Eb game days - April 05 - May 02

JnJosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
This years "Game days" sales (remember those 9.89 games?) is running a bit early this year, hopefully a lot of stuff to come, flyer scans will be up on the 3rd, but I am willing to send them for a few good men, regulars only via PM. The rest of you can wait a few days, :)

just be a bit patient with the PMing, i will get back to you guys asap!

join the group! http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...hp?groupid=190

Flyer is now live, my crappy scans are no longer needed!

http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='psyck0']Also, what is TSCC? Did you mean The Canadian Superstore (TCSS)?[/quote]

For that I believe we use RCSS (Real Canadian Superstore).

I wish my Sources didn't suck, as I'd probably be getting in on some of these. And we're talking about TSCC in the EB thread? So confused!

haha bencher you're getting me to seriously consider getting a DS so I can start picking up some old GBA games, and getting in on some solid DS games!

[quote name='Princess Zelda']My GBA is my portable SNES/NES :) I have a Micro that lives in my Purse.[/quote]

I bought a Micro at a great clearance price from Zellers a year or two go... dang, do I ever regret it. The Micro is pretty good and all, but buying only one? What was I thinking!
;)

GBA est mort, vive le GBM!

[quote name='game_fanatic']haha bencher you're getting me to seriously consider getting a DS so I can start picking up some old GBA games, and getting in on some solid DS games![/quote]

i thought about picked up the DSLite, but i wanted the DSI more ( DSIware :p) so i picked up GBA SP Backlight version, to enjoy GBA games before DS games :p

GBA is a classic eh? better than DS games in my opinon, but there are solid DS games, as you've said :)

the GBA SP was only 24.99 :p perfect condition.

Not gonna lie, I've had a huge hankering for another Pokemon adventure, and I've played through Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Emerald, so it seems Pearl/Diamond/Platinum are my only options! I already have a GB Micro, but it's a wee bit too small for my hands! That, and my mother has taken it to play Tetris haha

[quote name='game_fanatic']Not gonna lie, I've had a huge hankering for another Pokemon adventure, and I've played through Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Emerald, so it seems Pearl/Diamond/Platinum are my only options! I already have a GB Micro, but it's a wee bit too small for my hands! That, and my mother has taken it to play Tetris haha[/quote]

you should consider a DSL then :cool: its big, its awesome, and its nintendo's better offspring.

haha yeah I think a DSL is the route I'm going to go; the girlfriend has one (which I bought for her, ironically enough), so I'll borrow that and see if anything really jumps out at me; she's got an awesome DS collection heh

The Lite gets very uncomfortable for me when trying to play GBA games. The extra weight is the main factor, the control is the other. The Micro is comfortable and ultra light. The GBASP seems about the same, except with a lid that adds extra weight when laying on your back in bed.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']GBA is a classic eh? better than DS games in my opinon, but there are solid DS games, as you've said :)

the GBA SP was only 24.99 :p perfect condition.[/quote]

Wow that was cheap :whistle2:o Where'd you get it at that price?
I paid $90 about two years ago for a used one off eBay. It came with an Intec case with peripherals and some GameBoy games. I actually picked it up to use with Gameboy games (I

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Wow that was cheap :whistle2:o Where'd you get it at that price?
I paid $90 about two years ago for a used one off eBay. It came with an Intec case with peripherals and some GameBoy games. I actually picked it up to use with Gameboy games (I

[quote name='Bencherstyle']damn! 90 dollars... thats steep lol, i think it was 79.99 new 2-3 years ago? i remember it distictly...

i got it off EB, it was a price error, since every other EBs i go to has it for 49.99 :D good thing on my part, and its the AGS-101 model!

you were impressed too? lol, i thought GBA was same as GBC/GB, so i never looked into it, and this was when i was 10. around there :) im still looking for gameboy original/colour games, such as pokemon games.... ulg... ill have to get those soon.

and they are killing GBA WITH DSI!!! DAMN THOSE NINTENDO MASTERMINDS!

might as well change this thread to GB/GBC/GBA disscussions, there doesn't seem to be any daily deals :lol:[/quote]

I got my brand new GBA SP with Super Mario Bros. and stategy guide for $10 when Music World had their going out of buisness sale.

Also anyone looking for GBA games should consider Advance Wars 1 and 2. I thought they were much better then the DS version, and the DS versions were really good.

^ ooooo 10 dollars! great pickup!. .... whatever music world is, never heard of it :p

I got Advance Wars 1 for 14.99, so it should be a universal price drop guys. it works well with 2 for XX deals as well.

....although i never got into the game, just finished the campaign once :p

[quote name='Bencherstyle']^ ooooo 10 dollars! great pickup!. .... whatever music world is, never heard of it :p

I got Advance Wars 1 for 14.99, so it should be a universal price drop guys. it works well with 2 for XX deals as well.

....although i never got into the game, just finished the campaign once :p[/quote]
I think Music World was only west side of Canada :D

[quote name='refraxion']I think Music World was only west side of Canada :D[/quote]

No...in Toronto, Music World was basically everywhere HMV was. However, a couple of years ago they closed every store, at least in Toronto and Durham region...but I think the whole Canadian company just went under.

Is the Warcraft 3 battlechest 19.99 in Canada as well? The US EB games website has it listed at 19.99, but with 14.99 shipping to canada, its not worth ordering online.

[quote name='Tiko']Is the Warcraft 3 battlechest 19.99 in Canada as well? The US EB games website has it listed at 19.99, but with 14.99 shipping to canada, its not worth ordering online.[/quote]
You'd be lucky to see it for $39.99 here (that's what I bought it for at EB a while back). Most places have it for $44.99 or $49.99.

Pick up DragonBall Z: Legacy Of Goku II, DragonBall Z: Buu's Furry, and DragonBall: Advanced Adventure for a lot of fun on GBA!

[quote name='Dragon52']Pick up DragonBall Z: Legacy Of Goku II, DragonBall Z: Buu's Furry, and DragonBall: Advanced Adventure for a lot of fun on GBA![/quote]

Buu's Fury was from TSCC, right? I think I've seen it (or maybe one of those other titles) at Vaughan Mills for $5.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Buu's Fury was from TSCC, right? I think I've seen it (or maybe one of those other titles) at Vaughan Mills for $5.[/quote]

I dunno the only GBA games I've seen at TSCC were Madden 04 or something... I've had those games since their launch.

The first Legacy Of Goku game is instantly forgetable, and somewhat broken. The second one is much better. Atari packaged both together on one cartridge 2 or 3 years ago. LoG are action RPGs. Buu's Furry is the third Legacy Of Goku game. It is Legacy Of Goku perfected. But since it follows a storyline starting off with number 3 isn't the greatest idea. It was repackaged with DragonBall GT: Transformation as well. Transformation is a sidescrolling beat 'em up, that is sadly forgettable. A sequel was planned, but got canned.

Advanced Adventure is a platforming action game. It's going to be the hard one to find since it was never repackaged. It is a fantastic unappreciated gem though.

DBZ: Supersonic Warriors is a good fighting game aswell. A tad forgettable, but not because it is bad.

Skip out on DragonBall Z: Taiketsu though, that isn't a good game. It's what you get when an Action RPG developer decides to make a fighting game.

You can also skip out on DragonBall Z: The Collectible Card Game. Because no one likes those.

Shaq dammit, I've been itching to send my list of CAGs a crazy price drop, but so far nada ~_~ it's been empty drops lately.

I didn't feel a high interest in GBA games. My GBA is collecting dust compared to the use of my DS lite.

It is good to have some GBA game suggestions.

Regarding EBGames deals, I hope they plan something good soon!

[quote name='cashinstinct']I didn't feel a high interest in GBA games. My GBA is collecting dust compared to the use of my DS lite.

It is good to have some GBA game suggestions.

Regarding EBGames deals, I hope they plan something good soon![/quote]

which reminds me, i gotta make a DS lite game thread later when i get a ds :lol:

- unless EB is planning a blowout sale on the llast day for the customers :lol: i doubt if they'll have a daily deal :p

I dunno about other stores but stores in my district (Downtown Toronto/Etobicoke/Mississauga) have more DSis than DS Lites, there might be some crazy blowout or price reduction for DS Lites (new and used) soon, I'm sure us EB slaves'll keep you guys posted.

[quote name='zeze']DS[/quote]

thanks, just looked it up, im considering this when i get a DS.

erm, anybody who could answer this would be my hero :p

there are alot of Mega Man games for GBA, i've checked, and im new to mega man............ what would you, (a mega man player) recommend for a person who is new to megaman? they all seem great, i just want my first experience to be great :lol:

[quote name='Bencherstyle']thanks, just looked it up, im considering this when i get a DS.

erm, anybody who could answer this would be my hero :p

there are alot of Mega Man games for GBA, i've checked, and im new to mega man............ what would you, (a mega man player) recommend for a person who is new to megaman? they all seem great, i just want my first experience to be great :lol:[/quote]
While I'm not a Mega Man expert, the Mega Man Zero games are a ton of fun. It's like classic Mega Man, except you can shoot up! Yay!

[quote name='Bencherstyle']damn, is there a megaman game which are nice to newcomers? i heard the mega men series are dead hard. :([/quote]

I started out with Mega Man 3. It is a good game for newcomers and still poses a challenge for people who played other mega man games. Its not to hard but not to easy. Plus this is easily one of the best mega man games for the GBA.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']damn, is there a megaman game which are nice to newcomers? i heard the mega men series are dead hard. :([/quote]

lol... I was going to recommend Mega Man & Bass until you mentioned "nice to newcomers". A great game, but the difficulty level was rock hard with old school controls.

You are probably better off looking for Mega Man Zero instead... it's still a hard game, but not as frustrating.

One note: the Mega Man Battle Network series is very different from "normal" Mega Man games. I haven't played them very much, because they are more like RPGs than action/platformer games. This isn't necessarily good or bad - just different.

[quote name='ejamer']lol... I was going to recommend Mega Man & Bass until you mentioned "nice to newcomers". A great game, but the difficulty level was rock hard with old school controls.

You are probably better off looking for Mega Man Zero instead... it's still a hard game, but not as frustrating.

One note: the Mega Man Battle Network series is very different from "normal" Mega Man games. I haven't played them very much, because they are more like RPGs than action/platformer games. This isn't necessarily good or bad - just different.[/quote]

hmm... yea i hate hard games, (its okey when its fun) but when its hard, its not fun.

ill try out the Zero series and Battle Network, and try others if i like it or not :)

thanks for your inputs guys, recently got into Metroid, which was hell-of a funn, so im looking for platforming/side scrolling?/action games. and megaman poped into my head.

i thought Metroid fusion was kinda difficult ;P

Yeah Battle Network games are cool, but fuck the story gets ridiculous after the fifth godamned game.

Get Metroid Zero Mission, awesome.

[quote name='kathos']Yeah Battle Network games are cool, but fuck the story gets ridiculous after the fifth godamned game.

Get Metroid Zero Mission, awesome.[/quote]

got metriod zero mission a week ago for 19.99.
it was awesome, worth the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Firestorm']I forgot this sale was even on. What happened EB? You used to be cool man :([/quote]

Actually, there have been great deals all week, they've just been obscured by GBA chatter.

Just kidding obviously, but is it just me or is this the most OT topic ever? I'm not usually fazed by that sort of stuff, but a new thread for that stuff maybe, guys?

where the hell are all the valkyrie profile 2s it has disappeared off the face of the EB earth :( damn i thought its supposed to be an epic game yet none in circulation damn or is it toooo goood to trade in so ill never get it :(

Mega Man ZX on DS is newbie friendly. Only MM game I ever played and finished.

[quote name='Firestorm']Mega Man ZX on DS is newbie friendly. Only MM game I ever played and finished.[/quote]

I couldn't even finish the old NES versions with a Game Genie!

[quote name='Firestorm']Mega Man ZX on DS is newbie friendly. Only MM game I ever played and finished.[/quote]

I never finished ZX D:. 90% of the time was spent being hopelessly lost

Mario Golf GC is now $9.99 I traded it in a while ago and my kids complain every time they see it in a store. I'm pretty sure it's my own mint copy I traded in too :p I also bought Dark Sector PS3.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Mario Golf GC is now $9.99 I traded it in a while ago and my kids complain every time they see it in a store. I'm pretty sure it's my own mint copy I traded in too :p I also bought Dark Sector PS3.[/quote]
Nice. I saw it the other day for I think $19.99 but already had 3 games ready to purchase. I've all but mastered the N64 version via VC. Only thing I haven't done is 6 of the 36 ring shot holes!

[quote name='bs000']I never finished ZX D:. 90% of the time was spent being hopelessly lost[/quote]

Everyone did; that's why ZX sucked.

ZXA didn't suck as much, but it was nowhere near touching any of the classic, X or Zero games (save X7, which sucked on a whole new stratosphere).

And no, neither of the ZX games are 'hopelessly' hard; they're both perfectly manageable if you stop and learn boss patterns as how the games were since 1987.

bread's done
Back