EB Games-Play Soul Calibur 4 FOR FREE FOR A WEEK!!!!!!

Fine print typo:

"Pre-purchase Soul Calibur IV at any EB Games Canada location and receive full in-store credit back when you trade Alone in the Dark in within one week of the product's pickup date."

[quote name='shifty_37']Fine print typo:

"Pre-purchase Soul Calibur IV at any EB Games Canada location and receive full in-store credit back when you trade Alone in the Dark in within one week of the product's pickup date."[/quote]
Hah, that one is amazing.
I'd like to see someone try and hold them to it.

[quote name='Jest']Its going to be a day one purchase for me anyway. I don't understand how EB can run these deals.[/quote] It's called interest, EB hold the 60 bucks from however many people take part in this deal in a bank account with daily interest and profits.

This is why they encourage pre-orders its money that they're holding so they have banks pay interest on it.

To whoever has used this service of EB before, do you get Tax back as well when returning it?

no tax back but the credit you get you don't have to pay tax.

say you pay 59.99 + tax.
You don't get the tax back. But if you buy a item thats 59.99 then you don't pay tax.

HOWEVER heres where they try and mess you up.

Prebuying is not tax free.

I had 5$ put down on persona 3 fes and a 30$ giftcard and they tried to make me pay tax on the 29.99. What you can do is move the 5$ to a different game (effectively cancelling the preorder) then just buy the game with your credit (no tax). But since the play for a week is preorder only. Thats how they make it so they do not lose money.

(I think)

So if you want to take advantage of this. Just make sure you have something/things you want to buy after returning SC. Or just preorder with cash then move the cash somewhere else and buy the next game you want with the edge credit.

[quote name='Jest']Its going to be a day one purchase for me anyway. I don't understand how EB can run these deals.[/quote]

regardless, you can't complain about a free 1-wk rental... :D

bread's done
Back