EB Games-GameDays Promo 2008 RETURNS MAY 23!FLYER NOW UP!!!!LINK!!!!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Be sure to pop into EB on the 23rd! There will be a massive sale on tons of games and stuff! I saw the ads at the Metropolis Eb....Maybe Ranzo can provide a full list of games accessories on sale....The only thing I saw was the 2 for 20 sale....

http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

hardware_may.jpg

Ranzo, does the manager or the dm make the hiring decisions...i once saw the dm send a newbie to wash the window outside the store.....her first task as she was led out and told that she was hired.

My store just got a new manager.....

[quote name='Ranzo']why not grab an elite while your at it.[/quote]

i actually might.....dont really like xbox thou.....never had anything other than nintendo consoles....psp is gonna be my first...what the price like, is there a trade deal?

360's great! I hated the original Xbox, but the 360 has a lot more variety =)
Tales of Vesperia is my most anticipated game at the moment.

[quote name='Firestorm']360's great! I hated the original Xbox, but the 360 has a lot more variety =)
Tales of Vesperia is my most anticipated game at the moment.[/quote]

how much did u pay? what version do u have?

[quote name='gamer602']how much did u pay? what version do u have?[/quote]

I have the 20 GB unit, but I got it from the Pepsi Contest. Which I'm very happy about, I dunno if I'd have bought it for cash, but looking at the times with it, it would have been worth it either way.

[quote name='Caro']lame deals, I thought condemned 2 was going to be 29.99$[/quote]

thats a small list of the games and i see some incorrect prices.

[quote name='Caro']lame deals, I thought condemned 2 was going to be 29.99$[/QUOTE]
I agree that the deals listed aren't exciting but those are only a few of the ones that are going to be on sale. I can't wait!

Hoping there'll b some ps3 game deals. Wanna start my library asap for when the MGS bundle hits.

Do they usually post their flyers on the ebgames.ca website? Nothing but promos there for now.

[quote name='Firestorm']I have the 20 GB unit, but I got it from the Pepsi Contest. Which I'm very happy about, I dunno if I'd have bought it for cash, but looking at the times with it, it would have been worth it either way.[/quote]
lucky

[quote name='EggViper']Hoping there'll b some ps3 game deals. Wanna start my library asap for when the MGS bundle hits.

Do they usually post their flyers on the ebgames.ca website? Nothing but promos there for now.[/quote]

It might be on the site. It was last year. Also will be in Fridays paper.

[quote name='Ranzo']thats a small list of the games and i see some incorrect prices.[/quote]

yay I'm excited again. :lol:

[quote name='JnJosh']i was in tonight doin some trades and also just askin about the game days. Found out that trade 3 for anything is on until thursday at my store, schwing! and picked up my copies of haze![/quote]

Trade 3 for ANYTHING? *slapping myself in the face, TWICE* What's the deal with this!?!?!

EDIT: Wait, where is the flyer/source for this? My boss is gonna have a heart attack when he sees this list.

Also; went to RFD to see if they have the flyer scans or whatever but there was a huge shitstorm of hoarders asking what they can get and absolutely no coherency at all.

Godamn I hate RFD.

Sorry for the double post, but just wondering (I live in an area filled to the brim with hoarders, all who don't know squat about videogames so they buybuybuy) if those deals that were posted on RFD were confirmed. I'd make my way there on Thursday for Josh's trade 3 thing (preorder Haze for some crappy games I never play? Yes!) and check 'em out.

God I hate Queensway.

i live in guelph so the population difference between toronto and here is quite a bit, meaning less hoarding.

And a correction about the trade 3 for 'anything', some stores it is literally anything under 59.99, some its just past 2 months releases and all should be anything upcoming in the computer.

I ordered quake wars but realistically i don't see myself playing it that much. So i will see if i can shift it over to Ninja gaiden II or lego indiana, might do both have a crap load of games to trade still. anyways, if prices are wrong on that list i will be checking out some of them, I have over 300$ in eb credits over the past 3 months and i would like something to spend it on.

[quote name='millerjm2']will this sale also run in gamestop or is the eb "game day" sale another entity all together?[/quote]

This is EB Canada, OP should probably put Canada in the title somewhere

[quote name='millerjm2']will this sale also run in gamestop or is the eb "game day" sale another entity all together?[/quote]

The Gamestops in Canada will have this deal.

[quote name='Ranzo']The Gamestops in Canada will have this deal.[/quote]

Gamestops stores are EB Games, the only difference is the sign.

[quote name='Ranzo']The Gamestops in Canada will have this deal.[/quote]

Judging by the fact his other posts are in topics about Circuit Citys and cheap deals in Maine, he is probably from the US

From RFD:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics Wii 29.99$
Magical Starsign DS 9.99$
Crysis PC 29.99$ (June 13-15 only)
Boom Blox Wii 39.99$ (May 30 - June 1 only)

360 ELITE with Assassin's creed for 449.99$
POKEMON Mystery Dungeon DS TIV 24$
Diablo II BattleChest 29.99$ (May 23-30)
Warcraft Battlechest 29.99$ (save 20$) (May 31 - June 6)
World of Warcraft Battlechest 34.99$ (june 7-22)
Stranglehold PS3 19.99$

Exchange 6 games (8$ tiv) and Get PSP for 20$
Exchange 5 games (8$ tiv) and Get Nintendo DS Free!

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']From RFD:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics Wii 29.99$
Magical Starsign DS 9.99$
Crysis PC 29.99$ (June 13-15 only)
Boom Blox Wii 39.99$ (May 30 - June 1 only)

360 ELITE with Assassin's creed for 449.99$
POKEMON Mystery Dungeon DS TIV 24$
Diablo II BattleChest 29.99$ (May 23-30)
Warcraft Battlechest 29.99$ (save 20$) (May 31 - June 6)
World of Warcraft Battlechest 34.99$ (june 7-22)
Stranglehold PS3 19.99$

Exchange 6 games (8$ tiv) and Get PSP for 20$
Exchange 5 games (8$ tiv) and Get Nintendo DS Free![/quote]

Sweet, I've been waiting for a trade-in promo for a black PSP. Now to find 5 more games that qualify.. :cry:

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']From RFD:

...Exchange 5 games (8$ tiv) and Get Nintendo DS Free![/quote]

Oh lord, let the RFD hoarding BEGIN!

Want to bet some RFD wanker will scoop up 5-6 DS's and brag about it?

Ranzo, create a new account and post please :D

I mean.... I hope the flyer is up tomorrow or early Friday morning so I know what I am looking at

[quote name='Corizzle']Ranzo, create a new account and post please :D

I mean.... I hope the flyer is up tomorrow or early Friday morning so I know what I am looking at[/quote]

It comes out in the paper on Friday and stores "should" have the flyer to be put into bags tomorrow. Not on the counter just for bag stuffers.

... got several copies of the original Katamari Damacy today....

gonna see if i can scramble for some 8 tiv games for friday, need a new psp!

also is there some way to transfer data from 20gb hd to the 120 one?

Im not sure if prices and selection will be the same but here in the US they are having pretty much the same sale with a "Game Days Sale" starting June 2nd and there is an AD for it in the new Game Informer with a save an Extra 10% off on all game day sale items :roll: not breaking the bank here in the states with excellent promos like they run for you up there but it is something.

This coupon is not region specific and it has nothing about "no copies" so I may abuse it if there is anything worth while or at least until they re-issue the coupon with restrictions.

For those who aren't very lazy, EBgames has the flyer on their counters right now. However, from the flyer itself, there's nothing that i REALLY want.

However, there's the 2 for $20 used game that I might be interested in, pending on which games qualify of course. It'll likely be games that are up to $14.99 and nothing more as per usual, and of course, no Edge card stacking.

[quote name='JnJosh']
also is there some way to transfer data from 20gb hd to the 120 one?[/quote]
Yeah with the data migration kit, it should come with the hard drive if you've bought it individually.
or
If you've bought an elite, call microsoft they'll send you one for free.

[quote name='Firestorm']PSP Mega Man Powered Up - $15
360 Bioshock - $30
PS2 Odin Sphere - $20

from gaf[/quote]

Odin Sphere is a good price, probably will pick it up

Juiced 2 will be on sale for 19.99$ (PS3/360), 9.99$ on PS2.
Conan 19,99$
Mass effect 49.99$
Scene It 360 39.99$

From RFD

[quote name='Corizzle']Odin Sphere is a good price, probably will pick it up[/quote]

Not to go off topic, but imo, pizza is a much more fulfilling purchase than Odin Sphere. :p

[quote name='poiuiu']For those who aren't very lazy, EBgames has the flyer on their counters right now. However, from the flyer itself, there's nothing that i REALLY want.

However, there's the 2 for $20 used game that I might be interested in, pending on which games qualify of course. It'll likely be games that are up to $14.99 and nothing more as per usual, and of course, no Edge card stacking.[/quote]

My new Eb has nothing, can you please post the list?

I'm really hoping that Assassin's Creed is going to be on sale, I was pretty surprised that it wasn't on the last one seeing how many used copies my EB's have.

Tch, Mega Man Powered up is going on sale? How did they get more copies, I was told it was discontinued...I knew something was fishy when I saw a new copy in a store I usually go to. Darn, I already bought it used and without a manual for $15 from EB Games a few months ago. Oh well.

I really want to check out EB tomorrow, but I'm going to Anime North as well.

[quote name='AJD23']Flyer is up on the site right now :)[/quote]

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed, all the build up and doesn't seem to be much of anything. The trade-in deals are alright but I never seem to go through the process of doing those. The actual savings are minimal on most things. The Darkness is on sale for $49.99 to seemingly ignore the fact it was $9.99 just a few weeks ago.

Some good deals.
I'll pick up Bioshock for $30 and probably a few 360 titles 2 for $20.
Katamari Damacy for $10 is a good deal!

[quote name='Zygote']Is the PS3 trade in for 8 games used or new? Flyer headline says used, fine print says new ?[/quote]

I would assume Used and you could try and fight for new.

[quote name='Corizzle']I would assume Used and you could try and fight for new.[/quote]

nah, its new for sure. check the home page and itll tell you. It's always been new in the past too!

bread's done
Back