EB: Extra 20% trade in toward God of War 2

Surferflames

CAGiversary!
Local EB has a giant hanging poster above the register for 20% bonus trade credit toward the preorder of GoW2. Potentially giving 40% trade in with the GI coupon and edge card.

Out of the three stores I was in, only one had the signs up, so might be on a store by store basis.

Holy crap yes.

I have a batch of games I've been holding on to for a while for a good deal; I may just cash 'em in for this now. Awesomeness!

Does anyone know if EBStop accepts the UMD-sleeved copies of ATV Offroad Fury for PSP as a trade-in? I got it with my bundle but have no interest in it whatsoever.

[quote name='floatingaccount']Trade in Zelda for the Wii -> $35 + 20% bonus + 10% Edge + 10% GI coup == $50ish great deal.[/QUOTE]

yeah, good luck stacking all of those

if you trade in zelda for 35, you will be able to use your edge card for sure. but the GI coupon and the 20% bonus prob won't be stackable. unless the employee ringing you up is a stooge.

[quote name='OGHowie']GI Coupon? Is this something inside a Game Informer mag?[/quote]

yep, not the current one with star wars on it, the month before.

[quote name='Jaket']yeah, good luck stacking all of those

if you trade in zelda for 35, you will be able to use your edge card for sure. but the GI coupon and the 20% bonus prob won't be stackable. unless the employee ringing you up is a stooge.[/QUOTE]
Hey, there are plenty of stooges at EBStop! :razz:

I'm curious to hear if people have any luck stacking all of that stuff, though. Unless ... I'm tempted by this, but I also scored well last time EBStop had their last "trade 3, get $10 extra" deal. Anyone know if that's coming up soon? I'm having second thoughts.

[quote name='lunker']Holy crap yes.

I have a batch of games I've been holding on to for a while for a good deal; I may just cash 'em in for this now. Awesomeness!
[/quote]

Me too.

I've been waiting for another $10 bonus deal, but given that we're into next-gen now and PS2/Xbox/GC games are getting very cheap, I'm not so sure we'll ever see that deal again... or if we do, it'll be much more limited than in the past.

Meh, 20% of crap is still crap. I'm shocked that all of you getting excited over this.

I thought it was universally understood that EB Trade in prices are laughable at best?

[quote name='PINKO']what would graw,ncaa 07 and madden07 get all on the 360[/quote]

let me pull the trade-in values out of my ass..

call them and ask, genius

[quote name='Scorch']let me pull the trade-in values out of my ass..

call them and ask, genius[/QUOTE]

Wow, there's no need for that kind of response--after all, we used to have an enormous thread and Wiki tracking trade in values.

Kinda insane for GOW 2 MSRP $50 cos GOW is #1 sellers. Oh well, i'll pickup whenever it drop down $15 (possible 6 months after it released).

[quote name='Masterkyo']Kinda insane for GOW 2 MSRP $50 cos GOW is #1 sellers. Oh well, i'll pickup whenever it drop down $15 (possible 6 months after it released).[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that ... Bully and Okami still haven't fallen much in price, and they have been out for six months. I see this one staying above $30 bucks for the better part of a year.

[quote name='uberzone']Meh, 20% of crap is still crap. I'm shocked that all of you getting excited over this.

I thought it was universally understood that EB Trade in prices are laughable at best?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but the quality of price doesn't matter so much as the quantity of trade-ins. Sheer volume can be your ally here.

[quote name='lunker']Yes, but the quality of price doesn't matter so much as the quantity of trade-ins. Sheer volume can be your ally here.[/QUOTE]

but adding to the quantity would only make yourself getting ripped off more since it is a percentage.

yeah it wil be $50 for a while

while EB has horrid trade in prices, most places have NO trade ins so thats kinda how it goes.

If you want to through the hassle of selling a 3 year old XBOX1 game on ebay, good luck to you.

I dont trade in many games at all anymore, but for GoWII i have a couple that I could part with

Does anyone think there's a chance that GOW2 could be one of those games that comes out for 37.XX at circuit city, during its first week, like Final Fantasy XII and Zeld:TP (gcn) did.

[quote name='Jaket']yeah, good luck stacking all of those

if you trade in zelda for 35, you will be able to use your edge card for sure. but the GI coupon and the 20% bonus prob won't be stackable. unless the employee ringing you up is a stooge.[/QUOTE]

it will depend on who is working, however I did it. Got $50.25 for my Zelda.

I think the $35 trade-in deal is over for Zelda now though. Not positive though.

Traded in the following 45 games today. Most of them were disc only. I preordered god of war II and was able to get an extra 30% trade in on everything with the deal and game informer card. The grand total trade in was $352.44 if they had trade 3 get an extra $10 instead I would have made a killer.

Xbox:
pirates of caribbean 4
prince of persia two thrones 4
star wars battlefront II 7

Ps2:
conflict global terror 8
ratchet & clank up your arsenal 4
final fantasy X 9
soul calibur 3 8
shrek super slam 7
simpsons hit & run 5
x-men offical game 4