EB Games- Beowulf(360)-$6.89, COD2 GOTY Version(360)-9.89 and more

zeze

CAGiversary!
Feedback
132 (100%)
I was at EB Games today and saw a few Xbox 360 games for cheap. They were:

Beowulf(360)-$6.89 New

Call of Duty 2 GOTY Version(360)-$9.89 New, $8.99 Used (Good deal if you missed it for $9.99 at BBV back in July)

Hail to the Chimp(360)-$9.89 New

Dark Sector(360)-$9.xx New

Last edited by a moderator:
This is normal. Sometimes, EB Games will get rid of their older or less successful games in a "random sale". You just have to be Johnny on the Spot to take advantage of them. I remember getting a new copy of Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2 (which I never played) for $9.69, then taking it to Blockbuster and getting $18 trade-in credit.

I know it is normal that EB Games puts a few 360 games on for under $9.99 every once in a while. I was just letting people know what games were on sale this time.

Definitely wanna finally pick up Dark Sector and CoD2! I had CoD2 for PC but my friend borrowed and lost it =(

Maybe I'll pick up Beowulf, but I'd probably get just as frustrated as before with its stupid "protect the place from 12 million savages" missions.

have people played the following cheap games, and can they give me opinions on them:

conan - looks like a poor man's god of war, but the demo was entertaining for a few minutes.

beowulf - looked like conan in the videos i've seen. i don't know much more than that, but the movie was ok.

dark sector - i've read reviews that say it's awful and boring and i've read reviews that say it's sci fi gears and it's a lot of fun. who to believe?

i guess for

[quote name='cm matty']have people played the following cheap games, and can they give me opinions on them:

conan - looks like a poor man's god of war, but the demo was entertaining for a few minutes.

beowulf - looked like conan in the videos i've seen. i don't know much more than that, but the movie was ok.

dark sector - i've read reviews that say it's awful and boring and i've read reviews that say it's sci fi gears and it's a lot of fun. who to believe?

i guess for

Thanks for this, gonna take a trip to EB and see if I can snag Dark Sector and COD2! Also might as well check to see if they have Armored Core: For Answer and Oblivion!

for what its worth armored core for answer is like 60 bucks at futureshop so 19.99 is a regular price, a pricematch may be a better option :)

I've already played through COD2, but I hope to get it again to finish off those achievements on veteran difficulty. It's an awesome game.

Conan - Very underrated hack & slash game. The key here is to learn the parrying system and it gets really fun. Fighting can be really crisp and smooth, the end boss is a real bitch though, read the faq on him so you don't throw your controller.

Beowulf - Another hack & slash with "cheer leading" sections. There are a couple places where I got stuck (The ice level where you are supposed to swing three times before jumping droe me nuts). It's worth about 5 bucks.

Dark Sector - Kinda dull start to the game, but the last half was interesting enough that I finished it. Enjoyable Gears/RE4 hybrid.

[quote name='rmatheso']Conan - Very underrated hack & slash game. The key here is to learn the parrying system and it gets really fun. Fighting can be really crisp and smooth, the end boss is a real bitch though, read the faq on him so you don't throw your controller.

Beowulf - Another hack & slash with "cheer leading" sections. There are a couple places where I got stuck (The ice level where you are supposed to swing three times before jumping droe me nuts). It's worth about 5 bucks.

Dark Sector - Kinda dull start to the game, but the last half was interesting enough that I finished it. Enjoyable Gears/RE4 hybrid.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this for the most part. The final boss is completely do-able if you know what you are supposed to do. The game is very brutal (in a good way). There are 3 fighting styles: one hand and shield, dual wield and two hander. They all play different which is cool.

I really liked Beowulf. There are some definite frustrating parts. The cheer sections were unintentionly funny ("C'm on ladies!"). Still, over all the graphics are good, the controls were better than decent and the voice acting was passable. Another brutal game.

Oddly, I finished both of these but neither God of War Game.

Dark Sector has not grabbed me as much as the others. Still, it is a decent game that I plan on finishing at some point.

All three are worth owning for the price.

[quote name='cm matty']
dark sector - i've read reviews that say it's awful and boring and i've read reviews that say it's sci fi gears and it's a lot of fun. who to believe?[/quote]

Honestly, I thought Dark Sector was an awesome game (though I think I have one mission left... damn buying new games!). I picked it up for $7.99 a few months ago at Rogers, and I don't have one complaint about it. It plays a lot like Gear of War in that it is third person and you have to take cover a lot, so if you're a fan of Gears you should like it. The main difference is the glaive that is used for combat. It's basically a razor blade frizbee which you can control in the air, and attach flames, ice, or electricity to. That's reall the best way to explain it, but all in all you can't go wrong for $10.

Oh... I guess my one complaint would be that the story is either weak or it just doesn't make sense... I can't really remember. The gameplay makes up for it though.

[quote name='craig64']Honestly, I thought Dark Sector was an awesome game (though I think I have one mission left... damn buying new games!). I picked it up for $7.99 a few months ago at Rogers, and I don't have one complaint about it. It plays a lot like Gear of War in that it is third person and you have to take cover a lot, so if you're a fan of Gears you should like it. The main difference is the glaive that is used for combat. It's basically a razor blade frizbee which you can control in the air, and attach flames, ice, or electricity to. That's reall the best way to explain it, but all in all you can't go wrong for $10.

Oh... I guess my one complaint would be that the story is either weak or it just doesn't make sense... I can't really remember. The gameplay makes up for it though.[/quote]

The story makes no sense whatsoever. Please do not attempt to reconcile what is going on with the story, it may cause your head to explode.

bread's done
Back