EB Games Black Friday SUPER SALE!

I decided to stop dealing with EB after one of the clerks called me a "precious little aspie" for not preordering the MGS HD Limited Edition. Of course, said clerk and the manager of that store told me over an over not to preorder yet because the game had been delayed till 2012.

[quote name='Nukkus']I decided to stop dealing with EB after one of the clerks called me a "precious little aspie" for not preordering the MGS HD Limited Edition. Of course, said clerk and the manager of that store told me over an over not to preorder yet because the game had been delayed till 2012.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you report them to their head office? Aspie is pretty offensive and EBs do turnovers like nobody's business.

[quote name='afterburn999']Did they change their name back to ebgames ? I could swear when i used to type in ebgames.ca it would redirect me to gamestop.ca[/QUOTE]

All their print ads only has EB on them.

EVERY reference to GS is removed.

hmmmmm...Even their email newsletters are EB only.

GS.ca is gone...

[quote name='Nukkus']I decided to stop dealing with EB after one of the clerks called me a "precious little aspie" for not preordering the MGS HD Limited Edition. Of course, said clerk and the manager of that store told me over an over not to preorder yet because the game had been delayed till 2012.[/QUOTE]

Man, if I stopped shopping at places where 1 or 2 employees pissed me off, I'd never shop at EB, FS, BB, McDonalds, Wal-Mart and a few other places. Come to think of it, I wouldn't shop anywhere.

[quote name='gamer602']All their print ads only has EB on them.

GS.ca is gone...[/QUOTE]

That's bizarre. These last few years they've been changing EB Games stores signs into GameStops.

[quote name='Mr.']That's bizarre. These last few years they've been changing EB Games stores signs into GameStops.[/QUOTE]

Well, I seem to recall a news article regarding falling sales @ GameStop store in Canada versus EB Games Locations!?

Seems like every reference to GS is removed online and inshore!!!

This is a shock to see the site is now EBGames.ca. I never knew they had changed the name of the site.

It seems they also changed their free shipping to be $20 or more instead of $39.99 or more.

It might have to do with the fact that some people hate GameStop but like EBGames? I've seen people like that so it wouldn't shock me if they are rebranding back to EBGames.

[quote name='Booyakz']No leaks on Canadian deals, eh? I hope it matches the US flyer...[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it... :cry:

[quote name='gamer602']All their print ads only has EB on them.

GS.ca is gone...[/QUOTE]

click on the OP's link... it says "gamestop" on that page 5 times! ;)

[quote name='Booyakz']No leaks on Canadian deals, eh? I hope it matches the US flyer...[/QUOTE]

We dont usually get anything like the american flyer. If anything, we usually get worse, or something unique unlike their deals.

weak indeed, I'm hoping that's not all there is to it.

Definitely grabbing Heavy Rain though, been waiting for that price point for Director's cut.

The trade in 2 get 60 is good deal and the trade console for 100$ is great for those looking to dump their wii and get another console. You will probably never get 100$ for you wii again considering they sell the refurb wii's at 89.99.

Its nice that you can put the 100$ towards a 3ds this time around. With the zelda 3ds coming out friday also its the perfect time to get a 3ds.

Maybe they will do the game of the day thing again. sometimes they are hit and miss though but always worth checking in each day for. did not see this in the flyer though so who knows what else they may do. its going on for the week

[quote name='Pale-Dim']The trade in 2 get 60 is good deal and the trade console for 100$ is great for those looking to dump their wii and get another console. You will probably never get 100$ for you wii again considering they sell the refurb wii's at 89.99.[/QUOTE]

But Skyward Sword just came out! Those new Wii don't have backwards compatibility and also probably can't play Xenoblade.

I like how the "Trade 2 for $60 towards *any* purchase or pre-purchase" really means two wards another game. BS. Gotta love fine-print. I was going to use it to pre-purchase a Vita. PS3's TIV used to be $125 anyway, I wonder if a guy could find some used Wii's on kijiji for $50.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I like how the "Trade 2 for $60 towards *any* purchase or pre-purchase" really means two wards another game. BS. Gotta love fine-print.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? The fine-print only mentions the regular $8 TIV current-gen games. It seems to be valid on Vita.

hey it's buy one get one move titles but the only one worthwhile there seems to be sly collection. Any other CAG down to meet up and get 2 Sly collections? We could get them for only 15 bucks each then

[quote name='Naylord']hey it's buy one get one move titles but the only one worthwhile there seems to be sly collection. Any other CAG down to meet up and get 2 Sly collections? We could get them for only 15 bucks each then[/QUOTE]

I'd love to, except that I picked it up for $10 at the PS lounge launch last Sunday. >.< Additionally, if you click on the link, the Sly Collection isn't on that page, it's replaced by High Velocity Bowling.

Wondering out loud, can I trade in my Wii for $100 towards a Vita?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Booyakz']

Wondering out loud, can I trade in my for $100 towards a Vita?[/QUOTE]

Your what?

I don't think you can trade in handhelds though, but I'm gonna be trying to trade in both my Xboxes for the PSP and the Zelda 3DS.

[quote name='Booyakz']I'd love to, except that I picked it up for $10 at the PS lounge launch last Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Awww, I missed it. I just got back a couple Fridays ago and slept through the weekend (jet lag). I would totally love Sly for $10, but maybe not enough to get out of bed since I already played all three on PS2. Anything else at the PS Lounge that's worth checking out?

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I like how the "Trade 2 for $60 towards *any* purchase or pre-purchase" really means two wards another game. BS. Gotta love fine-print. I was going to use it to pre-purchase a Vita. PS3's TIV used to be $125 anyway, I wonder if a guy could find some used Wii's on kijiji for $50.[/QUOTE]

You can use that $60 towards anything.

bread's done
Back