Eb game days - April 05 - May 02

JnJosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
This years "Game days" sales (remember those 9.89 games?) is running a bit early this year, hopefully a lot of stuff to come, flyer scans will be up on the 3rd, but I am willing to send them for a few good men, regulars only via PM. The rest of you can wait a few days, :)

just be a bit patient with the PMing, i will get back to you guys asap!

join the group! http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...hp?groupid=190

Flyer is now live, my crappy scans are no longer needed!

http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
miriamleo,
Go to this site. Use the store locator to get the phone number and call them to find out if they have stock. If they do ask them to hold it for you till you get there.

Anyone know at what time EB Games stores close on weekdays? I'm at school until 4:30 today and quite a few games interest me in dtp11's last post.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/01224.html

Two main sections to see

The Competition Act specifically prohibits deceptive telemarketing, deceptive prize notices and schemes of pyramid selling, and sets out the responsibilities for operators and participants in multi-level marketing plans. Also addressed are deceptive marketing practices including, but not limited to, advertising at a bargain price a product that is not available in reasonable quantities; selling a product at a price above the advertised price; and conducting a contest, lottery, or game of chance or skill, without making adequate and fair disclosure of facts that materially affect the chances of winning.
The following "Dos and Don'ts" will help businesses comply with the Competition Act.
Dos

• Do avoid fine print disclaimers. They often fail to change the general impression conveyed by an advertisement. If you do use them, make sure the overall impression created by the ad and the disclaimer is not misleading.
  • Do fully and clearly disclose all material information in the advertisement.
  • Do avoid using terms or phrases in an advertisement that are not meaningful and clear to the ordinary person.
  • Do charge the lowest of two or more prices appearing on a product.
  • Do ensure that you have reasonable quantities of a product advertised at a bargain price.
  • Do, when conducting a contest, disclose all material details required by the Act before potential participants are committed to it.
  • Do ensure that your sales force is familiar with these "Dos and Don'ts." Advertisers may be held responsible for representations made by employees.
The thing with putting price stickers on stuff at .99 would be considered fraud and not covered since they are not the price tags the store put out. The store isn't saying its that price, you are. Some guy got arrested a few years ago for making up upcs and stickering ipods at a walmart for $10. It's like someone walking into a store and saying a friend said a product was this price you have to sell it at this price now.

Now, off the derail. Any idea what the deals are for today? Or was the list dtp11 posted pretty much it?

[quote name='xezekielx']Anyone know at what time EB Games stores close on weekdays? I'm at school until 4:30 today and quite a few games interest me in dtp11's last post.[/quote]
Usually 9.

[quote name='dtp11']Some notable games (prices after promo):

Xbox 360 (used):

Army of Two - $15
Tetris Evolution - $10

Wii (used):

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 - $20
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $10
Samba De Amigo - $10

PS3 (used):

Army of Two - $15
The Orange Box - $10
Unreal Trounament 3 - $10

PSP (used):

FFVII: Crisis Core - $15
FFTactics: The War of the Lions - $10

Nintendo DS (used):

Advance Wars: Dual Strike - $10

GAHHH! I wish they would have done that for me yesterday - they said it couldn't be combined :([/quote]

Thanks!! Will be stoping by eb tonight again! :)

[quote name='JamesX']can anyone confirm that ninja gaiden dragon sword is on sale for $14.99 (new?)?[/quote]

I can! Posted it earlier, and I saw that someone else in the thread noted it as well.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Hahaha opps there goes an hour of my life...[/quote]

Yup me too. People are so stupid sometimes but they make me laugh at least.

[quote name='JamesX']can anyone confirm that ninja gaiden dragon sword is on sale for $14.99 (new?)?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can confirm it.

[quote name='lperron']Thanks!! Will be stoping by eb tonight again! [/quote]You're welcome! Which games caught your eye from my list? I only ended up getting Tetris and Army of Two.

[quote name='dtp11']You're welcome! Which games caught your eye from my list? I only ended up getting Tetris and Army of Two.[/quote]

I am gonna go looking for PS3
Army of Two - $15
Unreal Trounament 3 - $10
And if Mirror's Edge has dropped down to $29.99, I'll pick that one up too!!

Got plenty of decent $10 deals this time around, just not AAA titles (most of which I have anyway). All of these were purchased last night so I can't 100% vouch for stock or prices today, but you should be alright:
  • Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (360), new - $9.89
  • Alone In The Dark (360), new - $9.89
  • AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack (360), new - $9.89
  • Too Human (360), new - $9.89
  • Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (DS), used - $12.99
  • Mirror's Edge (360), new - $19.99
If you Metacritic the scores of half the games I bought they are low only because of a too-high launch price point which is easily remedied by paying ~$10 per game. Not too shabby of a haul.

for those looking for mass effect, I did see it new for $9.89.

tx for the NG Dragon Sword tip, $14.99 is pretty sweet!

"Deals" are not so exciting when you don't care to own a 360 or PS3. I want simple shit like... Metroid Prime Hunters for $20 instead of the crazy $40 they put on the huge stack of copies you see at every EB. Any of the $40+ used Nintendo published games would be nice. $40 for a used Super Princess Peach can suck my dick.

^i feel sorry for anyone that buys used Wii games at EBG..wow r they ripped off prices! u can get the games NEW at other retailers for WAY WAY less the price of the used ones (course u gotta do a bit of 'legwork') :D

Hmm I may have to jump on SOCOM with the headset...$36.99 with a price match is too good to pass up, considering the headset itself is worth $40 or so. Too bad they have this sale during exams, I feel like a terrible student loading up on games...my head's not in it!

Saw Endwar (360) today for 17.99 used with an extra 5$ off for some reason. (12.99 at the till) Apparently some used games have an extra 5$ off and this list changes weekly...the clerk could find a list for me though. Anyone else had any luck with these extra discounts?

I tried asking at two different locations what games were included in the 2/20, etc deal shown on the back of the flyer. Neither store had any clue. One guy tried to say that any game priced 9.99 or less was part of the 2/20 deal. I was like... uh... heh.

I went to the local EB about 15 minutes before closing. An employee asked me if I needed help so I asked about the 2/20 deal. He had no idea what I was talking about so I showed him the flyer. He stumbled around for a minute then decided he would ask his buddy. So I stand there waiting for like 2 minutes while he waits for his coworker to finish with a customer. I decide to go look at some games while I wait. 10 minutes later I am wondering what happened to the guy, so I go back up to the counter and ask him if he found out what the deal was. He says something like "no I didn't get a chance to ask about it and technically we are closed now..." I couldn't believe it. I just told him forget it and walked out empty handed. fucking ridiculous.

[quote name='Zing']I tried asking at two different locations what games were included in the 2/20, etc deal shown on the back of the flyer. Neither store had any clue. One guy tried to say that any game priced 9.99 or less was part of the 2/20 deal. I was like... uh... heh.

[/quote]
Just in case you still haven't found out about the deal this is from EB's website:

2 for $20 - Buy any 2 used games, price range from $9.99 - $14.99, for $20.00
This offer is valid from 5 April to 2 May, 2009. See store associate for full details.
2 for $30 - Buy any 2 used games, price range from $15.00 - $19.99 for $30.00
This offer is valid from 5 April to 2 May, 2009. See store associate for full details.
2 for $40 - Buy any 2 used games, price range from $20.00 - $24.99 for $40.00

Oh thanks. What idiots. This was exactly what I wanted to know, since I was considering buying a couple used games that were $25.

Here's what I found at EB Games tonight:

Ninja Gaiden (DS)- $12.99 used, $14.98 New
Contra 4 (DS) - $14.99 used
Lost Planet Collector's Edition (360)- $3.99 Used
ACDC Track Pack (PS3)-$9.89 new
Prey Collector's Edition (360)- $9.99 used
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (360)- $6.99 Used
Sega Superstar Tennis (PS3)- $9.89 New
Lord of the Rings Conquest (360 and PS3) - $34.99 and $37.99 Used (can not remember what price is for what system)
Mirror's Edge (360) - $17.99 Used, $19.99 New
Mirror's Edge (PS3)- $27.99 Used
Dead Space (360 I think)- $34.99 Used
Jericho (PS3)- $9.89 New

Picked up the first 2 with the 2/20 deal.

Any reason to choose the PS3 version of Mirror's Edge over 360? There's just one extra DLC map for PS3 right?

Or is the PC version the one to get?

The 5$ off list is (all used)

wii
metroid prime 3
call of duty 3
warioware smooth moves
mario strikers charged
super paper mario

PS3
full auto 2
dead space
silent hill
cod 4

prince of persia
eternal sonata
lost odyssey
sw snowboarding
end war

Ranzo,

I was told that the promo wizard will from now on do the promos....ie no more manual OVERRIDES....

AND

like the US system....the wizard stacks the discount with the edge card...is that correct?

Grabbed R6V and XBLA Unplugged for $7.99

Also found a copy of Sniper Elite for the Xbox amidst all the usual junk. $9 for that. :D

[quote name='Ranzo']The 5$ off list is (all used)

wii
metroid prime 3
call of duty 3
warioware smooth moves
mario strikers charged
super paper mario

PS3
full auto 2
dead space
silent hill
cod 4

prince of persia
eternal sonata
lost odyssey
sw snowboarding
end war[/quote]

So does this make End War on 360 $12.99 used this week with the extra 5 bucks off?

[quote name='wplayer']So does this make End War on 360 $12.99 used this week with the extra 5 bucks off?[/quote]

Ranzo: Thanks for the list---Much appreciated!
Wplayer: Yep--I picked up End War (360) yesterday for $12.99

Picked up EndWar for $12.99, thanks! PoP used is regular $37.99 and Lost Oddessy is $39.99 used so $5 off still isn't very good.

Some games in the 2/20 bin (360):
Blacksite
Stranglehold
Splinter Cell Double Agent
R6V
Perfect Dark Zero
Saint's Row
Bunch of random 08 and older sports games

Brand New Games - Under $10:

PS3

$10: Dark Sector, Facebreaker, NBA Live 08, NCAA 08 March Madness, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, NBA 08, Sega Superstar Tennis, AC/DC Track Pack, Clive Barker's Jericho.

$5: All Pro Football 2K8.

$10: Alone in the Dark, Madden 07, Dark Messiah, AC/DC Track Pack, Facebreaker, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, WarTech.

Wii

$10: Alone in the Dark, Imagine Babyz, Heavenly Guardian.

[quote name='dtp11']Brand New Games - Under $10:

PS3

$10: Dark Sector, Facebreaker, NBA Live 08, NCAA 08 March Madness, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, NBA 08, Sega Superstar Tennis, AC/DC Track Pack, Clive Barker's Jericho.

$10: Alone in the Dark, Madden 07, Dark Messiah, AC/DC Track Pack, Facebreaker, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, WarTech.

Wii

$10: Alone in the Dark, Imagine Babyz, Heavenly Guardian.[/quote]

Thanks for posting!! But nothing interest me today......

Best buy has now declared they will be pming the eb flyer.

Bizarre explanation how they were just following hq instruction not to pm eb because in the past there were sales that were members only or items were used. Apparently HQ has now given the okay...I dont know how they can lie like that.

I didn't even get into what went on in that store last year with the elaborate story on how the gm had jsut changed the policy...and the manager called me back having not been in the store claiming to not know what they were talking about. Or the fact I pmed the last eb flyer there no problem.

Wonder if all the eb flyer stuff just got pulled from the shelf.

Hmm, that's odd, I managed to PM Aerosmith and ACDC no problem at my local Best Buy. I'm acquaintances with the guy who PM'd for me, so I got the two for $5.99 each, as opposed to $6.99. No complaints here!

So Super Paper Mario will ring in as $39.99, yeah? PLUS an EDGE discount? I've regretted trading that game in (though I think I got like, $33 so I'm not too upset) and now may be a good time to pick it up! Going to EB tonight to see what looks good!

k so... how much is okami wii supposed 2 be for real?
been to 2 places and they're saying $24.99 on the price tags.
(ppl were saying they got it for cheaper...)

[quote name='NoName#1']Just in case you still haven't found out about the deal this is from EB's website:

2 for $20 - Buy any 2 used games, price range from $9.99 - $14.99, for $20.00
2 for $30 - Buy any 2 used games, price range from $15.00 - $19.99 for $30.00
2 for $40 - Buy any 2 used games, price range from $20.00 - $24.99 for $40.00
This offer is valid from 5 April to 2 May, 2009. See store associate for full details.[/quote]

So do ALL used games apply to the above? Or do they have select titles that qualify for each price range...it says "any", but the "see store associate for more details" part makes me wonder...this could be my chance to pick up some Gamecube games.

[quote name='dtp11']Brand New Games - Under $10:

PS3

Wii

$10: Alone in the Dark, Imagine Babyz, Heavenly Guardian.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Too Human

Not sure how credible this info is, but I spoke with an employee at my regular EB who I am familiar with and is usually pretty credible, and he believes for this GameDays sale the price drops will be weekly, as opposed to daily. One reason he cited was to help the employees themselves out, as last year it was very difficult to do massive price changes every day, especially busy mall locations. This could explain why there have been no new drops so far.

Again, not sure how true this is, but passing it along nonetheless.

[quote name='TronB']So do ALL used games apply to the above? Or do they have select titles that qualify for each price range...it says "any", but the "see store associate for more details" part makes me wonder...this could be my chance to pick up some Gamecube games.[/quote]

According to the employee at my local EB (Shopper's World Brampton), it's only what is in the bin. Sucks, because I found copies of MGS: PO and Frequency for $14.99 but Frequency was not in the bargain bin :(

bread's done
Back