EB Games Flyer Starting August 30

zeze

CAGiversary!
Feedback
132 (100%)
I was at EB Games today and saw the new flyer starting August 30
Here are the deals:

Trade in 6 games and get a free DS Lite
Games must have a minimum tiv of $8 and must be xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS, or PSP games
(ends October 4)

Buy a reguarly priced DS Lite and get one of these following games for free:
Brain Age
Brain Age 2
CrossWords DS
Flash Focus(I think)
Big Brain Academy(I think)

Trade in a game with a tiv of at least $8 and get one of the following games for free:
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
Hotel Dusk
Clubhouse Games
Brain Age
Brain Age 2
CrossWords DS
Flash Focus
Big Brain Academy
(ends October 4)

Battle of the Bands for Wii $9.99

Wii Play $49.99

Mario Galaxy $39.99

Mario Sluggers $39.99 (YMMV)

Frontlines for xbox 360 $29.99

And some other small deals that I can't remember

Also the Eb employee told me that they will probably have some unadvertised deals like a couple months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zeze']Also the Eb employee told me that they will probably have some unadvertised deals like a couple months ago.[/quote]

[quote name='afterburn999']i hope they have some bad ass unadvertised deals like they did back with the gamers day deals.[/quote]

Looking forward to these.

Wonder if you can stack the Trade-6 with the free game.

Thanks for the post.

[quote name='afterburn999']i hope they have some bad ass unadvertised deals like they did back with the gamers day deals.[/quote]

I'm gonna keep my eyes on this place just in case, heh

Hotel Dusk is a pretty cool deal. Still want to pick that one up, haven't seen it lying around though. I hate trading in though >.>

[quote name='zeze']
Trade in 6 games and get a free DS Lite
Games must have a minimum tiv of $8 and must be xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS, or PSP games
[/quote]

am I reading that right????

trade in 6x$8 = 48 and get a DS Lite free?

wth....

DS Lite for 48....

Err, yeah.. they run that promotion quite frequently I believe. You just need to find games that qualify. ;)

[quote name='Kekumba']Err, yeah.. they run that promotion quite frequently I believe. You just need to find games that qualify. ;)[/quote]

are GS in Canada slightly worse? Do like most $30 used titles get only $8 TIV?

so if the games they quailify mean like a set list or any that get >8....

wish I had a friend in Canada that could score a cheap DS for me....

[quote name='xycury']are GS in Canada slightly worse? Do like most $30 used titles get only $8 TIV?

wish I had a friend in Canada that could score a cheap DS for me....[/QUOTE]

Ebs in Canada have better Tiv than gs in the us. For example, tiger woods 2007 trades in at $8 and is resold at $19.99

[quote name='xycury']are GS in Canada slightly worse? Do like most $30 used titles get only $8 TIV?

wish I had a friend in Canada that could score a cheap DS for me....[/quote]

It varies, really. For instance, right now Mass Effect has like a $2 TIV when it still sells for full price. Generally, they're not too bad, but there's some real head smackers.

Any game that is over $8 (and is on the list of accepted platforms) will work. A lot of people go to places like BBV and find cheap titles they think may have at least an $8 TIV and then go to EB. Same goes with sales and what not with qualifying games.

You could probably get someone from here in Canada to pick one up for you when we have a deal going on....though I doubt anyone would do it through this particular deal.

If you are creaming your jeans over the "trade 6 for a DS" where were you back when it was "trade 5 for a DS" (this was a month or two ago). I snagged 3 systems myself, all with games bought from the buy 2 get 1 free deal at blockbuster. I spent $128 on games to trade in and even had a couple games leftover to trade in for some games.

I'm pretty sure the guys American.. he just asked a little bit about the deal and some of our EB stuff. Relax.

Thats just copypasta.... Thanks for the effort I guess. This will probably be merged or deleted soon I guess.

exact same title...
exact same post...
NO CREDIT to OP...
I dunno, but this seems like a douch bag move to me?

Why did you come here from RFD?

Dunno if this is already found out but. I went to EB to pick up tales se and disgaea 3 (only me and some other dood bought the se of tales) and they told me one of the deals was, Trade in your 20gb 360 + 3 games (probably 360 games) worth $8 TIV and get the new 60gb model.

I personally am only tempted to do this considering my 360 only has component, and my tv has already warndown its ports. would be nice to have two devices that have hdmi inputs :) But then again, there goes all my files. I wished you could transfer them at eb.

Also, the guy said the sale starts of sunday, although he put in "I think" so I have my doubts.

[quote name='ChaosKnight']Also, the guy said the sale starts of sunday, although he put in "I think" so I have my doubts.[/quote]

I have the flyer and it says the sale starts tomorrow and ends on September 6

[quote name='v1et r1ce']I'm going to Canada this weekend. 6 games for a DS Lite sounds sweet. If I can find 6 games worth $8 though.[/QUOTE]

I put off doing the "trade 5 for a DS" deal for months because I thought it would be too much hassle to find cheap games that worked for the deal. It was amazingly easy. So easy that I bought extra games for my wife and friend to get them a DS as well.

Based on a post or two at RFD, I wrote down a few games that people thought worked. I then went to Blockbuster Video and wrote down some of the games they had, which I thought might work. I took a quick trip to EB and had them look up the value of every game on my list. I then headed back to BBV and bought a bunch of games for $10-15 each, plus they had a "buy 2 get 1 free" deal. EB does not allow duplicates of the same exact game for a promotion, although they do allow duplicates if they are for different systems. For example, I traded in "The Simpsons Game" for 360 and Wii.

In short, I couldn't believe how insanely easy and cheap it was. To top it off, there is NO TAX on the DS you receive, which, if you live in Ontario, is a huge deal (13% sales tax). In the end, I spent $118 cash out of pocket (for 9 games from BBV) plus one of my own games to get two DS. The next day I bought my friend 6 games from BBV and she got her own DS, plus one game leftover which she traded for Brain Age.

[quote name='ChaosKnight']I went to EB to pick up tales se and disgaea 3 (only me and some other dood bought the se of tales) and they told me one of the deals was, Trade in your 20gb 360 + 3 games (probably 360 games) worth $8 TIV and get the new 60gb model. [/quote]

This is rather tempting. I don't have much room left with all the Rock Band songs and the decent Live Arcade games coming out lately.

umm just a thought, if you guys decide to trade in your 20gb model to get a 60gb how are you going to get your content all moved, memory cards?, thats alot of work

There really isn't anything that good from what I saw at EB today. There could be more coming - as I was told some things started today and maybe more 2morrow, but right now, it's mainly the DS and 360 trade-ins that stand out.

Also, a bit of a surprise, but according to atleast two EBs in Winnipeg, starting today - i think today - they no longer will give you credit on your edge card. You have to put it towards something right there when you trade something in... which is lame, but putting it towards a pre-order will help you keep it. They told me it had to do with some laws or something. Probably the gov getting mad at tax free stuff and is trying to limit it.

Just to let people know that you can buy The Force unleashed, and if your not satisfied with it you can return it back within 7 days for a credit towards something else, I doing this then pre-order Fifa09, and it was the manager who said this and its on a poster in the store.

[quote name='Costa']Just to let people know that you can buy The Force unleashed, and if your not satisfied with it you can return it back within 7 days for a credit towards something else, I doing this then pre-order Fifa09, and it was the manager who said this and its on a poster in the store.[/quote]

That's actually a good idea. I don't want the game all that badly... but for full credit back might make me get this! Thanks for letting me know.

Reading the fine print, and only for the Trade-3 weekend are PS2 games are allowed. For the DS deal, T1G1, and the Trade-2 for NHL 2K9 Wii, only current-gen systems are allowed.

i went to get mario super sluggers and it was not 39.99, nor was it listed at all in the flyer cept the trade credit value.. just thought i would let everyone down like i was when i went to both stores and got the same answer, finally got a flyer and it wasnt there.....

oh and. rant time starts here ---->

I got a ds lite today. a blue black one. they tell me after i get it that the deal doesnt take effect till "tomorrow" which is pure bullship since there is nowhere in the flyer that actually says that so its a misprint or the guy isnt as aware as he should be. even managers barely know anything, and hey always seem to have something to hide. like the sales start today but the manager wont tell me about them? why...

[quote name='ChaosKnight']
Also, a bit of a surprise, but according to atleast two EBs in Winnipeg, starting today - i think today - they no longer will give you credit on your edge card. You have to put it towards something right there when you trade something in... which is lame, but putting it towards a pre-order will help you keep it. They told me it had to do with some laws or something. Probably the gov getting mad at tax free stuff and is trying to limit it.[/quote]
Hmm good to know, thanks for the heads up. Have a few pre-orders in the system and if any of those games get pushed back to next year this could cause some troubles for me as I will be moving to Vancouver (Yay!) and obviously won't be able to get my games at that location anymore.

Was planning on picking up Tiger Woods 09 for the wii with some credit on my edge card, but instead I will cancel one of my pre-orders to get it instead. This way I can still get the pre-order game with my credit if need be.

[quote name='imcrazy']Hmm good to know, thanks for the heads up. Have a few pre-orders in the system and if any of those games get pushed back to next year this could cause some troubles for me as I will be moving to Vancouver (Yay!) and obviously won't be able to get my games at that location anymore.

Was planning on picking up Tiger Woods 09 for the wii with some credit on my edge card, but instead I will cancel one of my pre-orders to get it instead. This way I can still get the pre-order game with my credit if need be.[/quote]

Are you coming for school or something?

strange. I traded stuff into eb for credit like wednesday and they allowed the credit to be thrown on the edge card.

I would have just used it to buy vesperia on the spot but sadly the CE wasn't in till friday.

I really hope that was just random douchebaggery of your store.

[quote name='gamer602']Are you coming for school or something?[/quote]
Yep although it is a permanent move. Once school is done I have no intention of coming back here (to put it nicely, I hate Winnipeg).

Also has anyone managed to get a free game (from the list) when they traded in one game?

Update on the edge card thing. Turns out this only applies to Winnipeg as it is part of a new By-Law. It gets worse, this also applies to any trade get it free deals (so no more trade 2 or 3, and I would assume trade 6 etc), the only deal not affected thus far is the "trade 2 + 10 dollars". Essentially anyone living in Winnipeg is screwed.

One more reason for me to hate this place. Everyone else can breathe easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I understand correctly, York Region in Ontario (where I live) has some bylaw about keeping pawned goods for a month before being allowed to sell it. EB here decided to just not take games in trade at all to avoid the hassle. I remember when this law was passed, all the EBs here put up a notice explaining what happened. I actually got into an argument with a manager because she claimed that "the cops won't let us take used games". I was like "no, the 'cops' are just saying you need to keep the games for a month, but you just don't want the hassle". I had to actually point it out to her right there on their sign, but she still insisted it was against the law to accept used games.

What they do instead is get shipments of used games in from other stores. What this means is that anytime I want to do a trade-in deal, I have to go within Toronto city limits. It also means that the used game selection near my house blows nuts. I also noticed that used game prices are much higher around here than in Toronto.

Yea, York region is fairly balls. Daily deals would be cool, but I don't know how many of these there are going to be.

[quote name='imcrazy']Update on the edge card thing. Turns out this only applies to Winnipeg as it is part of a new By-Law. It gets worse, this also applies to any trade get it free deals (so no more trade 2 or 3, and I would assume trade 6 etc), the only deal not affected thus far is the "trade 2 + 10 dollars". Essentially anyone living in Winnipeg is screwed.

One more reason for me to hate this place. Everyone else can breathe easy.[/quote]

:whistle2:& That is way too lame. I still was able to trade in 6 for my DS, atleast (I think the clerk was a little cautious about it cuz there was a cop eb at the time =P). I wonder if Blockbuster will follow considering they give you credit, too. In any case, this is disappointing.

[quote name='Zing']If I understand correctly, York Region in Ontario (where I live) has some bylaw about keeping pawned goods for a month before being allowed to sell it. EB here decided to just not take games in trade at all to avoid the hassle. I remember when this law was passed, all the EBs here put up a notice explaining what happened. I actually got into an argument with a manager because she claimed that "the cops won't let us take used games". I was like "no, the 'cops' are just saying you need to keep the games for a month, but you just don't want the hassle". I had to actually point it out to her right there on their sign, but she still insisted it was against the law to accept used games.

What they do instead is get shipments of used games in from other stores. What this means is that anytime I want to do a trade-in deal, I have to go within Toronto city limits. It also means that the used game selection near my house blows nuts. I also noticed that used game prices are much higher around here than in Toronto.[/quote]

Haha, I remember learning that last summer when I went to the Vaughan Mills EB. They wouldn't do a Trade 3 and told me it was law the City of Vaughan, bla bla bla. I thought the clerk was nuts, but then found out he was right.
Last time I was there a month ago, I found the Vaughan Mills selection OK. Not awe-inspiring, just OK. I do agree that the used prices in Vaghan Mills were a bit higher, but that could be because it's in the mall itself.

[quote name='imcrazy']Update on the edge card thing. Turns out this only applies to Winnipeg as it is part of a new By-Law. It gets worse, this also applies to any trade get it free deals (so no more trade 2 or 3, and I would assume trade 6 etc), the only deal not affected thus far is the "trade 2 + 10 dollars". Essentially anyone living in Winnipeg is screwed.

One more reason for me to hate this place. Everyone else can breathe easy.[/quote]

If it doesn't apply to the trade 2 + $10, maybe EB will change T3G1F to trade 3, get it for a buck. I'd be happy with that. Not holding my breath though.

I think the EB in Selkirk may get a bit more business also, if people are willing to take the trip.

No sir, I don't like it.

Oh wow. I just saw the Hotel Dusk reprint when I went out to the mall today. Pretty ugly, really easy to spot it's a reprint with the giant orange Touch Generations bar on top. Now I'm no longer disappointed I paid $25 for a used copy a while ago :)

bread's done
Back