything else with the card, or just that discount? I guess if you buy ~2+ used games a year from them, you break even.[/quote]

Yeah it works on used DVDs I'm pretty sure. For me it is worth the money ten fold.

If you get the membership card for Gamestop you get 10% off used games and a 10 month subscription to ...crap... I cant remember what it's called, but its a really good gaming magazine... EGM? They cover all the consoles and PC... I don't know if it works online tho...

It's totally worht it because it stacks with both cag15 and saver. That gives you a total of 25% off and free shipping on used games. It pays for itself. All you need to do is spend fifty.

the GS magazine is Game Informer. It's not bad but an EB just opened like 4 blocks from my house so i havent re subscribed.

[quote name='Kayden']If you get the membership card for Gamestop you get 10% off used games and a 10 month subscription to ...crap... I cant remember what it's called, but its a really good gaming magazine... EGM? They cover all the consoles and PC... I don't know if it works online tho...[/quote]

It should be Game Informer, if I'm not mistaken.

The EB card is definitely worth it. The question is simple: Are you going to spend more than $50 there on used games in a year? (I already have since I got my card last fall, but that was partially because of buying my sister a PS2 for Christmas and the massive PC game clearance sale.) If you are, get it. You won't regret it. :)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']It's totally worht it because it stacks with both cag15 and saver. That gives you a total of 25% off and free shipping on used games. It pays for itself. All you need to do is spend fifty.[/quote]

I think the Edge card is better than the Gamestop card (I have both, GS was a gift), just because of this reason. 25% all your used stuff online is a great deal, especially with free saver shipping. Plus saver shipping usually arrive in 2 or 3 days anyways so it's actually quicker for me to order online then to wait til I go to the store every other week. And if you do go to the B & M store you can just use the coupon from that online game along with your Edge card to get 30% off.

I haven't been buying a lot of used games, but looking at the release schedules, there's not a whole lot upcoming that I'm extremely interested, and there are some titles I missed recently that I'd like to pick up sometime. Plus I got an EB gift card for my birthday and they accept that online as well. Most likely over a year I could certainly spend 50 bucks.
Anyone remember the Frequent Gamer card they had? I think that was good for 5% off *anything* used or new, with occasional 10% days.
How much is the Gamestop card?
I really have no brand allegiance to either store, I order from whereever has the deal, and stop in whichever one I'm closest to.
And the magazine isn't a dealmaker, I'm already getting something like 60 magazines.
25% off and free shipping is nice, agreed.

The Gamestop card is $10 for 10 months and you also get either 6 or 10 issues to Gameinformer, which is alright.
The Edge card is $5 for 12 months.

The biggest difference between the two is that EBgames lets you stack most coupons together, while Gamestop allows only one discount on any order. Assuming you order online this means that at Gamestop.com you can either get 10% off or free shipping but not both. Like you said, 25% off and free shipping at Ebgames.com is much better. However you must be careful they very rarely have games at higher price so you're actually betting off with ordering on Gamestop despite the discount.

I have both Gamestop and EB Cards, and the EB gave me GMR Magazine while the Gamestop gave me Gameinformer Magazine. I'm pretty sure the EB Edge card works on both used games and used accessories and I think DVDs as well.

Don't forget that the EDGE card is stackable with the 20% Cash for Stash coupon for a combined discount of 30% in-store.

That Cash for Stash coupon is kind of weird--I just printed one that says:
20% off any one preplayed game*
* 10% without GMR subscriber discount card.

which leads me to believe that the discount is 10%, but 20% if you have the card, assuming the GMR discount card is the Edge card. This coupon is misleading at best.

edit: Yes, it just rung up in my EBGames.com cart as 10% off, and doesn't work with with CAG15 or Saver. so I guess the card and cag15/saver would be the way to go.

[quote name='dtcarson']That Cash for Stash coupon is kind of weird--I just printed one that says:
20% off any one preplayed game*
* 10% without GMR subscriber discount card.
.[/quote]

There are three coupons.. You got the middle one. The upper one says 30% off
* 20% without Discount card.

Just play a little longer next time. Get to level three or four.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I got bored and quit :)
Although the first one that printed, the 15% off/5% without card, says it expired like last November?
I'll try again when I'm at home.

[quote name='drone8888']It's Game Informer,........and it's GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really good my ass!!!

FAQing FuncoLand rejects.[/quote]
GI is ok. They almost always have a world exclusive preview. However, I don't think they do a very good job with reviews.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']The EB card is definitely worth it. The question is simple: Are you going to spend more than $50 there on used games in a year?[/quote]

Actually it's slightly better than that: the real question is "are you going to buy at least $50 pre-coupon value of games in a year?"

i.e.:
Just using the 30% off coupon (20% off w/o card), if you buy a game that would normally be $50 used, you'll actually only be spending $35, but you'll have broken even on the cost of the card if you buy one.

I never really got to check out Game Informer magazine. How does Game Informer stack up against GamePro? I got a free subscription to GamePro and that magazine really sucks.

bread's done
Back