Eb Games/Gamestop to do Buy 2 get 1 used

Tebunker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
According to another website, a poster with connections to a District Manager let him know that starting October 20th through October 29th all used games will be buy 2 get 1 free. Will obviously confirm this tomorrow, but this gives us something to check out on Friday.

[quote name='JDMxB']Question...on these used games, are we able to return them with the receipt within seven days for our money back?[/quote]

I know they'll at least give you store credit or another game, as far as your money back, I'm not sure.

Oh:

say I'm looking for games but they're spread out across multiple stores. Can I pick and choose between stores, then return them at one store then buy them back B2G1?

This is a little off subject but I just got this email from my Boss:

Just got exciting info..

Customers with a PS3 and Wii reservation can get an additional 20% credit on all trades towards their PS3/Wii system or game reservations. This can be stacked with the More/Edge Card.

Don't forget about the G.I. Coupon that gets an additional 30% all trades towards PS3/Wii games and accessories. This can also be stacked.

The G.I. coupon also works on Gears of War and FF12 (although Gamestop/EB has shutoff the FF12 regular edition pre-order sku)

So just to add all this up for you guys the two deals are stackable and with your discount card added to it, you can get %60 on trades in the B&N stores, till the coupon expires.

I picked up New Super Mario Bros, Animal Crossings WW and Cars. Then I decided to pick up NBA2K7, GRAW and Saints Row.

The GAMEINFORMER coupon with Devil May Cry 4 on the front has a stackable 10% gamestop/eb coupon inside. I got 20% off 6 X360 games yesterday, combined that with this deal.

just picked up some more goodness from my local gs.

for the DS...

Viewtiful Joe DT
Trace Memory
Nanostray
Cooking Mama
Battles of Prince of Persia
Resident Evil DS

For PS1 (these were all new sealed, but stickered as used)

Galaga Destination Earth
R*Types
Dune 2000

and they had sealed Vice City Soundtrack boxed sets marked as new, but only $9.99, so I grabbed one of those.

my total = $89.80

but what I really want is Guitar Hero w/ guitar. No luck yet.

Visited two EB/GameStops in hopes of scoring some newer DS titles, but neither place had anything I wanted. Ending up getting South Park Seasons 4, 6, and 7 for $47 ish, after the Edge card. Groovy, but I'm still feeling unsatisfied. I want Clubhouse Games...

[quote name='rendil']For those that are having trouble looking up games on the site to check if they're available locally, there's a trick to it.

For example, I'm interested in Cubivore, but looking it up yields no results. So here's what you do:

1. Look up a game you know is available on the website. Something generic will work. For example, I used the term 'mario'

2. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you'll see a link "Show backordered used products that may be available in stores." Click the link.

3. Search for the game you were originally interested in. Now Cubivore will show up!

Hope this helps[/quote]

Wow dude, that sure helps ALOT! Thanks for the tip! I never saw that link; why the hell do they make it so small?

[quote name='Wolve22']Not sure if this was mentioned before but I went to GS today and was told that this deal will last till the 4th of November.[/quote]

i was told till tomarrow... ymmv?

Why are my eb/gs stores telling me that 3 for whatver on dvds are not stackable with the b2g1 and you have to choose one or the other? makes b2g1 pointless for dvds....

pickedup

Street fighter alpha 3 psp complete
Kingdom hearts PS 2 complete
Age of empires DS complete

+ 1 year game informer

44 bucks

3 games were 36 bucks before the game informer add on

Picked up:

360:
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Enchanted Arms
Just Cause
Saint's Row

PS2:
Valkyrie Profile 2
Dirge of Cerebus
La Pucelle Tactics
Star Ocean till the end of time

Xbox:
Spy vs. Spy

Was hoping to get NBA 2K7 and Okami, but missed both of those.

picked up 18 DVDs for $78.

Freaks
The French Connection
Ed Wood
Trading Places
One Crazy Summer
Better Off Dead
Hitchhiker's Guide
Evil Dead II
Saw II
Down By Law CRITERION
Hills Have Eyes
Jiminy Glick in Lalawood
King Kong 2 Disc
Spirited Away
Tommy Boy 2 Disc
Reno 911 Season One
Brokeback Mountain
Samurai Jack Season Two

Reading this I realize that I have eclectic taste in movies/tv!

Just got back. I picked up:

Okami (thanks to whatever dumbass traded this in)
Suikoden III (finally)
Altelier Aris: Eternal Mana

it all came up to 58 bucks with my EDGE card and the coupon in the DMC4 issue of GI.

Was gonna trade in SF:aniversery for PS2. Walked to my GS at Bashford Manor road, get a couple of DS games with the additional credit to my buldging Edge Card. Then the ignorant fuck told me that their computers were down and any credit they think is fair would have to be used RIGHT NOW and my edge card wouldn't work!! Gave me a price of $10 (while I knew it was $12) and I said no thank you! He looked at me like I took food out of his mouth! He could miss a few meals. Anyway, why bother with this draconian fuck idiot while I can wait till tomorrow and get a ride to a nicer GS/EB where the CSRs aren't total a$$clowns.

[quote name='robbyH']Was gonna trade in SF:aniversery for PS2. Walked to my GS at Bashford Manor road, get a couple of DS games with the additional credit to my buldging Edge Card. Then the ignorant fuck told me that their computers were down and any credit they think is fair would have to be used RIGHT NOW and my edge card wouldn't work!! Gave me a price of $10 (while I knew it was $12) and I said no thank you! He looked at me like I took food out of his mouth! He could miss a few meals. Anyway, why bother with this draconian fuck idiot while I can wait till tomorrow and get a ride to a nicer GS/EB where the CSRs aren't total a$$clowns.[/quote]

What?

[quote name='robbyH']Was gonna trade in SF:aniversery for PS2. Walked to my GS at Bashford Manor road, get a couple of DS games with the additional credit to my buldging Edge Card. Then the ignorant fuck told me that their computers were down and any credit they think is fair would have to be used RIGHT NOW and my edge card wouldn't work!! Gave me a price of $10 (while I knew it was $12) and I said no thank you! He looked at me like I took food out of his mouth! He could miss a few meals. Anyway, why bother with this draconian fuck idiot while I can wait till tomorrow and get a ride to a nicer GS/EB where the CSRs aren't total a$$clowns.[/quote]

No, no, no, no. That's where your problem is. You are trying to trade in such a good game :p.

Ok...so, what does that have to do with B2G1 free...

[quote name='onacouch']Oh:

say I'm looking for games but they're spread out across multiple stores. Can I pick and choose between stores, then return them at one store then buy them back B2G1?[/quote]

I bought 3 games at a B2G1 at my local EB Games. They didn't have 1 of the games that I wanted, so I bought one that costs the same. The next day, I took the game I didn't really want to a different EB Games and they exchanged it for the one I wanted.

figured since ppl are pointin' out what they got (to brag, lol) here's my shit:

athf season 3
athf season 4
---robot chicken season 1
lord of war
ladder 49
---employee of the month (very unknown, but an interesting classic)
the day after tomarrow
lost in translation
---the sicillian

and some other 3 for 20 movies for a friend. total= $64 store credit from the 90 i got from the last deal... not the best deal, but i'm good on movies for awhile, lol... wanted that megaman dvd set, but didn't feel like gettin' a $13 set when my free movie could've been robot chicken... wouldn't have made sense

Thanks for the headsup; I picked up:

Deadwood Season 2
Cubivore
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

... for $55 after card + coupon.

Managed to get:

Residen Evil 4 Premium Edition (PS2) $17.99
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes $17.99
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSP) Free

Used my edge card and trade in credit so each game came to about $10 each. All except disc one of MGS are in like new condition!

Got today:
Okami (whoever traded this in, thanks idiot.) - 34.99
Atelier Iris 2 - 24.99
King of Fighters 2006 - Free
Okami OSG - 15.99

After B2G1F, EDGE card, 10% GI coupon, 20% off guide, final cost: $64.44

Spent about $1000 at 5 local stores in the past 24 hours. Mostly on DVD box sets which I listed on Amazon (about half already sold). Deadwood season 1s, House Season 1s, Carnevale Season 2, etc.

It's nice for once that the employees and managers are thrilled that I am clearing out the stores. very much unlike Kmart...

As for games, I did get 2x Baldurs Gate DA 2 and an SMT:Nocturne.

well, i went cheap this time. all :gc: :

mario golf toadstool tour
ssx on tour
time splitters: future perfect
tony hawk 4
XIII
serious sam: next encounter

including the GI supscription, $56.

I didn't have much $ to spend, so I only got:

XBOX
Toca driver 3
Fatal Frame 2
Darkwach
... all for $36, I'm happy I was able to get FF2, I'm looking forward to getting scared, hopefully.

I would suggest to all to check your receipt and the games before you leave the store. Not only did the guy charge me full price for all 3 games but he put Fatal Fram 1 in the box instead of 2. Another time a guy tried selling me a disk that looked so scratched up as if he was playing hockey with it. So just take a second and look over the disks and receipt before you leave, it may save you some time and agrivation.

HAPPY SHOPPING TO ALL!!!!

[quote name='CyberTrick']I didn't have much $ to spend, so I only got:

XBOX
Toca driver 3
Fatal Frame 2
Darkwach
... all for $36, I'm happy I was able to get FF2, I'm looking forward to getting scared, hopefully.

I would suggest to all to check your receipt and the games before you leave the store. Not only did the guy charge me full price for all 3 games but he put Fatal Fram 1 in the box instead of 2. Another time a guy tried selling me a disk that looked so scratched up as if he was playing hockey with it. So just take a second and look over the disks and receipt before you leave, it may save you some time and agrivation.

HAPPY SHOPPING TO ALL!!!![/quote]

Amen to that... I just got back and noticed I wasnt given the B2G1 after buying Siren PS2, Silent Hill 2 PS2, and Popolocrois PSP. Now I have to make another trip back...

[quote name='scion of ys']what kind of idiot would trade in a premiun edition of re4??????[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm thankful for that idiot. Especially for the condition and completeness it's in. Also thankful for the GS employee for not noticing they had that. He said he would of snatched it before me (in a nice way) if he knew about it. I told him I don't blame him at all.

I picked up

Deadwood Season 2
Deadwood Season 1
and
Hitman Blood Money for 360,

all for a total of $61 dollars after edge discount, and 10% GI coupon.

[quote name='nintendokid']No, no, no, no. That's where your problem is. You are trying to trade in such a good game :p.

Ok...so, what does that have to do with B2G1 free...[/quote]
Not to meantion a valuable one that will never go down in price.... and yes, it is in my top 5 PS2 games ever... Third Strike owns...

Big thanks to the OP for posting this deal, I did great today!

Ugh. I just bought VP2: Silmeria last sunday used. Do you think I'll be able to return it and rebuy it immediatly after to put towards the B2G1? They are pretty cool with me at that store, so maybe I could.

Picked up the following:

DOA 4 - $35
GRAW - $35 (not sure why my ebgames sells it for only $35 when its listed on website for $45, It was a bit of shocker!)
MGS 3: Substiences - Free ($25)

SW Kotor 2 - $18
FF10 - $20
Jade Empire Collector's edition - Free ($12)

Resident Evil 4 - $18
Kingdom Heart - $18
Splinter Cell 3 - Free ($13)

MGS 2: Substance - $7
Shenmue 2 - $5
Splinter Cell 2 - Free ($5)

In all, I paid $137 (minus $14 in credits) and got 12 of the best games for the current gen and next gen systems. Scored myself a pretty gold deal.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Spent about $1000 at 5 local stores in the past 24 hours. Mostly on DVD box sets which I listed on Amazon (about half already sold). Deadwood season 1s, House Season 1s, Carnevale Season 2, etc.

It's nice for once that the employees and managers are thrilled that I am clearing out the stores. very much unlike Kmart...

As for games, I did get 2x Baldurs Gate DA 2 and an SMT:Nocturne.[/quote]

nobody is going to call this guy out? Surprising.

My haul:

Kingdom Hearts 2 ($40)
Lego Star Wars 2 ($35)
Okami ($35 Free)

Tomorrow I'm going back for:

Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
Radiata Stories
Lego Star Wars 1
(All $18 games)

I'm purposefully avoiding looking at the movies. I burned up all my trade-in credit preordering a PS3 and a Wii so I'm tryinig to not spend too much actual cash.

[quote name='schuerm26']nobody is going to call this guy out? Surprising.[/quote]

Call me out for what?

I did see a RE:4 in a tin for Gamecube. Guess I shoulda picked it up.

[quote name='Daring']Picked up the following:

DOA 4 - $35
GRAW - $35 (not sure why my ebgames sells it for only $35 when its listed on website for $45, It was a bit of shocker!)
MGS 3: Substiences - Free ($25)

SW Kotor 2 - $18
FF10 - $20
Jade Empire Collector's edition - Free ($12)

Resident Evil 4 - $18
Kingdom Heart - $18
Splinter Cell 3 - Free ($13)

MGS 2: Substance - $7
Shenmue 2 - $5
Splinter Cell 2 - Free ($5)

In all, I paid $137 (minus $14 in credits) and got 12 of the best games for the current gen and next gen systems. Scored myself a pretty gold deal.[/quote]

lol... this is how you know i've spent too much time on this: if you would've switched re4 for jade empire, you would've saved $5... yeah... WAY too much time

[quote name='aniousjoe']lol... this is how you know i've spent too much time on this: if you would've switched re4 for jade empire, you would've saved $5... yeah... WAY too much time[/quote]

Eh, that's what I thought as soon as I saw his post...basic math...waste of money. I'm not capable of spending a penny more than I have to, so that could never happen to me. My brain would explode.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Call me out for what?

I did see a RE:4 in a tin for Gamecube. Guess I shoulda picked it up.[/quote]

Resellers aren't popular here...or hoarders...is what he's getting at...although there are plenty of both.

[quote name='schuerm26']nobody is going to call this guy out? Surprising.[/QUOTE]

About 10 days ago he made a post where he claims "I am so broke."

Yeah.

bread's done
Back