EB Games Columbus Day Sales 10/9-10/17 [some deals are only 2 days]

tenzor

CAGiversary!
UPDATE #2
The ebgames.com website has the scan of the actual flyer here is the link
Cheap ass link

UPDATE
There are two parts to this sale, one is from 10/10 through 10/11 which is the special 2 day sale. (Mostly the $9.99, $4.99 games are only for those two days). The second part which is just the regular sale begins 10/10 and goes through 10/17.

Gamecube Deals
*F-Zero GX - $9.99
*Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles $39.99
*Flash Memory Card 2x $4.99
*Spiderman 2 $39.99 after $10 eb gift voucher
*Midway Arcade Treasures $9.99

Playstation 2
*Eye Toy $29.99
*The Hobbit $4.99
*10.00 EB Games mail in gift voucher w/ purchase of Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and Mortal Kombat Deception
*The Suffering $19.99 after $10 eb gift voucher
*Psi-Ops $19.99 after $10 eb gift voucher
*Max Payne $9.99
*Max Payne 2 Fall of Max Payne $9.99
*Legecy of Kain Defiance $9.99

XBOX
*Save $10.00 when you buy Full Spectrum Warrior and Xbox Live Kit
*The Hobbit $4.99
*10.00 EB Games mail in gift voucher w/ purchase of Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and Mortal Kombat Deception
*The Suffering $19.99 after $10 eb gift voucher
*Psi-Ops $19.99 after $10 eb gift voucher
*Max Payne $9.99
*Max Payne 2 Fall of Max Payne $9.99
*Legecy of Kain Defiance $9.99

N-Gage
*N-Gage QD System - $99.99 after $100 mail in rebate w/In store activation

PC
*DOOM 3 $39.99 after $5 instant savings & $10 EB gift mail in voucher
*Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War - $44.99
*Call of Duty - $9.99
*Zoo Empire - $9.99
*Spiderman 2 -$19.99
*Save $5.00 instantly on the following PC games
-Age of Mythology Gold
-Dark Age of Camelot Catabcomb
-Everquest Plat.
-Rise of Nations Gold Edition
-Warcraft 3 Battlechest
-Neverwinter Nights Plat.
-Sid Meier's Civilization 3
-Medieval Total War Battle Collection

GBA
*Spiderman 2 - $19.99

Accesories
*Red Octane Ignition Dance Pad - $89.99

Free Stuff
*Free Tony Hawk 2 Strategy Guide after EB games mail in gift voucher when you purchase Tony Hawk 2 game and guide book
*Free Metroid 2 Echoes Shirt w/pre order of Metroid 2 on GC

Trade in deals
*Gameboy Advance SP $49.99 w/ trade in of working GBA system and one GBA game
*$30.00 TRADE IN CREDIT toward the purchase of Tony Hawk Underground 2 when you trade in 2 select PS2,XBOX, or Gamecube Games
*Receive an additional $25 trade in credit after EB games gift voucher when you trade in 5 select PS2, XBOX, or Gamecube Games

$4.99 Pre Played Games
*Pre-Played Madden NFL 2004 PS2,XBOX ONLY [no GC]
*Pre-Played Dragonball Z Budokai PS2 ONLY
*Pre-Played Splinter Cell XBOX ONLY

Save $5.00 off instantly off any Pre-Played game $19.99 or more

November 9th Midnight Madness (12:00am)Pre Order your copy of *Halo 2 now and come pick it up at midnight on Nov 9th

Is the the THUG 2 trade in deal only good till the end of today or is it good till the 17th. I am on vacation and the computer I am on is all fuddged up so I am troble seeing the ad.

[quote name='Final Starman']>_<

EB games online won't let me proceed to checkout in Firefox.[/quote]

im not using firefox or whatever... im using just IE. its not working for me too. i think something wrong with the site.

I went to my local EB Games today and picked up Call of Duty for $10. Of course, I was the only person in the store as usual and the Gamestop across the street had a lot more people. They had signs on the shelves all over the stores for the sales they were having at the time, but even then, the employee working there didn't know anything about them. Anyway, I'm happy that I finally took advantage of one of these sales because I almost always miss them. Next time, I'll probably pick up an Edge card and try out Donkey Konga (someone was busy playing Paper Mario, so I couldn't try it out).

Thanks again CAG. :D

[quote name='Final Starman']>_<

EB games online won't let me proceed to checkout in Firefox.[/quote]

I have random odd problems when using Firefox on the EBGames.com and Gamestop.com sites, sometimes it won't let me remove items from my cart, as well as not do checkouts properly.

On those two, I use IE and have zero problems. How shocking. :shock:

[quote name='cag1000']soo should i have done it?

and also was that lady right about the le version?[/quote]

Yes, she was right. You can't walk into a store and find Madden LE right now, can you? The same deal will apply to the Halo most likely. You may get lucky and get one that was pre-ordered but not picked up, but you would save yourself a lot of hassle if you just pre-ordered.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='crucify']ARGH. The reason why I was so certain that it was Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow that was going to be $4.99 is because we got shelf talkers saying so. "Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow XBox $4.99", plain as plain could be. Opened up a box of flyers today, and what is on the front page but a picture of the FIRST Splinter Cell for Xbox priced at $4.99. So either the person who wrote the shelf talkers messed up, or the person who did the flyers. Unfortunately it was probably the person who did the shelf talkers.

EB has some sort of disclaimer on all of their handouts, I forget the exact wording, but it's something along the lines of, "If we typo, it's not our fault so we won't honor it." They put the wrong title down for deals all the time. You can look at your local EB during the 10th & 11th to see if the shelf talker is there and maybe the employees will honor it.[/quote]

shelf talkers????[/quote]

Oh, sorry. Shelf-talkers are little cardboard signs that the stores use to advertise deals. They're usually stuck into the shelves somehow, near stuff they apply to.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I went to EB today and got Call of Duty for $10 and was able to get Pandora Tomorrow for $5, but they took down the ads for PT after I got it. I also traded in 5 old games for San Andreas, including Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot which I got for $2 at Blockbuster.[/quote]

If you don't like SC:pT ill pay 20 for it

Picked up a non-player's choice copy of F-Zero GX for $10. Pretty psyched about that. I already have a used copy but I am gonna hang onto this one and keep it sealed for a while.....

[quote name='trunks982']is there something wrong with the site? i couldnt buy anything from ebgames.com it just take me straight back to my cart.[/quote]

I get same problem if I use IE, Try use netscape. i think must be something wrong with the IE setup but I am too lazy to find what is wrong.

[quote name='ajh2298']Is the the THUG 2 trade in deal only good till the end of today or is it good till the 17th. I am on vacation and the computer I am on is all fuddged up so I am troble seeing the ad.[/quote]

Can somebody with the ad or who did this deal please hook me up with a answer to this?

locally they said to end of week. Then again they have no clue what they are talking about locally. i traded in 4 games got 2 copieso of THUG2 for GBA + 2 pennies

[quote name='ajh2298'][quote name='ajh2298']Is the the THUG 2 trade in deal only good till the end of today or is it good till the 17th. I am on vacation and the computer I am on is all fuddged up so I am troble seeing the ad.[/quote]

Can somebody with the ad or who did this deal please hook me up with a answer to this?[/quote]

I am 90% sure its good through the 17th

bread's done
Back