EB Games.ca Now Sells Games Online!

KILLER TREKKY

CAGiversary!
EB Games.ca which has changed to Gamestop.ca now sells games online. Some of the used games seam pretty reasonably priced, especially if you can't find it in a local store.

Does anyone else find it funny Gamestop.com just implemented the mandatory case and manual when gamestop.ca comes out and doesn't have the cag discounts AND doesn't enforce the mandatory case and manual?

[quote name='Lockescythe']couple of interesting gets. FNR4 is listed at 19.99 on website but isn't available online. Might be same in stores.Used is 14.99 PS3.

Meh edge credit doesn't kill tax like it should.

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=201354

sold out now. You're welcome to whoever grabbed it.[/QUOTE]

I managed to order a couple of copies, but this strongly looks like an error so I'm not optimistic that my order will be honored.

EDIT: That link has already been corrected to the PSP version of Fight Night Round 3, so the chances for people who managed to order-it online to get their order shipped looks slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kgroat']Hopefully if you pre order on the site you'll be guaranteed the pre order bonus[/QUOTE]

The couple of pre-order games I've clicked on (L4D2, AC2) don't even mention the bonuses like they do on the american site. I'm not sure why none of them are listed, but I would hope that you'd be guaranteed them if you pre order on the site.

Doesn't Future Shop and Best Buy price match Used Games? If so, couldn't you use this to PM and avoid the sharp shipping?

And with the Trade-in Values, you can comment and add suggestions fro the site, there's a page I found for suggestions, since it's still a work in progress. Looks like a clone of the US site however, as it's got pages (affiliate) that don't apply to Canada. :p Still, my local EB is small, and generally doesn't have all the games I want.

No case + manual guarantee makes it kind of meh.

Often when PMing online stores, FS and BB will add next day shipping to the costs.. if they insist on doing that, that would kill it too. Plus I don't think they have a great selection of used games in store.

Might be useful to judge tivs since we can see if selling prices drop.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Selling games on-line, you say? Why this concept could catch on someday!

Welcome to 2003 EB/GS Canada[/QUOTE]

LOL :lol:

Placed a fairly large order but the status was quickly changed to closed, and as they describe it, it means it's been canceled, oh well guess I won't be buying from them...

[quote name='KILLER TREKKY']Doesn't Future Shop and Best Buy price match Used Games? If so, couldn't you use this to PM and avoid the sharp shipping?[/QUOTE]

That's if you can find some decent stock in a FS/BB used game section ~_~ all I see is shit when I go there.

[quote name='TripleQ']No case + manual guarantee makes it kind of meh.[/QUOTE]

Do they at least tell you when a game doesn't have one or the other? If so then it's fine, if not then fuck it.

Holy crap the selection SUCKS. And EB Games sells digital content!? XD HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA! XD

If you want a deal online: Steam is selling Overlord 1+expansion pack and Overlord 2 for $9.50CND.

INB4 fat nerd: "hur hur nut wurth TEW BUX LAWL"

Wow....so the day has finally come? But like what was said earlier, the selection is pretty bad. This would have been so useful if they listed a lot of the older PS2 games so I could see which stores have them....that would have made tracking down the last few games I need for my collection a lot easier. :'(

But it's weird to see that places in Toronto still have the deluxe edition of Demon's Souls in stock. 0_o

[quote name='TronB']But it's weird to see that places in Toronto still have the deluxe edition of Demon's Souls in stock. 0_o[/QUOTE]

They're in weird parts though, like way out east (Scarborough) and some weird PO BOX address store. I'm guessing this is good for the collectors...

But you know RFD is going to try to flip this now! :D

Well I pretty much figure if I'm able to get to it by TTC, I don't care how close/far the location is. xD And that one would have been very easy for me to get to. Oh well, hopeully they'll add more games to the cataloge because I have a lot of other games I need to track down.

I can just imagine someone trying to flip the deluxe edition...haha :cool:

Are the in-store prices the same as the online prices? If so, at least it makes it a little easier to compare prices between retailers...

:lol: I like how the Gamecube section only has Gameboy Color stuff in it :roll:

Edit: The GBC travel case is preorder only :lol: It ships 23/08/2097...

Huh, I guess I'm glad they finally started doing it. I don't get why these places don't leverage the fact that they have stores and let you do free shipping to stores though.

And, I know the site's dead again or something, but I presume they use Canada Post?

Does "check in-store availability" work for anyone else? When I enter my postal code (with and without a dash) it tells me to enter one that's valid...

Well I guess one thing will be interesting to see, and I know everyone is wondering it, is if they will actually have equivalent sales to their US counterpart. I hope they do, because it sucks when they have good online sales and we are not able to participate. Maybe this will change it?

[quote name='gamer602']enter it with a space

v2y 7r5[/QUOTE]

Oh man, that simple, huh? Thanks :cool:

[quote name='strife18']Well I guess one thing will be interesting to see, and I know everyone is wondering it, is if they will actually have equivalent sales to their US counterpart. I hope they do, because it sucks when they have good online sales and we are not able to participate. Maybe this will change it?[/QUOTE]

Hmm...well for things like Amazon.com and Amazon.ca, they have different sales, right? I always assumed it would be the same for something like this, too?

[quote name='gamer602']enter it with a space

v2y 7r5[/QUOTE]

heh everytime I see someone correct someone else on a postal/zip code I immediately think of my trip down to florida...

stop at some random gas station that you have to put a zip code in (when you use your credit card). Explained to the hick american that we don't have zip codes in canada so how do I get around it. He didn't believe me and called me a liar to which i just started laughing at the ignorance even when i tried to explain we had postal codes

proceeds to tell me to get lost so I go to the next gas station down the highway that understands what a canadian is

...good ol north carolina ;)

I am happy they have a website for price check / store stock check, but I will not shop there with these ridiculous prices for shipping.

I did email them telling them it did not make sense and I suggest we do all the same.

If not many people order from their website, they will have to lower the shipping fees.

If we don't try, we won't know the possible results.

Lol I had 30.27$ of credit left so I spent it on NFL 09 Colectors. I was bout to buy used for 19.99 then saw that it was 19.89 NEW so i ordered it lol.

Wasn't done whoops... Yeah 19.99 seems cheapish but then there was 4.99 handling and 3.23 taxes. So it was like 28.11 in the end

So if I buy NEW games from their online store, will they still be gutted with a large fucking round sticker on the side?

[quote name='jeffx']So if I buy NEW games from their online store, will they still be gutted with a large fucking round sticker on the side?[/QUOTE]

lol maybe they need to take a picture of an empty case for a "display copy" online

Can you get them to ship to store for free, or do you have to go pickup a copy already their if you order online and want to save on shipping?

bread's done
Back