EB Games- Gamestop ALL XBOX CLERANCE COMING????

obijuan71

CAGiversary!
I went to my local Gamestop to get me a copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta to play on my 360 and the regular guy wasn't there, I do not have the card and I got a couple of game to take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 FREE and the clerk asked me for my card and, I told that I do not have one at the time, and thinking that I was about to hear the same sales pitch as usual the guy said: You don't want to miss out in our incoming sale, we are clearing all of the Xbox Inventory as used pretty soon, we are getting rid off all our Xbox Inventory and all of the games will be sold as used......

Have any one here have heard of these before?

Can anyone confirm this?????

Will this sale possibly be combined with future buy 2 get one free deals, anyone have any idea when this is happening?

Well, that's not happening now.

I heard through the grapevine that eventually, like months away, they'd move most of the new Xbox and new Gamecube games from new to used. It's a standard practice with older games, so I don't doubt it. A few weeks ago, they moved a small amount of games like this.

Before the end of the year, yes. ASAP, no?

So what would the difference be? Most new games from EB/GS already are out of the case, have a crappy sticker on them, and then have another sticker to make it "sealed".

[quote name='mrcheapo11']So what would the difference be? Most new games from EB/GS already are out of the case, have a crappy sticker on them, and then have another sticker to make it "sealed".[/quote]

Exactly. They won't clearance out the product, new OR used, they'll simply move the new to used. No fire sale.

Just look how long it took them to get rid of PSX and N64. Do you really think they'll get rid of Xbox this early?

i work at eb.
they converted about 30 titles from new to used just today and i believe a few more are taking place over the next few days....

the statement is correct but i dont think it's going to be liquidated at this moment.

That would explain why a good chunk of GameCube's new section suddenly got devoured by the used section at one of my GameStops. Now if only it took this long to get rid of Dreamcast titles. :(

Hopefully soon they'll start dropping prices more and more. Xbox happens to be the system with the most used games in just about every store I see.

[quote name='Don Wuebos']i work at eb.
they converted about 30 titles from new to used just today and i believe a few more are taking place over the next few days....

the statement is correct but i dont think it's going to be liquidated at this moment.[/quote]

Woah, which ones?

A few weeks ago, we had Tales of Symphonia and a few others, but not today.

What were the 30 titles? Also, "moving them from new to used" means what exactly? A $20 game drops to $18 with it's 10% off for being "used"?

the better question is what new games would EB/GS had in stock thats worth picking up that isnt already $20?

Should move or lock this thread since I think the OP misunderstood. He said moving new items to used not clearanced or put on sale.

Lock this thread. Xbox is not going anywhere anytime soon, same with GameCube. They are just NOW clearing out PS1/N64 titles.

Technically, they cleared out PS1 and N64 ages ago as most stores don't even display them or carry them. If anything, they're attempting to downsize GameCube and Xbox.

[quote name='gizmogc']They are just NOW clearing out PS1/N64 titles.[/quote]

They clearance them out a long time ago, I have 4 EB/GS stores near me and none have had N64/PS1 Games for like 2-3 years or more.

best buy will probally be the first to closeout the xbox games . They said last summer that they will be clearning themout sometime between mid 2007 to early 2008 to make room.... Dont know if true anymore .... Locally around here they destroyed the gamecube section (they might now carry 20 games total for the gamecube) and left the xbox alone.

Funny thing who will be xbox games when you cant even buy the xbox system anymore (i know the 360 plays them but if you want an old xbox your sol)

[quote name='life.exe']They clearance them out a long time ago, I have 4 EB/GS stores near me and none have had N64/PS1 Games for like 2-3 years or more.[/quote]

As a company, GS/EB stopped taking PS1/N64 trades at the end of May last year.

Whoever said that the used XBox section was huge... it's true. Outside of PS2 (which still sells), XBox is BY FAR the largest and it rarely seems to shrink. Plus, when I went to look for the B2G1 sale, there really wasn't much of interest... just a ton of your least common denominator games (sports, shooters, other general crap). XBox is over, and I hope this sale was indicative of the fact that EB realizes that.

Gamecube stuff, however, is selling like hotcakes in my area. I really think Nintendo made a huge mistake by stopping support.

Does this mean the old Xbox used will finally drop below $90 soon?

I saw a copy of Shenmue II that was stickered as new, gutted of course. Is that one of moved to used games?

I walked into a local ebgames that had a great selection of gamecube games a few months back, I was suprised. One CC I went to still had a whole rack for Gamecube games. I would say that PS2 has the largest used section here.

LOL I know if they clear out the Xbox section with a clearance(like the current PS1/N64 deal), I'm looking specifically for the other 2 POP games and STEEL BATTALION.

Right now, with it priced at $100+ used, it's NOT in MY cheapass price range, but imagine if it hit 75% off(+edge card)?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Right now, with it priced at $100+ used, it's NOT in MY cheapass price range, but imagine if it hit 75% off(+edge card)?[/QUOTE]

Steel Battalion is $100 used now? I got it complete with box, controller, and game a few months back at GS and it was priced $50.

Anyway, I have noticed that used Gamecube games far outnumber the new ones. Not surprising since there really anything new coming out for it. All my Gamestops seem to have a fairly big selection of new Xbox games, however it's mostly really old or bad stuff that nobody wants to buy for $20.

i actually saw a steel batatalion for 50 used last week too.. if you want it.. you can get it for that.. i saw a couple around a few gs's over the last month or so

I haven't really paid attention to pricing on SB lately, since I rarely go into the local GS stores. However, I will say that I am hoping the further away GS with PS1/N64 games still has the bulk of them by the 29th for the buy 2, get 1 free deal.

Of course, the real trick is going to be trying to get them to honor THAT deal, PLUS the 75%(85 with edge, 95 with edge+coupone from GI)off clearance prices.

bread's done
Back