EB Games and Gamestop Bundle Lite

furyk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Did you get your pre-order in for a DS Lite yet? Well that's good, you don't have to worry about this bullshit (as far as I know so far). All pre-orders for the DS Lite online through Gamestop and EB are now bundles. Your options:

-Mario Bundle with New Super Mario Brothers, and a DS Lite starter kit for 194.97
-Cars Bundle with Cars, a DS Lite starter kit, and a DS Lite Car kit (LOL!!1111) for 194.96
-Brain Bundle with Big Brain Academy, Brain Age, a DS Lite starter kit, and a "brain teaser" skin for 204.95

The DS Lite is still avalible for pre-order online in non-bundle fashion at Best Buy, Wal Mart, and pretty much every other retailer sans Circuit City if you're looking to go that route.

Wow... I'm glad I already preordered it in store. A $130 system, $35 game and $30 for a starter kit? Pfft.

[quote name='Ace Harding: Private Eye']Best way to combat bullshit like this - don't shop at Gamestop or EB. Support your local independent retailers. Or anyone else for that matter.[/QUOTE]
My local independant retailers overprice more than EB/Gamespot. Lesser of two evils.

what the fuck. starter kit, car kit...the two most useless accessories in all of gaming.

[quote name='Apossum']what the fuck. starter kit, car kit...the two most useless accessories in all of gaming.[/QUOTE]

Not for kids. Parents ate that shit up during EB's XMas system bundles for the GBA/DS.

Of course, I get extremely dizzy playing a GBA in the car. I have no idea how these kids do it.

Once Gamestop started charging tax, all benefits of buying games online ended as I have to pay tax and shipping now (freeshipall can be slow and ordering GBA games can be suicide).

I buy locally from Wal-Mart and Hastings now.

EB & GS trying to ripping off peoples here.

You can get DS LITE for $130 or less (if u have coupon) Example: you can get Brain Ages & Brain Ages Academy both for $30. Around $175 after taxes

Why pay $205 plus taxes w/ extra junkie starter kit ~~

[quote name='b3b0p']Once Gamestop started charging tax, all benefits of buying games online ended as I have to pay tax and shipping now (freeshipall can be slow and ordering GBA games can be suicide).
.[/QUOTE]

once they started charging tax AND only shipped broken, disc only games, that is.

I think bundles are horrible themselves but forcing a bundle on a system that is not even new (since it's a redesign) is just crazy.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']My local independant retailers overprice more than EB/Gamespot. Lesser of two evils.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I know it's "cool" to support the indies and stick it to the man or whatever, but when it comes down to it, I'll support whoever can give me the lower price or better deal. 9 times out of 10, one of the majors is going to pony up the goods more than an independent store.

Target is only doing bundles now, too. That sucks, because I just got a $200 gift card for graduation. They are insane if they think I'm going to pay $200 for a DS Lite, a starter kit, and fucking Ice Age and Robots.

Bah, to hell with this shit. I'm tired of stores only offering bundles. The only bundle I'd consider getting is the Brain Age bundle because I have NSMB and Cars is a license game, and even then I'd blow money on a lame starter kit and a skin.

bread's done
Back