CAGiversary!
Cheap ass link (EBgames.com)

-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory XB/PS2/GC - $10 EB Games Gift Voucher
-Syphon Filter Omega Strain PS2 - FREE after $20 EB Games Gift Voucher
-Hots Shots Golf Fore PS2 - FREEafter $20 EB Games Gift Voucher
-Purchase Unreal Championship 2 XB and get 30% off the Strategy Guide
-DOOM 3 PC & DOOM 3 Expansion PC - $10 EB Gift Voucher
-Purchase a Nintendo DS system and any DS Game and get a $30 EB gift voucher
-Purchase the following PSP games - Spiderman 2, THUG 2 and get a $10 EB gift voucher
-Receive a $25 dollar EB Gift Voucher when your purchase $100.00 or more of pre-played games, DVD movies, music, or Accessories
-Final Fantasy X2 PS2 $9.99
-Purchase Psychonauts XB/PC or Super Monkey Ball DXL XB/PC and get a $10 EB Gift Voucher
-Call of Duty PS2/XB/GC $29.99
-Tony Hawk Underground 2 XB/PS2/GC $29.99
-X-Men Legends PS2/XB/GC $29.99
-Close Combat First 2 Fight XB $29.99 after $10 eb gift voucher
-Purchase Punisher XB/PS2 or Constantine XB/PS2 and get a $10 eb gift voucher
-Spiderman XB Controller - $5.00 OFF instantly
-1080 Avalanche GC - $9.99
-Custom Robo GC - $9.99
-F-Zero GP Legned GBA - $9.99
-Pokemon Beach GBA Video - $9.99
-Pokemon For Ho Oh GBA video - $9.99
-Pokemon Johto GBA video- $9.99
-Pokemon I Choose You GBA Video $9.99

-Atari Anniversary PC $4.99
-Commandos 3 PC $4.99
-Deus Ex 2 PC $4.99
-Monopoly Tycoon PC $4.99
-Myst 3 Exile PC $4.99
-Pro Race Driver PC $4.99

-Buy 1 of the following Mad Catz Controllers get a 2nd 25%
-Lynx Wireless Controller PS2 or XB
-Microcon Wireless Controller PS2 or XB

-Receive one of the following PC Games Free when your purchase Silent Hunter III for the PC
*Dragons Lair 3d
*IL2 Forgotten Battles Expansion
*Myst URU
*Prince of Persia
*Silent Hunter II

-Receive $50 trade in credit toward Rainbow Six Lockdown for the PS2/XB when you trade in 5 qualifying PS2,XB,GC games.

-Receive $100 store credit when you trade a PS2 System and 3 PS2 Games or a XBOX System and 3 XB Games (some titles are excluded)

-Receive $50 store credit when you trade a GC System and 3 GC Games or a GBA SP and 3 GBA Games

-Receive $25 store credit when you trade a PSOne Mini System and 2 PS1 games or a Playstation System and 5 PS1 games, or a N64 and 5 N64 Games

-Get $30.00 TRADE in Credit for the following games valid until 5/1/05
*God of War PS2
*Gran Turismo 4 PS2
*Timesplitters FP XB, GC, PS2
*Brothers in Arms PS2/XB
*DBZ Sagas PS2/GC/XB
*Dynasty Warriors 5 PS2

-Buy 1 $5.00 Off Instantly Buy 2 get a $15 EB Games Gift Voucher on the following GAMECUBE games
*Fight Night Round 2
*MK Deception
*SRS
*Robots
*Time Spliters Future Perfect
*DBZ Sagas
*Madden 2005
---->GAMECUBE GAMES ONLY

-Receive $10.00 off instantly with purchase of FFXI and FFXI Expansion for PC

-$5.00 off the following Mega Man GC/GBA games
*Megaman Blue/Red Sun GBA
*Megaman Zero 3
*Megaman X Command GC
*Megaman Anniversary GC

-2 for 30 on the following EA Games (multiplatform XB/GC/PS2)
*Bond Everything or Nothing
*Harry Potter Prisoner of
*LOTR Return of the King
*MOH Rising Sun
*NBA Street 2
*NFS Underground
*NFS Hot Pursuit
*NFL Street
*Sims Bustin
*Ty Tasmainan Tiger 2
*SSX3

-2 for 30 on the following Games
*Finding Nemo XB/GC/PS2
*Hot Wheels Stunt PS2/XB
*Jimmy Neutron Attack GC
*Power Rangers Dino GC
*Spongebob Bikini Bottom PS2/XB/GC
*Tak 2 Ps2/Xb/GC

-Following PS2/XB Games for $14.99
*Spy vs. Spy
*Ford Racing 3
*Ford Mustang 40th Anniversary
*Dai Senryaku (XB only)
*Classifield Sentinel Crisis

-2 Free Games instantly when you buy a Gamecube System.
Receive Final Fantasy CC and your choice of the following games
*Animal Crossing
*F Zero
*Zelda WW
*Kirby Air
*Luigi Mansion
*Mario Golf
*Metroid Prime
*Pikmin
*Pokemon Colosseum
*Star Fox Adv.
*Mario Sunshine
*Wario World

AD SCANS

credit: StealthySeal for the scans

scan1.jpg

scan2.jpg

scan0002.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTE: some of the deals do not appear on the ad scan. A lot of them are listed on the back of the flyer coupon. For example Custom Robo for $9.99 is not listed anywhere on the ad scan, but its on the backside of the section that says "Hot Offers" and has a picture of the two pokemon videos and F-zero GBA.

Cheap ass link (EBgames.com)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Curse EB, I wish they hurry up and answer my e-mail about the $25 voucher for buying $100 worth of pre-played games.[/QUOTE]

I just got off the phone with them. I was checking on an order I placed, I asked the CSR about the $25 off $100. He said it's in-store B&M only. Oh well, I will just have to keep all my receipts for the next couple weeks. I'm sure some deal will come along that will force me to spend more money.

I also told him about the links to rebates for Hot shots and Syphon Filter.

The $25 may still work online as I just found the voucher and it say's nothing about online or in-store.

Ah..that sucks. I was really planning on loading up on NES and Genesis carts. I did find an EB store with a complete (and apparently, near mint) Tactics Ogre for $39.99, I just have to find another $60 of used stuff to buy.

With a $30 trade-in-credit for DBZ: Sagas, there may be an opportunity in the next 2 weeks to break-even or even make money. My guess is we will see someone offer it in the ~$30 range before then simply because it is a stinker - Gamerankings has it hovering in the %50 area for each platform.

Already you can get it for 'Cube at BUY.com for $39.99.

Just keep your eyes open for a quick clearance sale on this one guys.

[quote name='slidecage']THIS is going to be INTERESTING

in store it says FREE AFTER REBATE buy either GOLF or FILTER I wondering

a. The only rebate is messed up
OR
B the in store rebate is messed up meaning they wont send my 20 buck rebate

Will know by JUNE (that will be 6 weeks ) s ays allow 4-6 weeks

If i dont get my 20 back i will just dump the GOLF FOr 15 bucks at Blockbuster[/QUOTE]

The in-store rebate is pretty clear, either one FREE after rebate (limit one per customer). Hot Shots does indeed drop $10 down to $20 when you buy it. I don't think that you'll have to worry about getting the rebate. When I bought my Xbox from EB, they had a rebate deal for $50 off if you bought one with a game and an accessory. The rebate wasn't supposed to include the SKU for the refurbished model, but it had gotten on there somehow. I got my rebate back no problem.

At least EB dosen't require you to chop up your insert (ala Gamestop) to get the rebate. Oh, and if you've got a FYE close buy, they'll give you $18 for it. =)

I was able to snag Hot Shots (`EB New') and Custom Robo (sealed) this morning.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Ah..that sucks. I was really planning on loading up on NES and Genesis carts. I did find an EB store with a complete (and apparently, near mint) Tactics Ogre for $39.99, I just have to find another $60 of used stuff to buy.[/QUOTE]

I honestly think the online purchases will work for the $25. If you look at the rebate form, it say's nothing about online or in-store. If I was just a random shopper and not a CAG, I wouldn't have known about this deal ahead of time. If I just went to the site today, and saw the rebate form, I would expect the rebate.

If I was you, I would print out the one they have online before they change it.

Also, just to show you how screwed up the rebate form is, it say's "not for pre-played games" at the bottom. That's funny. They must just re-use the same webpage, and type over the old ones. :)

Boy, the online rebate for Syphon Filter and Hot Shots really sucks compared to the in-store one.

Not only do you have to buy _both_ games, but you have to chop out the UPC code from the boxes! I just noticed that while checking it again.

I would seriously recommend just heading into the store!

[quote name='CaptPete']Boy, the online rebate for Syphon Filter and Hot Shots really sucks compared to the in-store one.

Not only do you have to buy _both_ games, but you have to chop out the UPC code from the boxes! I just noticed that while checking it again.

I would seriously recommend just heading into the store![/QUOTE]

The one I am looking at doesn't say that. It say's mail the completed form plus original receipt.

I am going to EB today to get the in-store one though. I want to get both $20 rebates. :)

[quote name='hotwls13']The one I am looking at doesn't say that. It say's mail the completed form plus original receipt.

I am going to EB today to get the in-store one though. I want to get both $20 rebates. :)[/QUOTE]

They must have changed it then. The one linked from the Hot Shots Golf and Syphon Filter pages right now (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/rebates/50105-spring_02.asp) mentions sending in the UPCs.

The in-store form just says to send in the original reciept.

[quote name='CaptPete']They must have changed it then. The one linked from the Hot Shots Golf and Syphon Filter pages right now (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/rebates/50105-spring_02.asp) mentions sending in the UPCs.

The in-store form just says to send in the original reciept.[/QUOTE]

The form accessible from this page must be the one hotwls13 is referring to.

http://www.ebholdings.com/eb_stores/rebates.asp

Doesn't require the UPCs, but you still must buy BOTH games to get the rebate (or so it says). So yes, the in-store form is still the best.

-DM

[quote name='CaptPete']They must have changed it then. The one linked from the Hot Shots Golf and Syphon Filter pages right now (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/rebates/50105-spring_02.asp) mentions sending in the UPCs.

The in-store form just says to send in the original reciept.[/QUOTE]

Huh...you are right. The one I am looking at online, you click on the rebates link at the lower right of the front page, then click on the rebate.

EB is so screwed up. :)

I went last night and asked the guys there about the upcoming promotions and they didn't know a thing about them.

If anyone has the in-store form, please scan and post it so we can print it. I don't know if I will be able to get to EB soon, and I wouldn't put it past them to pull the flyer.

Darnit, can't go for a couple more hours, has anyone seen 1080 yet? And was it marked right? I'm a little worried that my EB won't have the games I want

And yea I hate that open but "new" crap, once they tried passing off one of their display games as new on me, and then had the nerve to tell me I could buy insurance just in case their open display model game didn't work. Sorry, some may not see that as a big deal, but I just think there's something really messed up with that.

[quote name='D. Monic']The form accessible from this page must be the one hotwls13 is referring to.

http://www.ebholdings.com/eb_stores/rebates.asp

Doesn't require the UPCs, but you still must buy BOTH games to get the rebate (or so it says). So yes, the in-store form is still the best.

-DM[/QUOTE]
Those forms are meant for in-store purchases. The ones for website purchases mention EBgames.com (and packing slips) specifically on the rebate.

Its probably just an error...they've made that mistake before.

Just picked up Hot Shots Golf Fore, 1080 Avalanche, Final Fantasy X-2, Custom Robo, and a $20 gift voucher for $50. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Unfortunately, my local EB is total crap and has mostly preowned games for sale. All of the games I got except for Final Fantasy X-2 came in their display cases rather than shrink wrap. If I order off of ebgames.com am I guaranteed to get them in original packaging? I don't want these crummy cases with 15 stickers on them.

Either way, great deal. Thanks OP.

I love the cut and paste nature of these rebates. For the `online, in-store' version of the Hot Shots/Syphon Filter rebate, they've still got this bit in there:

"Can only be combined with PSP trade-in offers."

Actually, all of the new (End: May 1, 2005) rebate forms have this. =)

Got custom robo for ten bucks b&m, the guy was like ok the games ten on discount and I added the insurance and I say well now go right back and take off that insurance, and hes like but its good for one year and very firmly I say I know its optional take it off so he did, sneaky little bastard.

Just bought Syphon Filter, the guy had no idea there was a deal, I had to show him the large sign in front of the box for him to understand, and then he mentioned that they didn't have any in-store forms. Looks like I'll have to make yet another visit to another EB.

I can't wait till I can go out to my local EB. I'm going to be picking up these titles:

Custom Robo (GCN) - 9.99
1080 Avalanche (GCN) - 9.99
-Deus Ex 2 PC $4.99
-Monopoly Tycoon PC $4.99
*Dai Senryaku (XB only) - 14.99

I have confirmed (from my EB rep) that the online rebate forms are incorrect.
You DO NOT need to buy both Hot Shots and Syphon Filter to get the rebates.
They are fixing it.

[quote name='CheapyD']I have confirmed (from my EB rep) that the online rebate forms are incorrect.
You DO NOT need to buy both Hot Shots and Syphon Filter to get the rebates.
They are fixing it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks CheapyD. Good to know that they are fixing it.

Picked up Hot Shots Golf Fore and Syphon Filter today. Called the 1-877 number and asked the EB rep about the difference between the online deal (buy both to get $20 voucher) and the in-store deal (buy both and get 2 $20 vouchers). She said she's notified the rebate manager that there's a problem and she'll have an answer for me before the end of the day. So I left my number, hopefully they'll actually call back.

But thanks for the heads up Cheapy. Hope she reports the same news back to me.

so if you buy Hot shots online, it is a ebgames.com voucher, but if you buy it instore you can only spend that voucher instore, Correct?

Just asking because i don't have an eb, but my dad was going to pick up hots shots when he took his business trip, but if the voucher is instore only, i would just order online.

[quote name='mcgavin27']so if you buy Hot shots online, it is a ebgames.com voucher, but if you buy it instore you can only spend that voucher instore, Correct?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, that would be correct.

[quote name='MrSneis']Hey guys, picked up FFX-2 today for 10.80! It shows as 20 in the system then gets auto-couponed.[/QUOTE]

Its part of the sale...

I just came back from EB and found 1080 Avalanche and Custom Robo, both were full price! I asked the guy working there several times but he kept saying the game costs whatever is on the box... And I didn't see that they were advertised. I should've had him scan them but didn't bother.

I just picked up Syphon Filter for $20 and the gift voucher. I might go back tomorrow and pick up HSGF and see if I can snag Custom Robo and 1080 for $10 each.

[quote name='mcgavin27']so if you buy Hot shots online, it is a ebgames.com voucher, but if you buy it instore you can only spend that voucher instore, Correct?

Just asking because i don't have an eb, but my dad was going to pick up hots shots when he took his business trip, but if the voucher is instore only, i would just order online.[/QUOTE]

It's still kinda up in the air. The way I see it, you are paying the same whether you buy it online or B&M. The vouchers online are all messed up because they are scrambling to get everything updated for this new sale. I haven't seen them yet, but the in-store vouchers sound like they are worded the "most correct" way. I plan to pickup all the vouchers in-store today (hopefully), and I will scan them (if someone else hasn't by then) and hopefully someone can post them for me as I don't have a way to.

The main difference between the online/B&M looks like the "purchase both of" or "Purchase one of" statements at the beginning, and the requirement for the UPC's for the online version.

That's just rediculous to think that people purchasing online have to cut out the upc's on there games, but the B&M purchasers don't have to.

Personally, I think it will all work out fine, and we will get our vouchers without cutting out the UPC's.

[quote name='hotwls13']It's still kinda up in the air. The way I see it, you are paying the same whether you buy it online or B&M. The vouchers online are all messed up because they are scrambling to get everything updated for this new sale. I haven't seen them yet, but the in-store vouchers sound like they are worded the "most correct" way. I plan to pickup all the vouchers in-store today (hopefully), and I will scan them (if someone else hasn't by then) and hopefully someone can post them for me as I don't have a way to.

The main difference between the online/B&M looks like the "purchase both of" or "Purchase one of" statements at the beginning, and the requirement for the UPC's for the online version.

That's just rediculous to think that people purchasing online have to cut out the upc's on there games, but the B&M purchasers don't have to.

Personally, I think it will all work out fine, and we will get our vouchers without cutting out the UPC's.[/QUOTE]

The "voucher" is just the flyer. There are squares that you can cut out and on the back is where you print your mailing information. All it requires is you send the original receipt, no game box UPC required. Thank God, I don't want to cut up the boxes.

[quote name='mcgavin27']i am just asking, Can you use the voucher from instore at ebgames.com or is it an instore voucher only.[/QUOTE]

If you buy it instore its instore only, according to the rebate form you send.

[quote name='Thundercleese']***IMPORTANT***

I looked at the rebate form for Syphon Filter and it says that to get the rebate, you must order BOTH Syphon Filter AND Hot Shots Golf Force [sic]. The form is the same link if you check Hot Shots as well.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/rebates/50105-spring_02.asp

So in other words, you can't get the rebate if you order just one, and if you order both, you only get one rebate. So these games DO NOT end up being free.[/QUOTE]

If you had actually bothered to take 10 seconds to read the last couple of pages of this thread, we're all very aware of that fact. Its a typo from the website. You do actually get both for free, according to CheapyD and his EB source.

Sorry man, relax. Something is screwed up with the forums as I read what was displayed as the last page and it only turned out to be page 6. Now there are 10 pages. Don't know what's wrong, but it was an honest mistake...

I was just trying to be helpful.

I just got back from a local eb store where I bought 1080 Avalanche and Custom Robo. Both were $9.99 on sale. It says $9.99 on the back of the new sales flyer so everyone should have no problems when picking them up. You could always go by there and if they are out of stock, just pick up the sales flyer and take it to another store like Best Buy, Wal Mart, or Circuit City and get a price match. Since it is written right there in plain view on the sales flyer, I think you should be able to find someone that will pricematch the games for you. Good Luck

Thanks for the heads up on the differences of the instore and online rebate for Hot Shots Golf Fore. I was planning on buying this as a birthday gift for someone and keep the rebate for myself but getting it online wouldn't work because I would have to cut the UPC from the box. At least with the instore you just need to send in the receipt and form, so I can still give it as a unopened game to my nephew. My EB is holding my copy until I pick it up tomorrow. Thanks CAG.

[quote name='Technique']Hows Custom Robo? It looks pretty cool, but reviews have been low and mixed, so I don't know what to think..[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing, but I bought it anyway. I'll play it later tonight and see if it was worth the 10 bucks.

[quote name='Vinny']I just came back from EB and found 1080 Avalanche and Custom Robo, both were full price! I asked the guy working there several times but he kept saying the game costs whatever is on the box... And I didn't see that they were advertised. I should've had him scan them but didn't bother.

I just picked up Syphon Filter for $20 and the gift voucher. I might go back tomorrow and pick up HSGF and see if I can snag Custom Robo and 1080 for $10 each.[/QUOTE]

Did you see the ad? The coupon shows that both of them are 10 bucks. When I was at the store, I asked about custom robo, and the eb guy didn't know it was really 10 bucks until I showed him the ad. But it didn't really matter, they had no more new copies in that store...

[quote name='tcrash247']I was wondering the same thing, but I bought it anyway. I'll play it later tonight and see if it was worth the 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would be awesome if you could man! thanks in advance!

Ok since the rebate form said Syphon Filter or Hot Shot golf is it ok to send both rebate form from one address? In same envlope?

[quote name='62t']Ok since the rebate form said Syphon Filter or Hot Shot golf is it ok to send both rebate form from one address? In same envlope?[/QUOTE]

That would probably be fine. I'd tell you for sure, but I already sealed up my rebate form.

[quote name='tcrash247']That would probably be fine. I'd tell you for sure, but I already sealed up my rebate form.[/QUOTE]

It also said 'limit one per customer,' so they have every right to only send you one rebate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back