EB Games Flyer - T3G1F Weekend, Sep 19th to Sep 21st

I went to EB today and picked up a flyer. Some are already well-spread.

Trade 3 Get It Free Weekend

Sep 19th thru Sep 21st. Pretty much the same as before.
- Valid on any new release or preorder.
- Valid towards PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, DS, 360 games
- $8 minimum value on each traded game
- Traded games must be complete
- [Need to be confirmed] PS2 and other last gen games may qualify for this weekend

Other highlights.

$10 off on Zapper ($14.99), Wii play ($49.99), Super Smash Bros. Brawl ($39.99), Super Mario Galaxy ($39.99). Discounted price in bracket.

Frontlines: Fuel of War (360) 49.99 $29.99
Big Beach Sports (Wii) - $29.99 $19.99
Battle fo the Bands (Wii) - 29.99 $9.99
Tabula Rasa (PC) - $19.99 $9.99

Trade 6 games, get DS Lite Free.
- only current gen games, $8 TIV required

Preorder FarCry 2 and get a bonus map and 6 in-game missions

Preorder NHL 2K9 Wii and get go-day subscription to NHL GameCentre Live & Free Wii Cap

Preorder DeBlob and get a free cap

Featured TIVs
Madden 09 (PS3, 360) - $35
Merc 2 (PS3, 360) - $35
Too human - $35
Mario Super Sluggers - $30
Tiger Woods 09 (PS3, 360) - $35
Harvest Moon (Wii) - $30
Disgaea 3 - $35
Soul Calibur 4 (PS3, 360) - $35

Not on the flyer but might put these as well. According to the ebgames website...

Sid Meier Civilization Revolution (PS3, 360) -$35
Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3, 360) - $35
Grid (PS3) - $35 (360 might be same)

You'll get far less hassle if they're complete; however there were a couple of times where I traded in some PS2 games with BBV cases and manual and they didn't care.

I usually find that it depends on the location, and who you actually deal with. Some don't seem to care if they're incomplete, but I know when I was at EB we'd usually want it to be complete to work for promos.

I wish I had 3 games to trade right now. I know I have 2 that I wouldn't mind trading, but I can't think of a third!

the T3G1F weekend deal lets you pre-order any upcoming games? because my local EB follows the pre-order list only. I'm not going to trade, I'm going to use my current credit. Any idea if I can use my credit to pre-order some games that weekend?

I remember when trading in a stack of games for the extra credit promo, the CSR didn't deduct anything for my disc-only games, which was nice. But YMMV of course.

You might be able to get away with putting inserts in the case (e.g. Gamecube safety booklets).

I still have my pre-orders from last time EB did this promotion back in March '07 for:

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5

with $69.99 credit on each of them. Therefore, I will receive $10 back in credit for each title when I go pick them up. Back then games in Canada retailed for $69.99. Hence, I received $10 credit back when picking up MGS4 and GTAIV this year.

[quote name='X-Factor']I still have my pre-orders from last time EB did this promotion back in March '07 for:

Final Fantasy XIII
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5

with $69.99 credit on each of them. Therefore, I will receive $10 back in credit for each title when I go pick them up. Back then games in Canada retailed for $69.99. Hence, I received $10 credit back when picking up MGS4 and GTAIV this year.[/quote]

Hopefully with something that far back you will get it. I recently picked up a game with $69.99 credit and they refused to give me the $10 because it was done using a trade 3. They even had the games listed for it. I argued a bit as I said basically you are selling the game to me at $10 over the price of the item. They argued back that I am getting it free so price is irrelevant. I was getting no where and I had a few other pre-orders so I didn't want to rock the boat. I wonder if I took this up with someone higher up if I would get the credit...

You're not supposed to get the $10 credit. I remember Ranzo saying something to that effect a long time ago. Some stores just don't know and do it anyway. We did just do a 3 for 1 deal after all so I can understand it.

[quote name='Firestorm']You're not supposed to get the $10 credit. I remember Ranzo saying something to that effect a long time ago. Some stores just don't know and do it anyway. We did just do a 3 for 1 deal after all so I can understand it.[/quote]

Thanks Firestorm. It makes sense that they wouldn't give the extra credit and I also understand why they wouldn't but, it never hurts to try. If our dollar dips and prices go back to $69.99, I wonder if they will make those with $59.99 credit pay more? lol.

[quote name='X-Factor']I still have my pre-orders from last time EB did this promotion back in March '07 for:

Final Fantasy XIII
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5
[/quote]

so this means this t3f1 deal lets you pre-order any game? :roll:

[quote name='cssgoat']so this means this t3f1 deal lets you pre-order any game? :roll:[/quote]

If it's in their system, you should be able to.

Just a reminder if your Pre-ordering Gears 2 the collector's edition is $69.99, since your allowed up to $69.99 you might want to get the version with extra's.
Also Fallout 3 collectors edition should be $79.99 the extra $10 might be worth it to you for a Lunchbox and Vault Boy Bobblehead :D

I hate how they word their promos. If you're trading in 3 games that have a minimum $8 trade in value then how exactly are you getting a game for free?

[quote name='slugbug']I hate how they word their promos. If you're trading in 3 games that have a minimum $8 trade in value then how exactly are you getting a game for free?[/quote]

How is that different from "buy an XBOX 360 and get two free games"? By "free" they mean "don't pay any extra money (on top of what you've already spent.)"

I'm getting some serious conflicting information here (From EB? No, NO - that could never happen ::rollyeyeface::)

I want to get the Gears LE, which is 69.99 - It's within the price range of the "trade 3" thinger.

So fine. I call. "We can't do that for limited editions"

"but it's 69.99 - which is within the limits"

:pause:

"Hmm, it is only $69.99. I guess I'll have to check on that"

"Can you do that, then?"

"Well, I'm by myself right now."

:pause:

"So... I'll stop in later today, or call back?"

"That'd be fine."

I called a different EB yesterday who said "Gears 2 isn't on our list, so no - it doesn't qualify"

>_<

Does the flyer say *any* game? With a max value? Can someone confirm? Because I have 3 games that are itching to find new homes, and that are just over $8 - not having to sell Super Mario Galaxy would make me tres happy

[quote name='Zowsky']awesome I think I'll pick up Civ Revolution for $35. Thanks for the heads up[/quote]
That's actually the TIV, not how much it sells for ;)

Just got back, pre-ordered Gears of War 2 and Prince of Persia :)

Here's what worked:

Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3)
The Golden Compass (360)
Viking (360)
Alien Syndrome (Wii)
Battalion Wars 2 (Wii)
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage (360)

What didn't:
Nights (Wii)
Turning Point (360)

[quote name='neksus']ah, but wouldn't it be nice if EB had a "purchase games for their TIV" day?[/quote]

Haha...now you're talking :lol:

Sweet I got Tales of Vesparia LE and GoW LE
Traded
PSP Crisis Core
Ps3 GTA 5 Prologue
Wii Trauma Center 2
Wii Raging Rabits
Wii Spiderwick Chronicles
Wii Manhunt 2

Now that this promotion is finished, can I still pre-order Fallout 3 CE with a T3G1F + cash to cover the rest?

It's still applicable for certain pre-order games right?
I remember doing it when GTA IV was first released. Don't recall a T3G1F promo going on back then.

[quote name='heimdal']Now that this promotion is finished, can I still pre-order Fallout 3 CE with a T3G1F + cash to cover the rest?

It's still applicable for certain pre-order games right?
I remember doing it when GTA IV was first released. Don't recall a T3G1F promo going on back then.[/quote]

Yes, Fallout 3 should still be on the T3G1F list.

Anyone have an updated list of the T3G1F games? If Fallout 3 or Fable II are on there I'll be happy :)

[quote name='game_fanatic']$35 seems pretty good for Battlefield: Bad Company![/quote]
that;s an awesome price.
I'll check my EB games soon.

Awesome. I think I'm just gonna get the regular edition of both. I actually like the regular boxes =O And I have satellite internet so online features never phase me ;)

[quote name='rmatheso']Just got back, pre-ordered Gears of War 2 and Prince of Persia :)

Here's what worked:

Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3)
The Golden Compass (360)
Viking (360)
Alien Syndrome (Wii)
Battalion Wars 2 (Wii)
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage (360)

What didn't:
Nights (Wii)
Turning Point (360)[/quote]

that's weird.

i just preordered gears 2 LE, left 4 dead, and smackdown vs raw and here's what worked for me:

nights (wii)
spiderwick chronicles (wii)
naruto (wii)
pirates: at worlds end (wii)
tony hawk proj. underground (wii)
we ski (wii)
ssx blur (wii)
dead or alive 4 (360)
smackdown vs raw 08 (360)

i tried trading in golden compass for 360 and that didn't work.

oh well.
heh

bread's done
Back