EB Games now taking music CD's for trade.

The Game

CAG Veteran
check with your local EB to see if they are doing this. From what I know almost all of them are TAKING them, but only a selct few test stores are selling them.

So take all your cd's and rip them to your hard drive and then go trade them in at EB. So you can get store credit/cash for more games and not really lose anything for them.

This is not a deal nor a request so why has it stayed on the wrong board for so long?

This should be on the deal discussion board. :?

[quote name='starman9000'][quote name='The Game']the average trade in per cd is $4.20. They are only reselling for $5.99 each.[/quote]

4.20 seems way to high, but hey if they are doing that more power to you.

Ive never been to an EB, but I cant imagine they are only going to mark something up 1.79.[/quote]

420 seems too high? Anyone catch my drift?

About Prince, didn't he just release a new video where he has short hair and stuff?

wow, you got totally hosed on that deal. i would suggest that everyone not bother with ebgames, since you can take them to a used cd store and usually get more in cash for cds than ebgames is giving. unless all you have is everclear and elastica cds, then $4.20 is pretty good.

thanks for the list, by the way.

What other places buy used CDs? Does Wherehouse tke them, or is it those local record stores? Because it looks like EB isn't the place to get good prices. For me, 25 cents is way too low for a CD, however old it is.

Got Rid of about 50 of my old Cd's I hardly ever play anymore, and took them to EB. Most of what you say is true.

"MCD" is the code for a generic CD, one that couldnt scan or they couldnt find. and go for 0.25 cents a piece. My local guys showed me which didnt scan, so i could choose which ones i really didnt want, and the ones not worth selling for 0.25.

Most of them averaged for me around 2-3 dollars. some maxxed out at 4.25 and as little as 0.67 but i came out with 120 dollars. Not bad for someone who needed some moving space to get a Green X-box.

Cheers!

[quote name='Requiem']Hey that's a pretty good trade off. ^^ $120 is very nice.[/quote]

Yeah. the real good part was , 1/3 of the CD's were stuff that was just sitting around, something I hadnt listened to for 3 or 4 years, and I needed the extra space. :wink:

Only problem is my cds have light scratches on most...they stil seem to play fine. Does anyone know if they take slightly scratched ones?

I was at my EB yesterday and saw a sign about it in the window on my way out. I did'nt give it a second thought. There is nothing in my CD collection tha I would part with even if it was to get some cheap ass games.

Doesn't EB own "uzed.com" a site that buys/sells used/new videogames cds and dvds? I remember ordering something online from either eb or babbages and getting that slip.

Perhaps they are taking cds to fill stock for their website...I couldn't imagine EB selling cds, their stores are already jam packed full of crap.

$4.20 is the trade in price for the miscellaneous cd sku, and it's more than most cd's that can be scanned in, so i know my store's just been using the misc sku for everything.

and from what my manager has been saying, they're shipping out all the music cd's and the company is reselling them to a third party. this is also the reason we still give a decent trade in for old style gba's and gbc's

Are the EB's checking the cds for scratches? I have a ton of old cds I used to like back in my highschool days. I used to listen to dumb stuff like Slipknot and Coal Chamber and I can't stand any of those bands anymore. I would love to get rid of them. The thing is, some of them have some scratches.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Are the EB's checking the cds for scratches? I have a ton of old cds I used to like back in my highschool days. I used to listen to dumb stuff like Slipknot and Coal Chamber and I can't stand any of those bands anymore. I would love to get rid of them. The thing is, some of them have some scratches.[/quote]

i think it depends on the eb. my store will pretty much take in discs in any shape, then we send out the scratched ones.

and unfortunatly the miscellaneous sku (the one worth 4.20) was shut off on wednesday and was replaced with one worth .25 a cd.

Alright cool. My EB never checks for scratches on games, so I guess they won't with cds either. I will call tomorrow to see if mine takes them. Anyways, is it rare for an EB to take music cds, or do most of them do it?

it's a new thing they just started up. we just got signs for it this week. it sounded like all the stores are able to take music cds in, but i may be wrong about that.

I called my EB today, and they take music cds. I took 14 cds up there and they took 13 of them (one didn't have a booklet) and I got $36.00 out of them! I picked up two Xbox games with the credit. I sold em a bunch of junk cds of crap I used to listen to back in my highschool days that I can't stand anymore. Here's the amounts:

Mudvayne - The End of All Things to Come $4.20
Metallica - S&M $4.20
Coal Chamber - Dark Days $2.02
Slipknot - Iowa $2.69
Slipknot - $4.20
Limp Bizkit - Significant Other $1.34
Creed - Human Clay $4.20
Jay-Z - The Blueprint $1.34
Fear Factory - Obsolete (limited edition) $4.20
Korn - Untouchables - $4.00
ICP - THe Amazing Jeckel Bros. $1.34 (I cant believe I liked these guys)
ICP - Bizzar $2.02
Murderdolls - Valley of the Murderdolls - $.25

bread's done
Back