EB Games- SRS(Xbox) $9.99 YMMV

joshthegreat69

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (97%)
I went in to an EB Games when i was out of town and noticed they had a Street Racing Syndicate new for 10 bucks. It was only for Xbox, and i hadn't noticed this in an EB other than this one, so it may be a YMMV

For anyone w/ a nearby Rhino, this one still qualified for their 2-for-1 a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna check & see if it still does. :)

A little off topic but you can get NCAA Football 2005 for $7.99 used and $9.99 new at Ebgames B&M. Damn, I was just in EB yesterday. Saw a copy put didn't take the time to look at the price.

[quote name='rafissaying']is SRS worth getting for 9.99?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, its THAT BAD.

[quote name='rafissaying']is SRS worth getting for 9.99?[/QUOTE]

Every game is.

Thanks op been wanting this for awhile.

[quote name='The VGM']Every game is.
.[/QUOTE]

You must be made of money and have a ton of free time.

I've got enough of a backlog already with decent games, I can't imagine blowing $10 bucks on every substandard game to come down the pipe.

I played a demo and it sucked. It just didnt have a good sense of speed. You're better off paying the extra $5 for NFS Underground or Midnight Club II (after the BB GGC) than wasting cash on this.

[quote name='Rozz']I played a demo and it sucked. It just didnt have a good sense of speed. You're better off paying the extra $5 for NFS Underground or Midnight Club II (after the BB GGC) than wasting cash on this.[/QUOTE] Agreed. Both are far better games than SRS. Thanks anyway OP. :D

Just for anyone wondering..when I asked the guy to check the PS2 and GC prices they all hadn't been adjusted and were still around 20 or 30 bucks i believe.

since the new xbox version rang up at 9.99, does that mean that the used ones might be less or is it going to be more? i know that ebgames has the tendency to mark up their used games and have the new games pretty cheap, like sports games for example.

[quote name='rafissaying']since the new xbox version rang up at 9.99, does that mean that the used ones might be less or is it going to be more? i know that ebgames has the tendency to mark up their used games and have the new games pretty cheap, like sports games for example.[/QUOTE]

during temporary sales ebgames will mark down that price for new copies and leave the used price the same. that's why you see new prices cheaper than used at ebgames sometimes. i'm guessing that the used price for srs is gonna be more.

also at bytesizedeals.com, they say that nightshade for ps2 is also ringing up 9.99 for new.

Called Rhino, and it still qualifies for the 2-for-1. So to whoever asked, yes, it's well worth $10 since it will net me $25 store credit. :D

[quote name='argyle']Called Rhino, and it still qualifies for the 2-for-1. So to whoever asked, yes, it's well worth $10 since it will net me $25 store credit. :D[/QUOTE]
Could someone please explain to me what he is talking about? I have a rhyno video games store near me.

Rhino does a deal where if you trade 2 games, you get a new release for free. The two games must be worth at least $12.00 each in store credit to qualify.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Rhino does a deal where if you trade 2 games, you get a new release for free. The two games must be worth at least $12.00 each in store credit to qualify.[/QUOTE]

They changed it slightly a few months back, and now the games only have to trade in for $10 to qualify - which is exactly what SRS trades in for right now. :)

I traded in today:

SRS x2 ($10/ea)

Ghost in the Shell ($20, but got a couple weeks back when I traded in my N64 at EB. Beat it today.)

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (xbox) (I had done a 2-for-1 to get this one way back when it first came out)

From all of those I picked up 2 $50 games, which I will return next week & get the $100 store credit for. Can't beat it. :)

And here's Rhino's website - this is the store I'm talking about. It's just a Southeastern chain afaik. - http://www.rhinovideogames.com/

Well, I tried to so the SRS trade in for a new game but the guys at my rhino said they weren't allowed to do multiple copies of one game. :(

Edit: They also told me they needed to get 24.99 to be valid.

You can't do multiples of one game in a single trade. As I mentioned, I traded in 4 games total, so there was a copy of SRS & another title in each trade. My guys are cool and don't mind if I bring in multiples at one time as long as I can split it like that, but if you don't know your guys you might just wanna take in 1 SRS & another game at a time.

And the games that qualify they usually resell for $24.99, so that may be what they were talking about there.

bread's done
Back