EB Games GH aerosmith ps3 9.89 Rockband Wii 9.89

Pale-Dim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
When i went into EB today i noticed these nice pricedrops

PS3 Guitar Hero Aerosmith SW 9.89 New
Wii Rockband SW 9.89 New

There were also a bunch of the "adventure company" Pc games that went down to 2.99 New

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='game_fanatic']Hmm, that explains a few things on my end..and not in a good way[/quote]

the only way to get girls is to get over 10, 000 in Gamepoints or something

[quote name='Firestorm']Picked up GH for a friend at Metrotown. Lots left sealed. Almost tempted to buy one to use in FS's trade deal.[/quote]

why' didnt you do it?

A picture, cause i don't want to type this out.
File0001-vi.jpg

PS: saw you at Metro EB today firestorm, you ran out in a hurry before i could say hi again =p

[quote name='Estymagic']A picture, cause i don't want to type this out.
File0001-vi.jpg

PS: saw you at Metro EB today firestorm, you ran out in a hurry before i could say hi again =p[/quote]

thats ganna come in handy, thanks :)

Holy cow, here they won't sell me two of the same one of the 9.89 ones. I don't buy them to trade in, but a couple times I wanted to get 2 of one for someone else - nope. Once last june they told me it was one *total* of the 9.89 ones, not one of each title. Said head office told them to, but next time that wasn't mentioned. Can be a weird place.

Oh wait, that is only one of each, some multi system. just there and didn't notice all those.

[quote name='zoro69']Holy cow, here they won't sell me two of the same one of the 9.89 ones. I don't buy them to trade in, but a couple times I wanted to get 2 of one for someone else - nope. Once last june they told me it was one *total* of the 9.89 ones, not one of each title. Said head office told them to, but next time that wasn't mentioned. Can be a weird place.[/quote]

where was this? :/

[quote name='Bencherstyle']why' didnt you do it?[/quote]

Probably because he would need 2 other games and he didn't want to spend the time scouring RP/BBV and looking up TIV's. I should know: those days are behind me. >_>

[quote name='zoro69']Holy cow, here they won't sell me two of the same one of the 9.89 ones. I don't buy them to trade in, but a couple times I wanted to get 2 of one for someone else - nope. Once last june they told me it was one *total* of the 9.89 ones, not one of each title. Said head office told them to, but next time that wasn't mentioned. Can be a weird place.

Oh wait, that is only one of each, some multi system. just there and didn't notice all those.[/quote]
Which one was that at? I was able to get 2 of each at the Cat Centre EB tonight, didn't bother with the Gardiner's store.

[quote name='greywolf501']Which one was that at? I was able to get 2 of each at the Cat Centre EB tonight, didn't bother with the Gardiner's store.[/quote]

Thats been the gardiners one. Happened a few times so gave up and never try and buy more then 1. Once they had some on unspecatcular sale $20 and $25 and wouldn't let me get 2 of same one (and they weren't selling fast). It was only the one time they said one *total*. I was wondering if that was special rule for me, most of them would know me as coming in for the 9.89 etc deals all the time, but never buying full price or trading in. For a long time I'd tell them what the deal of the day was as they had no clue. Usually have them marked now.

At least they are close and easy to go to both if i really want two (if both in stock).

If price-matching at FS, is an actual ad/flyer needed? I know their policy says bring in the competitor's ad etc, but I've never attempted to do so without one and am always iffy about price-matching as their policy can wildly differ from one employee to the next.

Like Lone said, my days of running all around the city for trade fodder is basically over. Too lazy to find crappy games to trade in. [quote name='Estymagic']A picture, cause i don't want to type this out.

PS: saw you at Metro EB today firestorm, you ran out in a hurry before i could say hi again =p[/quote]I had work at 5:30. They took like 15 mins to serve me because the guy in front (who JUST got there before me) wanted two games that they only seemed to have one each of and couldn't find x.x

Oh lord WHY did I buy Alone in the Dark? I played about 40 minutes yesterday and while the unintentionally funny dialogue was amazing, the gameplay most definitely was not. I think I need to start a blog to rip this game a new one.

Alone in the Dark is the videogame equivalent of a spastic colon. It's the gaming gift that keeps crapping in your pants.

ok so im under the impression that since most stores have sold a bunch, these deals should be dead today.

Hopefully new stuff coming soon

[quote name='Firestorm']Like Lone said, my days of running all around the city for trade fodder is basically over. Too lazy to find crappy games to trade in. I had work at 5:30. They took like 15 mins to serve me because the guy in front (who JUST got there before me) wanted two games that they only seemed to have one each of and couldn't find x.x[/quote]
Yeah I think lately the trade in deals are less temping than before, especially with sales popping up lately. Through sales and PM's it's not uncommon to get a game for under $40, and usually with these sales you get the game for around $10 cheaper, which is not worth it, IMO, especially since I have to bus my ass all over Waterloo.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']I'm not sure who would want to pick it up, but Hellboy on the 360 got dropped to 9.89 recently as well.[/quote]

The same people who would Beowulf, Fantastic 4, The Golder Compass, Jumper, Lord of the Rings, Prince Caspian, and Superman Returns. Which is nobody, and yet they continue to make movie tie-in games.

Given the amount of bin-fodder these titles produce, I just can't see how merchandising a movie like that is profitable. There's no way they ever sell enough copies to cover the development and distribution costs.

I think it was a combination of a) less people knowing about these deals, b) more savings with these deals (trade promotions for a DS: $150 system for about half off), and c) EB being more reasonable with TIVs. Plus I guess being able to use last-gen games and having more time before (in my case) made it easier to do.

[quote name='matsam']I also asked, the clerk said the 360 version was 35 bucks. He also asked me if I wanted to get a used copy instead: "Sure, it's 25 bucks more, but you get 10% off with your EDGE card!". Yeeeeaaa-no. :lol:[/quote]I think the sales clerk deserves a medal for offering that though.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']how much is the game originally, without the sale?[/quote]

$44.99 plus tax in retail. But we all know this guy (prolly from RFD) did not pay full retail price.

Joke's on him. People weren't paying $45 for it, and they won't pay $35 for it either. That's why it was $10 new at EB.

Edit: Of course, if it doesn't sell, I'm sure he'll just "return" it to WalMart. =)

[quote name='game_fanatic']Planning to commit a little fraud, are we?[/quote]

how'd you know?

lol im the kind of person that never returns things that i buy, i always research the hell out of the product and when i buy it, i stick to my decision even tho it sucks. (cough*Gamecube* cough!)

I'm sort of confused by your statement...if you never return anything that you buy, what does it matter if Wal-Mart takes returns without a receipt? Sounds like you bought a couple games and were looking for a quick buck at WM.

no, i DIDNT know that Walmart took stuff in without the receipt, so i just wanted to clarify. unless you want to accuse me of .... erm.... .... buying a game and returning it at walmart for a quick buck?

Sidenote: Nice blog, gamer602. Wish I had known that when I put down ALMOST all of the cost of a pre-order for a game, only to have the price rise on release.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']no, i DIDNT know that Walmart took stuff in without the receipt, so i just wanted to clarify. unless you want to accuse me of .... erm.... .... buying a game and returning it at walmart for a quick buck?[/quote]
I'm not accusing you of anything, I just find it a tad convenient that you are inquiring about Wal-Mart's lax return policy given the obvious profits one could make from buying a game at $10 and returning it to WM for $40-$50.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I'm not accusing you of anything, I just find it a tad convenient that you are inquiring about Wal-Mart's lax return policy given the obvious profits one could make from buying a game at $10 and returning it to WM for $40-$50.[/quote]

*Gets an idea*

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Who wants to email this toolbox and ask him if he has the original receipt? Bet you he can't find it...[/quote]

the sad part is, somebody will buy it thinking its a good deal :/

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Who wants to email this toolbox and ask him if he has the original receipt? Bet you he can't find it...

edit: NM, emailed him myself :lol:[/quote]

Here you go:

receipt.JPG

[quote name='zoro69']HMV has 360 aerosmith WITH guitar for $70, so I'd think its going to be cheap everywhere soon.[/quote]

I think I got the best deal - $49.99 for the PS3 Guitar Hero 3 with guitar three months ago at Best Buy. I then traded away GH3 for $22 at EB to help pay for GH:World Tour's game.

[quote name='halcyon1234']You know its legit, because it's circled.[/quote]

OH, which reminds me, a manager told me they are not doing the 10% extrea trade in credit if they dont circle it? :? i was like wtf,

and the funny thing is, the employee who i showed the receipt to was like,

"yea, if we dont circle it, we have to give the game to you free"

i felt like saying something, but i didnt, becuz im a bad person :)

but then the manager said they are not giving 10% off trade in credit, and the employee got into truble for not knowing XD

..anybody know if this is true? the circling thing?

if they have the sign on the counter, point to it,
still refuse, Call the Canadian hot line and file a complaint under store issues

[quote name='Bencherstyle']
..anybody know if this is true? the circling thing?[/quote]

Its ymmv, most stores do not do it anymore. if they have the sign up then they should. If they do not your pretty much out of luck. Calling to complain will not do anything it is managers choice.

[quote name='Estymagic']if they have the sign on the counter, point to it,
still refuse, Call the Canadian hot line and file a complaint under store issues[/quote]

just on a side note because I see this in many threads. File a complain even if it is against a employee goes on the managers record and takes money away form their raise. Each complain is one less point for them.

depends on the game. like wow litch king we were told if you do not pay the difference then give the money back and they do not get the game. other games we can honor it. It should say right in the pre order book that it is a suggested price and is not guaranteed.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I think I got the best deal - $49.99 for the PS3 Guitar Hero 3 with guitar three months ago at Best Buy. I then traded away GH3 for $22 at EB to help pay for GH:World Tour's game.[/quote]

You could've gotten TWO guitars with GH3 for $60 during Boxing Day at Best Buy.

bread's done
Back