EB Games: Select titles $29.99 on 5/17...

Im definately in for Half Life 2 hope they have collectors edition left for me to get. I missed out On the xbox chaos theory deal any idea on if it will be back and looking for limited edition on sale

[quote name='averageguy']Im definately in for Half Life 2 hope they have collectors edition left for me to get. I missed out On the xbox chaos theory deal any idea on if it will be back and looking for limited edition on sale[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding the limited edition in general.. to find it on sale would be great, but it's hard enough to find for normal price!

I might be interested in the HL2, apart from the fact I haven't got an EB Games around me. I assume this is B&M only, right?

I guess mostly for Scahom, do most of the notices you get on deals show up on the webpage as well?

[quote name='SqueeMK2']I might be interested in the HL2, apart from the fact I haven't got an EB Games around me. I assume this is B&M only, right?

I guess mostly for Scahom, do most of the notices you get on deals show up on the webpage as well?[/QUOTE]

This looks like a B&M sale only. Most of the sales between B&M and online are different. From the tone of the memo, I don't really think these prices are universal price drops, but rather EB B&M wanting to clear out old inventory.

[quote name='Scahom1']This looks like a B&M sale only. Most of the sales between B&M and online are different. From the tone of the memo, I don't really think these prices are universal price drops, but rather EB B&M wanting to clear out old inventory.[/QUOTE]

Ah. Well shazbot. :(

Good luck to anyone who has an EB around them, though. Argh... I wish the Gamestop near me would turn into an EB. Then I could get deals like this as well as an Edge card. :p

if i get the hl2 collectors edition for that much i will make love to the box.. i mean it comes with a god damned t-shirt that rox teh sox.

Not interested in EverQuest or Half-Life, and I think I can wait a bit longer and see when MGS3 and Pikmin 2 hit $20. Paper Mario, however, seems like it might be one of those games that takes forever to hit $20, so I might go for it at $30.

[quote name='Scahom1']Hey guys. Got a memo in today at work for setup of a new sale starting 5/17. Aside from Splinter Cell (besides XB)and Brothers In Arms, which are already $29.99, there will be a few more titles: .[/QUOTE]

How come the Xbox version of Splinter Cell: Chaos didn't drop?

[quote name='sabin23']How come the Xbox version of Splinter Cell: Chaos didn't drop?[/QUOTE]

It did a few weeks ago (I think two actually.) I bought it for $30 off the site. Great deal!! Brother's in Arms is really tempting at that price. :D

I'm tempted to get Paper Mario at that price, but I just picked up Star Ocean and I've also got the gamefly 30 day trial going, and I'm trying to finish as many games as possible before that runs out.

Ive just got my 20 dollar emailed voucher... and the other is on its way inb the mail... whether it is just B&M or online too (looks doubtful)... I will be covered... sweet deal to get Paper Mario for essentially 10 bucks...

[quote name='zman73']Ive just got my 20 dollar emailed voucher... and the other is on its way inb the mail... whether it is just B&M or online too (looks doubtful)... I will be covered... sweet deal to get Paper Mario for essentially 10 bucks...[/QUOTE]

How did you go about getting those?

[quote name='miriamleo']want Half Life 2, but my PC can't run it.[/QUOTE]

500mhz with a 16mb video card can run Half-Life 2. Have you even bothered to try the demo, or are you just saying that it won't run because you don't think it will? I didn't think it'd run on mine either, but it runs with no problems at all.

[quote name='WhoDey']How did you go about getting those?[/QUOTE]
by purchasing specially set aside titles during EB Games last sale

I picked up Hot Shots Golf for 20, will get a 20 dollar voucher in the mail

Probably just to clear them out of inventory. Half Life 2 doesn't really move anymore, let alone the SE, which most people don't even know exists.

Also, the retail price was kind of a rip off. Would you pay $79.99 for the game, t-shirt and mini art book with walkthrough of first 2 levels, CAG or not? You would think they would go all out for the SE like EQ2, WoW, Guild Wars, etc...

[quote name='darkje']That's a great price for halflife 2, I wonder why it dropped in price so fast.[/QUOTE]

It's a sale. The collector's editions weren't selling at $80.

*turns around and looks at the HL2 CE marked at 79.99*

*sighs*

Yeah, the Half-life 2 CE really sucked. No wonder it dropped like a rock...I'm angry at myself for buying it at launch even if I did get it at a discount. For $30 it's definatly worth it though, just don't expect much out of the mutliplayer or mods yet.

Thanks for the deal OP. Picked up the HL2:CE for cheap. Not impressed with the contents, but at least it is on DVD and comes with the updated version of the original HL.

[quote name='rebthor']Thanks for the deal OP. Picked up the HL2:CE for cheap. Not impressed with the contents, but at least it is on DVD and comes with the updated version of the original HL.[/QUOTE]

Were you able to pick this up today?

bread's done
Back