EB Games: Splinter Cell Conviction LE 64.99$

ichit4k4_set0

CAGiversary!
Just a heads up to convert your regular editions PO to Limited Editions.
The price just dropped a few minutes ago at EB Games from 79.99 to 64.99 (same as regular) due to defectives usb keys.

not yet here anyway, just called it and it was still showing as 79.99, price may not change until tomorrow when the game is street dated.

Awesome. I cancelled mine a week ago because Amazon had it for this price for awhile. Now they have it for the price I want but since I already went with Amazon, I'm waiting a few days for my shipment to arrive...

Win-win...

[quote name='j940651']what if we pre-ordered the LE - will we get $15 edge cards or what?[/QUOTE]
Yes, to be sure, bring the receipt and ask for it. For me, its always a gift card (not edge card)

Looks like amazon.ca is $59.99 for both regular and LE now. I was going to cancel my FS pre-order but they shipped it already.

[quote name='TripleQ']Looks like amazon.ca is $59.99 for both regular and LE now. I was going to cancel my FS pre-order but they shipped it already.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can still get it price-matched. I emailed Futureshop's customer support department and got my order price-matched to $64 a week ago. I might have to try it again now that is down to $60. Just make it easy on them - list your order number and provide a link to the game on amazon.ca.

Anyone who got the LE have the USB card working?

My brother just got the shipment and he tried the USB card and it was malfunctioning.

According to Amazon.ca, I could go to http://splintercell.com/usboffer on or after the 15th with instructions on what to do.

[quote name='TripleQ']I picked up a regular edition pre-order at EB and was offered a free upgrade to the LE.. so both are $64.99 in store.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, my GF had to drive to another store thought cause the one I POed to was out of LE.

Yes spzero, Ubisoft will be giving out the content of the USB for download if you bought the LE.

my cool usb drive has 0 bytes written. still a cool card, 508MB free! only big enough for a few songs but can't complain!

[quote name='JnJosh']my cool usb drive has 0 bytes written. still a cool card, 508MB free! only big enough for a few songs but can't complain![/QUOTE]

So its not malfunctioning? They just forgot to put the content? :applause:

oh and if you patch your game (xbox live) you can't go past the first weapon stash, ~15 mins in! ughhh so you have to play offline

[quote name='JnJosh']oh and if you patch your game (xbox live) you can't go past the first weapon stash, ~15 mins in! ughhh so you have to play offline[/QUOTE]

My xbox isnt live, so Im safe:bouncy:

I picked up my PO on the regular edition and they gave me $5 back on an Edge Card. I wasn't offered an upgrade to the LE though.

[quote name='spzero']Gah, all I cared about was the usb card itself, and not the content. Boo![/QUOTE]

the USB card is only 512 MB if you're really all that curious so in practical sense its not that useful.

Just to make it clear, theres actually 2 problems going on at the same time.

First, all usb keys are empty.
Second, some of them are not functioning at all.
I got 1 of each.

Ubifail.

[quote name='vibinvo']the USB card is only 512 MB if you're really all that curious so in practical sense its not that useful.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, 512mbs? Holy fucking crap Ubisoft is just begging me not to buy this.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Just to make it clear, theres actually 2 problems going on at the same time.

First, all usb keys are empty.
Second, some of them are not functioning at all.
I got 1 of each.

Ubifail.[/QUOTE]

Why did you buy two? Or do you mean yours is empty and doesn't work :S. If so you have my sympathy sir.

Bought 2, one for me, one for GG.

So wait a minute, did anybody get "Digging in the Ashes" comic book that's mentioned behind the box?

Nope, no comic now that you mentioned it.

edit: ah, but it says it's a digital comic.. so probably available to download when they fix things

Got mine from my brother. Initially, he said it didn't work but after trying it out, it works fine. So I have a 512mb USB card for the most random of things. I wonder what I can put in it...

[quote name='TripleQ']Nope, no comic now that you mentioned it.

edit: ah, but it says it's a digital comic.. so probably available to download when they fix things[/QUOTE]

Digital Comic...wow the image was misleading. This is one of the worst LE Ive seen.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Digital Comic...wow the image was misleading. This is one of the worst LE Ive seen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I picked it up from WM but I haven't opened it yet so it's getting returned! I'll pick it up down the road I guess =\ not a big rush for this one.

Argh, my USB doesn't even work at all. I tried plugging it in in multiple computers, and even my Xbox, but nothing. Meh, would've been useless anyway since it's only 512MB (but it's good eye candy).

I definitely agree that this has got to be one of the worst CEs ever. Crappy art book, cool but useless USB, no bonus making of DVD or ost. The only worthwhile piece was the Steelbook, (which I kept after GGing.)

Atleast the CE for Alan Wake and Records of Agarest will be cool. And DeathSmiles!

bread's done
Back