Eb Games power sale July 6th-22nd

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
p1en.jpg

p2en.jpg

p3en.jpg

p4-b-en.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting for a price drop like this on the Ico/Shadow collection, thanks for posting OP.

Now to wait for the Jak and Daxter collection to drop as well.......

Might pick up Ico/SotC. I wonder why the DS3 controller keeps going on sale for $39.99. Is that the new standard price or what?

Also Graces f for $39 seems good for people who don't plan/care on importing the EU limited edition.

Is it just me, or is this sale basically a re-hash of what BB/FS have had on sale for the last month?

I love that bonus for the Vita. With that and the $8 game TIV bumped up to 25 toward consoles, I'm pretty sure I'll get one this weekend.

Hmm, seems like I'm not the only one who has been waiting for that price point to jump on the ICO bundle. Also need another dual shock controller.

Edit: Just went to their website and both the game and the controller had the sale price so I ordered them. Should have them next week sometime :)

[quote name='king_bronx']Is it just me, or is this sale basically a re-hash of what BB/FS have had on sale for the last month?[/QUOTE]

It does seem that way with some of those prices. EB/GS merely trying to keep up.

[quote name='VetraX']It does seem that way with some of those prices. EB/GS merely trying to keep up.[/QUOTE]

If they wanted to compete they should start by price matching and actually being competitive with prices. Failing that, have better sales than their competition during what is supposed to be this amazing summer sale.

might pick up Ace Combat since FS didn't have it for ps3 and possibly ICO collection. I like their power trades this month. 30% extra credit towards Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2 and a few other titles!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']If anyone only wants Shadow of the Colossus, it's $13.99 on PS store this week or $9.79 for PS+ members.[/QUOTE]
That's awful, ICO is amazing as well so you might as well get both. I just started reading the novelization too, it's translated by Alexander O. Smith.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']If anyone only wants Shadow of the Colossus, it's $13.99 on PS store this week or $9.79 for PS+ members.[/QUOTE]

And why in the world would you not want ICO? ;)

I'm thorn by the 3DS deal, I kind of wanted to wait for the XL, but now there's a pretty big price difference, with the few sales going on, that's 2 more games I could buy for 50 bucks...

MK Vita for 29.99 seems decent until you realize that gamestop.com its 19.99...when our money is so even , they still pull this bullshit.
Pisses me off :/

ICO isn't for everyone - patience for appreciation is needed. It's silly to force it on people in this day and age. Shadow of the Colossus is the far superior title - so yeah you're saving money and shelf space by just getting that one on PSN.

Hey guy...i just found a way to abuse (or as i like to say..get the most out of your value) the 50% trade toward used games and it works cause i tried it today.

So what you have to do is basically find the cheapest used game they have and use that to activate the trade deal and than you trade in all of the games you want and the 50% bonus will apply to ALL of them! Currently, they also have no "maximum" amount of games that can be traded listed as well, so I suggest just bringing in all the games you wanted to trade in..doesn't really matter how much it is since you'll be getting a better deal than you normally would!

I traded in the following:

Dark souls = 18 (12..initial value + 6..50%)
Alice madness returns = 9 (6+3) ***currently $5 at the source***
Dead space 2 = 10.50 (7 + 3.50) ***currently $5 at the Source***

Total was 37.50 - 5 (cheapest used game i found)

This works because they failed to mention the minimum price the used game must be on the flyer...dont know if it was an overlooked mistake but hope this helps you guys...the employee who helped me checked the flyer and said that there was no mention of any "minimum" amount the used game had to be...many of you might have figured this "loop hole" out already so forgive for pointing out the obvious to you guys LOL....enjoy guys!

Edited: Just to let you guys know, I wouldn't only trade in the same games over and over again...this will cause the value of those games to deflate.

I think the minimum for 50% bonus is 4 or 5 bucks, so people can't bring in hundreds of copies of America's cookbook for (lots of) pocket change. The minimum is there, but I don't think they ever have it as a fine print; they'll just tell you.

[quote name='poiuiu']I think the minimum for 50% bonus is 4 or 5 bucks, so people can't bring in hundreds of copies of America's cookbook for (lots of) pocket change. The minimum is there, but I don't think they ever have it as a fine print; they'll just tell you.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but the employees told me there was no minimum..maybe i just got lucky but yeah there's no harm in trying lol...worst case scenario is it doesn't work but you can still trade in and get a decent value for your games :)

Does anyone know if you can combine the guaranteed trade value within 1 mo of release with any other offer?

I have Lollipop chainsaw, which I have finished, and would like to trade in. They indicate it is guaranteed to be $30 trade credit until July 12. Can I combine with any other deal to increase that value? Would like to preorder Transformers or Darksiders II, but not at only $30 credit.

[quote name='diskdocx']Does anyone know if you can combine the guaranteed trade value within 1 mo of release with any other offer?

I have Lollipop chainsaw, which I have finished, and would like to trade in. They indicate it is guaranteed to be $30 trade credit until July 12. Can I combine with any other deal to increase that value? Would like to preorder Transformers or Darksiders II, but not at only $30 credit.[/QUOTE]

I did something similar with Max Payne and Ghost Recon around e3 and got $39 credit towards two games that where part of the 30% promo at the time, from what I read Darksiders 2 is this months promo so you should be able to get it $39 towards that if you trade in Lollipop

LC scanned for 23 bucks trade in value at my Gamestop today, which means the 30 dollar price is a promotional price. Pretty sure that means you can't mix it with another promotion. Could always try, though.

[quote name='Mr.']Bleh, I went to price match Dead Island GOTY, but the sale for that doesn't start until the 16th.[/QUOTE]

yeah i was waiting for that one too..ohh well..a few more days can't hurt :)

Don't forget there's free shipping on EB website if the item is $19.99 and more.

The local EB didn't have any sealed copies of Ico/Shadow I said never mind bought it online free shipping to my mail box at the end of the drive way for the same price. Problem solved.

[quote name='maigoyume']Any issues with getting, "new" non-sealed games when ordering off the EB site?

Or is that not a problem?[/QUOTE]
That should only be an issue in retail stores where they put empty boxes on the shelf without risking the discs getting stolen.

I've had this happen several times, unfortunately. You can still return them in-store if you don't want them, which is what I ended up doing.

I imagine stores send gutted copies of games back to the central warehouse from time to time if they're stagnant on the shelves.

[quote name='maigoyume']Any issues with getting, "new" non-sealed games when ordering off the EB site?

Or is that not a problem?[/QUOTE]

This wont work because of the following statement in the fine print

"Trade credit cannot exceed the combined purchase price of recycled items."

there is no limit to # of items traded or minimum trade value. But you are still limited to 1 copy of each game traded

[quote name='tmlfan2529']Hey guy...i just found a way to abuse (or as i like to say..get the most out of your value) the 50% trade toward used games and it works cause i tried it today.

So what you have to do is basically find the cheapest used game they have and use that to activate the trade deal and than you trade in all of the games you want and the 50% bonus will apply to ALL of them! Currently, they also have no "maximum" amount of games that can be traded listed as well, so I suggest just bringing in all the games you wanted to trade in..doesn't really matter how much it is since you'll be getting a better deal than you normally would!

I traded in the following:

Dark souls = 18 (12..initial value + 6..50%)
Alice madness returns = 9 (6+3) ***currently $5 at the source***
Dead space 2 = 10.50 (7 + 3.50) ***currently $5 at the Source***

Total was 37.50 - 5 (cheapest used game i found)

This works because they failed to mention the minimum price the used game must be on the flyer...dont know if it was an overlooked mistake but hope this helps you guys...the employee who helped me checked the flyer and said that there was no mention of any "minimum" amount the used game had to be...many of you might have figured this "loop hole" out already so forgive for pointing out the obvious to you guys LOL....enjoy guys!

Edited: Just to let you guys know, I wouldn't only trade in the same games over and over again...this will cause the value of those games to deflate.[/QUOTE]

I traded towards a slim 250gb, got $25 for Reach, Blops, AssCreed: Rev, and AssCreed: BroHood. Great value for those titles, I paid less for most of them when I bought them new!

[quote name='Pale-Dim']This wont work because of the following statement in the fine print

"Trade credit cannot exceed the combined purchase price of recycled items."

there is no limit to # of items traded or minimum trade value. But you are still limited to 1 copy of each game traded[/QUOTE]

Well i'm speaking from experience. It worked for me and I managed to get a great deal for the cheapest price possible. Two employees read the flyer in front of me to make sure so they probably screwed up when reading it...it doesn't hurt to try it anyway..what's the worse that can happen? them saying no...but yeah my friend did it as well he traded in his dark souls and picked up a $5 n still got the 50% trade credit...not many employees really take the time to read the fine print..but than again it's up to u whether or not u want to try

I think the associates you dealt with were concerned with the number of games you were trading in and not paying attention to how much you were getting. Obviously poorly trained. But if you got it then its great on your end. would not want to be on the receiving end when the manager finds out how much free credit you got. LOL. Poor associate.

[quote name='VetraX']ICO isn't for everyone - patience for appreciation is needed. It's silly to force it on people in this day and age. Shadow of the Colossus is the far superior title - so yeah you're saving money and shelf space by just getting that one on PSN.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
Bought it today, try them both for like 45 minutes each and I feel lost :drool:

I hope this isn't a weekend deal. I called one place and they didn't have it, there wasn't enough time to go out to the other places since they close at 6. :/

There's been no news on the next two chapters making it to NA, right? So now I don't feel as bad for missing out on this...great price though.

Nope. No news at all.

Best thing now is to hope for Y's Origins to sell better and have XSEED bring out Steamy TitS, and hopefully the other two follow through.

bread's done
Back