EB Games Crap Friday Sale

Hmmm, I will have to keep an eye on this one. Some of EB's deals in the past have been hit and miss ... here's hoping this one has a few good items.

If the deals are good and people respond well to them, maybe next year more stores (different stores) will have Black Friday sales.

[quote name='charleytony']If the deals are good and people respond well to them, maybe next year more stores (different stores) will have Black Friday sales.[/QUOTE]

Futureshop and Best Buy had one last year. I remember a whole bunch of EA games were on sale. Left 4 Dead 2 was on sale for $39.99, 10 days after it was released. Here's hoping we see that again this year.

^^Agreed, that is when I got Dragon Age. $39.99 for a new release was great. I will certainly be watching for any black Friday deals.

Can't help but think that EA didn't get great numbers on that deal, so we may not see it again. $20 off is the sweet spot for me, at 39.99 I will buy a game I am on the fence about, $10 off only really helps if it is a day one, no doubt purchase.

Yes, $39.99 recent releases would be well received.

Hell, if new games cost $39.99 every day, I'd buy a lot more!

I just remembered that I also got Dragon Age Origins at the canadian black friday. I had just bought AC2 and couldn't buy DAO at full price the same week.

[quote name='Talus']Yes, $39.99 recent releases would be well received.

Hell, if new games cost $39.99 every day, I'd buy a lot more![/QUOTE]

THQ is trying a new strategy of releasing their games at $39.99 and hopefully making money off DLC. I'm not sure if it's all of their releases or just some of the ones that would normally flop at $59.99.

the week after FS had dragon age 39.99 they had every game in the store Buy 2 get 1 free(best buy did it too unadvertised) ...thats what I want to see again. Luckily the local one left mispriced dragon age at 39.99 when that started

$35 for Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit would be nice for some store to have during Black Friday here in Canada. There really isn't anything else I'm looking to buy beyond Hot Pursuit and GT5 in 2010. I can always have Goomba buy it for me from the U.S.

I think there will be some good sales again this year. They want us to spend our money here and not in the U.S.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I think there will be some good sales again this year. They want us to spend our money here and not in the U.S.[/QUOTE]

Actually sale prices for the holiday season were set a while ago, and with the strong Loonie retailers will probably be nervous that Canadians will balk at their prices. With the cost of gas though, I'm afraid of leaving the house! :lol:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Actually sale prices for the holiday season were set a while ago, and with the strong Loonie retailers will probably be nervous that Canadians will balk at their prices. With the cost of gas though, I'm afraid of leaving the house! :lol:[/QUOTE]

And just as it was reported on CTV: strong Loonie + HST = hesitation
Bravo for the lady who said she'd rather spend money on building up the Canadian economy rather than south of the border :D I couldn't have said it any better...

[quote name='Heartless18']THQ is trying a new strategy of releasing their games at $39.99 and hopefully making money off DLC. I'm not sure if it's all of their releases or just some of the ones that would normally flop at $59.99.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, makes me wonder if they'll just be releasing stripped down versions of games and selling key parts as DLC.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Hmm, makes me wonder if they'll just be releasing stripped down versions of games and selling key parts as DLC.[/QUOTE]
An exaggerated scenario:
"EACH ADDITIONAL, SUBSEQUENT STORY CHAPTER ONLY $4.99!"
What did our base $39.99 get us?
...character models and the first 3 levels?

But wait, multiplayer is available for this game!
"GET THE 4P SPLIT SCREEN CO-OP PACK FOR ONLY $9.99!"

Ok, well...at least I can save my game and progress for later...
"UNLOCK SAVE-GAME MODE WITH THE 'SAVE ME!' DLC! COMING NOVEMBER 24, 2012!"

Hey remember last years the 12 days of gaming ? I picked up AC2 Assassins Edition and James Cameron's Avatar Collectors Edition for $30 each ( IMO i thought Avatar The Game was pretty good not too bad ) but the AC2 Assassins Edition was DEFINITLY WORTH IT

I hope this year we get good deals too but as a previous poster said some sales were a HIT and some were a M-I-S-S maybe we will have the same deals as the United States if this is the case then.... was the United States Black Friday Gamestop deals good at all ?

I also remember the last EB sale (earlier this year) when they offered sports games from 3 years ago for a higher price than they would have cost used...or shovelware Wii games that never should have been created. That last sale whenever it was...such a joke

I'm hoping for a few games but we'll see what happens when the sale hits. Games I'm keeping an eye out for are:
AssCreed: Brohood, Castlevania, Dante's Inferno ($10 would be nice), Dead Rising 2, Enslaved ($20 hopefully), Fable 3, FO: New Vegas, Green Day: RB (still waiting for this one to go on clearance), Metro 2033, NFS: Hot Pursuit, Singularity, Spider-Man: SD, Split/Second, Star Wars: TFU2, Vanquish

...ya just a couple :lol:

an unofficial post on GFAQ's posted what appears to be a few of the USA's Black Friday Deals as well. Who knows if they're true but if they are and we get even a fraction of that I'll be more than content.

UNOFFICIAL USA GAMESTOP B.F. DEALS: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/57121468
$34.99
- Halo: Reach
- Fable III
- Rock Band 3
- Fallout: New Vegas
- NBA 2K11

$24.99
- Red Dead Redemption
- Casltevania: Lords of Shadow
- Enslaved: Odssey to the West
- Dead Rising 2
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

$14.99
- Alan Wake
- Final Fantasy XIII
- UFC Undisputed 2010
- Transformers: War of Cybertron
- Metro 2033

$9.99
- Borderlands
- Tekken 6
- Darksiders
- Bayonetta
- Dante's Inferno

as I said it came from a GFAQ's board so obviously take it with a grain of salt until it becomes official but if these are the USA deals I cant wait to see ours. Madden 2007 for $20? Any takers? :roll:

[quote name='kyle071785']Green Day: RB (still waiting for this one to go on clearance)[/QUOTE]

Right now Green Day is $39.96 at The Source for PS3. Not an awesome price, but you may want to keep note of local stock now in case it really drops. Some RFDers seem to check The Source webpage on a daily basis, so you want to be in on the early hours of such a big price drop.

[quote name='kyle071785']I also remember the last EB sale (earlier this year) when they offered sports games from 3 years ago for a higher price than they would have cost used...or shovelware Wii games that never should have been created. That last sale whenever it was...such a joke

I'm hoping for a few games but we'll see what happens when the sale hits. Games I'm keeping an eye out for are:
AssCreed: Brohood, Castlevania, Dante's Inferno ($10 would be nice), Dead Rising 2, Enslaved ($20 hopefully), Fable 3, FO: New Vegas, Green Day: RB (still waiting for this one to go on clearance), Metro 2033, NFS: Hot Pursuit, Singularity, Spider-Man: SD, Split/Second, Star Wars: TFU2, Vanquish

...ya just a couple :lol:

an unofficial post on GFAQ's posted what appears to be a few of the USA's Black Friday Deals as well. Who knows if they're true but if they are and we get even a fraction of that I'll be more than content.

UNOFFICIAL USA GAMESTOP B.F. DEALS: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/57121468
$34.99
- Halo: Reach
- Fable III
- Rock Band 3
- Fallout: New Vegas
- NBA 2K11

$24.99
- Red Dead Redemption
- Casltevania: Lords of Shadow
- Enslaved: Odssey to the West
- Dead Rising 2
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

$14.99
- Alan Wake
- Final Fantasy XIII
- UFC Undisputed 2010
- Transformers: War of Cybertron
- Metro 2033

$9.99
- Borderlands
- Tekken 6
- Darksiders
- Bayonetta
- Dante's Inferno

as I said it came from a GFAQ's board so obviously take it with a grain of salt until it becomes official but if these are the USA deals I cant wait to see ours. Madden 2007 for $20? Any takers? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Same here BUT only if some of those titles are priced for the PS3 as well ! like Dead Rising 2 or..... actually that's it cause Fallout New Vegas is a mess still ... and i don't think i would give a company money for a horribly buggy game. others are pretty good priced ( if your into them games )

Toys R Us Toys & Games deals for the Black Friday 2010 :bouncy: includes Alive Cub Leopard Plush for $24.99, All Character Flip-Open Sofas with Slumber for $22.49, All Character High Back Chairs for $14.99, All LeapFrog ClickStart Software Buy 1 Get 1 Free for $19.99, All Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh & Club Penguin Collector Tins for 50% off.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Do you guys think th gamestop games will be available online?[/QUOTE]

most of the time these Black Friday sales are never online (in-store only) from my experience unless an ad says it will be specifically.

From RFD (credit to Fearless):

XBOX 360:
CRACKDOWN 2 49.99$
MODERN WAFARE 2 44.99$
CALL OF DUTY waw 29.99$
BLUR 34.99$
APACHE 39.99$
SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION 14.99$
IRON MAN 2 24.99$
MEDAL OF HONOR 54.99$
SIM 3 54.99$
NHL 11 54.99$
MADEN 11 54.99$
FIFA 11 54.99$
TIGER WOOD 11 54.99$
MMA SPORT 54.99$

PS3:
GOD OF WAR 3 39.99$
MOD NATION RACER 39.99$
GRAND TOURISMO 5 59.99$
ALL GREATEST HITS ( 14.99$) UNCHARTED 1 . KILLZONE 2. INFAMOUS 1 , RACHET CLANK Tools of Destruction ONLY!) thx nettles
MEDAL OF HONOR 54.99$
UFC 2010 29.99$
PRINCE OF PERSIA SAND OF TIME 14.99$
SIM 3 54.99$
NHL 11 54.99$
MADEN 11 54.99$
FIFA 11 54.99$
TIGER WOOD 11 54.99$
MMA SPORT 54.99$

PS3 160GB with NHL 11 + INFAMOUS 299.99$

WII:
MARIO SONIC OLYMPIC 29.99$
NHL 2K11 19.99$
WIPEOUT 24.99$
NHL SLAPSHOT 54.99$

PSP:
PSP SYTEM 3000 + LITTLE BIG PLANET + KARATE KID MOVIE + 1 GB STICK 129.99$
PSP GO WITH 3 DOWNLAOD GAME FOR 149.99$

LOCO ROCO 2 9.99$
TWISTED METAL 9.99$
LOGAN SHADOW 9.99$
SOCOM 9.99$
GRAND TOURISMO 19.99$

Hardware/Other:
Turtle Beach PX21 $79.99
Turtle Beach X11 $59.99
Band Hero Kit $99
Tony Hawk Ride $49.99

...at least not I know I won't have to go to EB on Friday :)

[quote name='kyle071785']From RFD (credit to Fearless):

XBOX 360:
SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION 14.99$

[/QUOTE]

Looks like they are getting rid of all the copies that were traded in from Futureshop last month ...

I called the store last night and was told the PS3 bundle and the Greatest Hits Games Half off but that's it. i'm looking at this list and .. i just don't care for it. the prices are horrible if i was a PoP Fan i would have bought Sand Of Time for $14.99.

I'll see what Amazons got going on....

Wow, aside from Splinter Cell and the PS3 greatest hits games, those prices are different from their regular prices how again.....

Is that all PS3 Greatest Hits or just Uncharted, Killzone 2, InFamous and Tools of Destruction? And is POP Sands of Time the download from PSN or is it Forgotten Sands?

[quote name='Mr.']Is that all PS3 Greatest Hits or just Uncharted, Killzone 2, InFamous and Tools of Destruction? [/QUOTE]

Just the ones listed.

The USA gets way better deals than us. If i was in the states i could of gotten The lord of the rings trilogy, Bayonetta, Castlevania, Alan wake and Dead Rising 2 all for 100 bucks.

[quote name='afterburn999']The USA gets way better deals than us. If i was in the states i could of gotten The lord of the rings trilogy, Bayonetta, Castlevania, Alan wake and Dead Rising 2 all for 100 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Black Friday is a US thing. Besides we got Boxing Day in just a month; probably won't find the same savings as the states, at least it has to be better than what they are offering up here for this weekend.

Any opinion on what a good price is to pull the trigger on a new PSP-3000? The $130 bundle doesn't seem too shabby (?) but I don't really care about the Little Biggie and Karate Kid it comes with.

I second that PSP question. I'm looking to buy a new 3000 model to upgrade from my old 1000, and that bundle for $129 seems promising...

That PSPGo $150 deal is very enticing. Rest, I must say, is mush. IMO anyways, it's not like I went and looked it over twice.

EDIT: Aye, thanks for the flyer, Talus.

Their Facebook person is insinuating that some of the US deals will be available through Gamestop.ca on Friday as online exclusives.

I mentioned that we were getting hosed on deals, and if they wanted to keep people in Canada they were gonna have to try harder than that. Their Facebook person asked which deals I was most excited about. I provided a list and was told the online deals will be "right up my street."

So, we'll see.

Btw Fallout: New Vegas is $39.99 south of the border, not $34.99 as was originally reported.

[quote name='Heartless18']THQ is trying a new strategy of releasing their games at $39.99 and hopefully making money off DLC. I'm not sure if it's all of their releases or just some of the ones that would normally flop at $59.99.[/QUOTE]

Thats so awesome, but crappy for me at the same time. I will buy lots of games at 39.99 and can hardly play all the ones i already have lol.

[quote name='djsaiyan']Their Facebook person is insinuating that some of the US deals will be available through Gamestop.ca on Friday as online exclusives.

I mentioned that we were getting hosed on deals, and if they wanted to keep people in Canada they were gonna have to try harder than that. Their Facebook person asked which deals I was most excited about. I provided a list and was told the online deals will be "right up my street."

So, we'll see.

Btw Fallout: New Vegas is $39.99 south of the border, not $34.99 as was originally reported.[/QUOTE]

Go buy a EB gift card and you'll be able to shop online!
but it's a totally crap sale.

Not 1 item is a good deal.

[quote name='Super Strokey']how is that PS3 headset? Looks interesting[/QUOTE]

I think the price is OK, but do understand that it is wired, not wireless. Most people PS3 headset=wireless bluetooth.

Also, I think waiting a bit on buying a PSP might be a good idea. The PSP2 is going to be announced soon, just watch the price of PSP's drop everywhere.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']
Also, I think waiting a bit on buying a PSP might be a good idea. The PSP2 is going to be announced soon, just watch the price of PSP's drop everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Sony won't announce any psp2 news not until after the holidays. The psp2 won't be ready for NA consumers for at least 6-8 months after the unveiling.

bread's done
Back